The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 451 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t Brian say 6-8 a night?

Not sure, I don't really follow this thread as closely as others do, but I'm likely wrong if that's the more accurate figure. But, the point is, if I'm spending about $80+ just to get in to the event, I want to have a chance of doing all the houses. Express gave me that option without necessarily breaking the budget. I don't know how much RIP tours cost, but if it's over $200, then I'm probably gonna have to sit out this year.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Not sure, I don't really follow this thread as closely as others do, but I'm likely wrong if that's the more accurate figure. But, the point is, if I'm spending about $80+ just to get in to the event, I want to have a chance of doing all the houses. Express gave me that option without necessarily breaking the budget. I don't know how much RIP tours cost, but if it's over $200, then I'm probably gonna have to sit out this year.
Tours start at $199.99

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Just to clarify a point: I was not basing my post off of any rumored/speculated information regarding "locals-only". I was referring to the Florida mandate that any visitors from the Tri-State area quarantine for 14 days; the governor put that mandate into effect early on when New York City was first profoundly affected. Recently, our state's governor enacted a similar mandate regarding travelers from Florida when things started spiking there. However, Florida's mandate is still in effect last I checked.

So I, traveling from a fairly low-risk area in New York State, would have to quarantine 14 days upon arriving in Florida if the mandate is enforced. My vacation/time requested off from work for HHN is typically between 7-10 days. So I'd be literally spending my entire trip quarantined, only to return and quarantine for 14 more days back home.

That's what makes attending a near-impossibility for me currently, not any particular rumored rules set in place by Universal. We'll see if the travel restriction on Florida's end is altered or halted by the time October rolls around!

Also, very bummed to hear about Patrick losing his job.

Just to clarify a point: I was not basing my post off of any rumored/speculated information regarding "locals-only". I was referring to the Florida mandate that any visitors from the Tri-State area quarantine for 14 days; the governor put that mandate into effect early on when New York City was first profoundly affected. Recently, our state's governor enacted a similar mandate regarding travelers from Florida when things started spiking there. However, Florida's mandate is still in effect last I checked.

So I, traveling from a fairly low-risk area in New York State, would have to quarantine 14 days upon arriving in Florida if the mandate is enforced. My vacation/time requested off from work for HHN is typically between 7-10 days. So I'd be literally spending my entire trip quarantined, only to return and quarantine for 14 more days back home.

That's what makes attending a near-impossibility for me currently, not any particular rumored rules set in place by Universal. We'll see if the travel restriction on Florida's end is altered or halted by the time October rolls around!

Also, very bummed to hear about Patrick losing his job.
Oh yikes that’s awful!

It was @Joe, not @Brian G.
And he said 6-8 houses in a TWO NIGHT TOTAL (which would equal 3-4 in a single night).
From what I remember, @Joe didn't say this IS happening, he said PREPARE FOR IT to happen, but that it's not definite.
Correct:

People should start making peace with the fact they might be able to go twice, hit 6-8 houses total (not a night, total), no shows, no alcohol, and no friend hang outs. Prepare now. Hopefully it doesn’t come to fruition but it could and would.

This is all pretty wild even though we have been discussing it for a while. Just need to see what is officially offered and thankfully I don't go until the end of the event so that can help temper expectations and what I will do. Still wild

This is the unfortunate thing. Having to spend $280 to have a chance to do all the houses.. worries me. If they want to bump up the price of Express that's fine too, but paying for a tour is a major "eh" for me.

Even after you-know-what ends or at least loses pandemic status, will they be able to use certain techniques (SIF, water, mask-less scareactor that can get close to you, etc.)?
Some scareactors are getting fitted for teeth this year I know, so not all will be wearing masks. They might have plexi-glass in front of them, but not all will have masks.

Yes this. I am all about bumping up Express prices but I really don't want to do a tour....idk...guess we will see
Yes, honestly it's not even 100% about the price - I just never really had interest in doing an RIP tour. A private one would be cool, but well... $$$$$ lol.

I will totally pay $150 for Express on a Wednesday though.

Reactions: Rikku
Yes, honestly it's not even 100% about the price - I just never really had interest in doing an RIP tour. A private one would be cool, but well... $$$$$ lol.

I will totally pay $150 for Express on a Wednesday though.

I just like doing HHN my own way...idk just what "could" happen this year is making me nervous all around. Granted I should be grateful HHN happens at all however if the variables are right it does make it a "hard sell" this year...because put me in the traveling in from out of town crowd that pays a lot to make this happen every year. I know locals are the focus but just saying I will give Universal PLENTY of money

Status
Not open for further replies.