The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 457 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see HHN being open until 2am, considering most places act like COVID comes out at night and everything is closing much earlier than before. I see them actually opening houses earlier in the day.. you still need a HHN ticket but you could be enjoying houses as early afternoon while regular park guests are still inside.

There's a lot of optimism in this thread for HHN that is in no way correlated to current events and case spiking. It's cold dead heartwarming to see.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Out of genuine curiosity, why are you considering it too painful to go if it’s open?

Because I had been waiting for this year for a good long while. Words cannot describe how excited I was.

(I was also psyched about IG opening, as well as seeing coverage of SNW’s opening.)

Reactions: Allison
I don't see HHN being open until 2am, considering most places act like COVID comes out at night and everything is closing much earlier than before. I see them actually opening houses earlier in the day.. you still need a HHN ticket but you could be enjoying houses as early afternoon while regular park guests are still inside.

There's a lot of optimism in this thread for HHN that is in no way correlated to current events and case spiking. It's cold dead heartwarming to see.
It’s hard for me to imagine it being open until 2am as well without any shows or alcohol present (and minimal zones). I just don’t see how a 2am close is justified this year.

:lol::lol::lol:, atmosphere is a lot when it comes to HHN so I can’t see house being open in the middle of the day with park guest also inside the park, how would they separate HHN guest from regular guest without us having contact with a TM? If anything they will have to close the park earlier. I see them adding hours to the event after as they wouldn’t want to close the park earlier than 5pm. If they don’t want us there late just don’t add hours at all. However, I personally see them open till 2am, even without zones. It will give guest more time to do houses, remember there might be no express and with them pulsing the lines even with low capacity the lines will be long. Staying open later will give guest more time to do houses, what would be 3-4 could be 7-8 with a 2am close.

Last edited:
Well, I don’t think you can be in two houses at once.

But 2020 is a weird year. Breaking the rules of physics and space/time doesn’t feel like too much of a stretch.
Probably shoulda clarified better lol basically I meant let’s say it’s 8 o clock and I have a 9 o clock time for beetlejuice. Could I go to billie eilish and get a time after 9 for billie or would I have to wait to go through beetlejuice before I could get another time?

Probably shoulda clarified better lol basically I meant let’s say it’s 8 o clock and I have a 9 o clock time for beetlejuice. Could I go to billie eilish and get a time after 9 for billie or would I have to wait to go through beetlejuice before I could get another time?
Probably what they would want but how would they know if we did?

It’s hard for me to imagine it being open until 2am as well without any shows or alcohol present (and minimal zones). I just don’t see how a 2am close is justified this year.
HYPOTHETICALLY

No Express and single, socially distanced queue. Every house gets a 45-60 minute wait (remember, they’re likely pulsing).

With a midnight close, guests who walk in at seven get to do 5-6 houses with little chance to buy merch or food. With a 2am close, guests can do 7-9 house WITH a chance to linger over food and merch.

It’s about increasing the amount of time guests have to do more.

I would personally love this. And, isn't it open until 2 am on Friday/Saturdays every other year? I usually go on Wednesday nights, so I'm used to 1 am shutdown. But when I went on Fri, Nov 1 last year it was open until 2 am (actually 3 am using the extra hour trick). So this wouldn't be too far out of bounds I don't think.

HYPOTHETICALLY

No Express and single, socially distanced queue. Every house gets a 45-60 minute wait (remember, they’re likely pulsing).

With a midnight close, guests who walk in at seven get to do 5-6 houses with little chance to buy merch or food. With a 2am close, guests can do 7-9 house WITH a chance to linger over food and merch.

It’s about increasing the amount of time guests have to do more.
Well, the nights never end at midnight - it's always 1 am or 2 am. And I'm usually there an hour early to get in first at the 6 pm rope drop. So, going from 6 pm to 2 am would make it plausible to get in 10 houses IF the wait times are less for the first hour, then 45-60 min the rest of the night.

As of right now I'm not attending even if the event happens. Just too painful--maybe if it weren't an anni year and with it high expectations, I could brush it off. But it is, and I simply can't.
Because I had been waiting for this year for a good long while. Words cannot describe how excited I was.

(I was also psyched about IG opening, as well as seeing coverage of SNW’s opening.)

I mean yeah. I was supposed to go on family trips, a wedding, and @JungleSkip and I were to have a Memoridal Day theme park trip around PA and Ohio. It sucks. But releasing oneself to defeat and worst case scenarios doesn't help you control the situation any better. Been there, done that, doesn't work.

:lol::lol::lol:, atmosphere is a lot when it comes to HHN so I can’t see house being open in the middle of the day with park guest also inside the park, how would they separate HHN guest from regular guest without us having contact with a TM? If anything they will have to close the park earlier. I see them adding hours to the event after as they wouldn’t want to close the park earlier than 5pm. If they don’t want us there late just don’t add hours at all.

The same way they separate an Express guest when it comes to entering the houses and also like MNSSHP where a wristband can be necessary for later or else park exit required. It's all possible. USJ's HHN happens daily and is included with admission. I would expect any and everything to be possible if they are still putting together THIS event.. emphasis on THIS event.. in the current climate.

The same way they separate an Express guest when it comes to entering the houses and also like MNSSHP where a wristband can be necessary for later or else park exit required. It's all possible. USJ's HHN happens daily and is included with admission. I would expect any and everything to be possible if they are still putting together THIS event.. emphasis on THIS event.. in the current climate.
I mean with past years how they checked for express might contact(less then 6ft) with a TM. Not to mention the capacity that would cause.

I mean yeah. I was supposed to go on family trips, a wedding, and @JungleSkip and I were to have a Memoridal Day theme park trip around PA and Ohio. It sucks. But releasing oneself to defeat and worst case scenarios doesn't help you control the situation any better. Been there, done that, doesn't work.

Understood and I’ve debated not going this year as well, but like @Joe I’ve had plans change but I’m still gonna go through with them as best as I can. Example, I’ve had a birthday staycation planned for ages now at my favorite resort I haven’t stayed at in a decade...to find out the resort doesn’t reopen until half way through the trip, so we had to move. Still taking the staycation though, because at the end of the day, if my biggest problem is “I can’t stay at the hotel I wanna stay at” then I really don’t have any problems at all.

So, while I possibly have my issues with this year, if my biggest one is “they’re making me go to TCM and I don’t want to” then that’s really not the worst that could happen. Hopefully, if you’re feeling safe enough, you’ll reconsider.

What is everyone’s favorite icon and who you looking forward to the most to see in the icon house? What you think their room or rooms will be?

Edit: this is probably better for the wishlist thread.

Last edited:
I would personally love this. And, isn't it open until 2 am on Friday/Saturdays every other year? I usually go on Wednesday nights, so I'm used to 1 am shutdown. But when I went on Fri, Nov 1 last year it was open until 2 am (actually 3 am using the extra hour trick). So this wouldn't be too far out of bounds I don't think.

Well, the nights never end at midnight - it's always 1 am or 2 am. And I'm usually there an hour early to get in first at the 6 pm rope drop. So, going from 6 pm to 2 am would make it plausible to get in 10 houses IF the wait times are less for the first hour, then 45-60 min the rest of the night.
I don't know what extra hour trick you're talking about because while the clock may have changed, HHN closes at the original 2am, not the extended 2am. I know this because I worked the event last year and normally would clock out well after 2am, but on that night we clocked out at around 1:15 (technically). That was the only 2am close we could go to a bar afterwards :lol:

I don't know what extra hour trick you're talking about because while the clock may have changed, HHN closes at the original 2am, not the extended 2am. I know this because I worked the event last year and normally would clock out well after 2am, but on that night we clocked out at around 1:15 (technically). That was the only 2am close we could go to a bar afterwards :lol:
So, just like any other park, if you are in line before closing, you get on the ride. Same with HHN. I always talk about "maximizing your time" to hit all the houses without using Express or any other add-on - and this is one of the biggest ways. Take the most popular house - last year was easily Stranger Things 2/3. Save it for the very end of the night - and when I say "end" I mean like 5 minutes before close. The queue time will have dropped down to an hour (or under in some circumstances by then). Get in line at 12:55 am for a 1 am close, or 1:55 am for a 2 am close. You've just bought yourself an "extra" hour essentially - you'll probably wait close to an hour to get through the house, but as long as you're in line before the posted closing time, you will get through the house. AND you don't have to worry about standing in a 3 hour line at any point for the most popular house.

So, just like any other park, if you are in line before closing, you get on the ride. Same with HHN. I always talk about "maximizing your time" to hit all the houses without using Express or any other add-on - and this is one of the biggest ways. Take the most popular house - last year was easily Stranger Things 2/3. Save it for the very end of the night - and when I say "end" I mean like 5 minutes before close. The queue time will have dropped down to an hour (or under in some circumstances by then). Get in line at 12:55 am for a 1 am close, or 1:55 am for a 2 am close. You've just bought yourself an "extra" hour essentially - you'll probably wait close to an hour to get through the house, but as long as you're in line before the posted closing time, you will get through the house. AND you don't have to worry about standing in a 3 hour line at any point for the most popular house.
That’s not buying an extra tickets that’s called something else :lol: :lol:

Well, I mean yeah, that's a pretty commonly known thing among people who regularly attend the event. As long as you're in line before the park is closed, they'll let you wait. You may have a lesser experience though as the scareactors are NOT forced to work past their originally scheduled out times if they do not want to.

That’s not buying an extra tickets that’s called something else :lol: :lol:
Extra ticket? I said buying an extra hour. Not actually "purchasing" - but "buying yourself" more time.

Well, I mean yeah, that's a pretty commonly known thing among people who regularly attend the event. As long as you're in line before the park is closed, they'll let you wait. You may have a lesser experience though as the scareactors are NOT forced to work past their originally scheduled out times if they do not want to.
Right - I'm just saying that's how you buy yourself an extra hour. As we were about to go through ST2/3 last year at that time, the Yetis and Us scareactors were exiting as their queue lines were completely empty at that point. I counted about 15 Yetis and a ton of Us scareactors - so there were still working at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.