The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 458 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just like any other park, if you are in line before closing, you get on the ride. Same with HHN. I always talk about "maximizing your time" to hit all the houses without using Express or any other add-on - and this is one of the biggest ways. Take the most popular house - last year was easily Stranger Things 2/3. Save it for the very end of the night - and when I say "end" I mean like 5 minutes before close. The queue time will have dropped down to an hour (or under in some circumstances by then). Get in line at 12:55 am for a 1 am close, or 1:55 am for a 2 am close. You've just bought yourself an "extra" hour essentially - you'll probably wait close to an hour to get through the house, but as long as you're in line before the posted closing time, you will get through the house. AND you don't have to worry about standing in a 3 hour line at any point for the most popular house.
I wouldn’t recommend basing your night with this in mind. It’s rare that it’s a full cast of you stay after close. I’d only do this for repeats

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Well, I mean yeah, that's a pretty commonly known thing among people who regularly attend the event. As long as you're in line before the park is closed, they'll let you wait. You may have a lesser experience though as the scareactors are NOT forced to work past their originally scheduled out times if they do not want to.

This is bizarre to me, because Hollywood requires its actors to stay put (with "overtime" schedules already blocked out) until the final guest goes through.

• Wow
Reactions: londonwerecat
I’m still torn on the BOGO deal. My trip will be for 4 nights and one of those nights is a blockout date. It’s a risk either way because I could buy the BOGO, but then they could release multi night tickets that could have saved me money. But if there are no multi night passes, the BOGO offer will be over and I’ll have to buy 4 individual tickets with one of those being a Saturday. Anyone else in a similar scenario and if so, what are you doing?

This is bizarre to me, because Hollywood requires its actors to stay put (with "overtime" schedules already blocked out) until the final guest goes through.
Here, the actors are given a choice at the beginning of the day. There's normally a form that asks if they are unable to extend. If you say yes, then they won't force you to work past originally scheduled out time and you can clock out even if there's a long wait.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I wouldn’t recommend basing your night with this in mind. It’s rare that it’s a full cast of you stay after close. I’d only do this for repeats
I mean everyone has to make their own path and decide what's most important for them of course. For me, I want to get through all the houses with multiple repeats without Express and without waiting hours for any one house. This is one of the parts of the way for me to do that (along with getting there an hour early and following a designated path the first 2 hours), and it's never failed me yet after all these years. I've never felt cheated going through that last house, so maybe I've just been really lucky.

Last edited:
I'd be fine if the rumored plan comes to fruition. While it's not without faults, this seems like the only way waits can remain low-ish with pulsing. I also think that knowing you won't get through every house in a single night could make the event more enjoyable because cramming everything in won't be a challenge.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I’m still torn on the BOGO deal. My trip will be for 4 nights and one of those nights is a blockout date. It’s a risk either way because I could buy the BOGO, but then they could release multi night tickets that could have saved me money. But if there are no multi night passes, the BOGO offer will be over and I’ll have to buy 4 individual tickets with one of those being a Saturday. Anyone else in a similar scenario and if so, what are you doing?
One of the admins (can't remember who) said they USUALLY allow you to upgrade from BOGO to FFP or FFPP on normal years. Doesn't mean they will this year - but I remember it being mentioned a few pages back.

Reactions: dxwwf3 and Sledge
It’s tough. We’re going 4 nights, so it’s like, buy 2 bogos or roll the dice on a multi-night. I may make a decision at the last minute.

One of the admins (can't remember who) said they USUALLY allow you to upgrade from BOGO to FFP or FFPP on normal years. Doesn't mean they will this year - but I remember it being mentioned a few pages back.
I think it was @Joe. The trouble is buying two bogos would essentially be what I paid for Frequent Fear Plus last year. I just need 4 nights; it’s tempting.

Same situation here, but 5 days. I'm hoping you can just "upgrade" your BOGO tickets to the 'Rush of Fear' or 'Frequent Fear Pass'. BUT with two sets of BOGOs being $160+, that is more expensive than the Rush of Fear pass typically is, and I'm not sure they'll want to refund the money we've already paid and honor a less expensive (but more nights) option.

Looks like we have a few weeks to figure things out, but it would be nice if they'd let us know what all the options are before the deal expires. They don't seem to be looking after their most loyal fans in that regard. Even if the answer is 'No Multi-Night Passes', it's better than being left hanging and missing the BOGO.

It’s tough. We’re going 4 nights, so it’s like, buy 2 bogos or roll the dice on a multi-night. I may make a decision at the last minute.
I can’t see them not having FF. If they are going to rely on locals and you can’t see all 10 houses in one night(if 10 still happens) then FF seems like what they will want to do.

:lol::lol::lol:, atmosphere is a lot when it comes to HHN so I can’t see house being open in the middle of the day with park guest also inside the park, how would they separate HHN guest from regular guest without us having contact with a TM? If anything they will have to close the park earlier. I see them adding hours to the event after as they wouldn’t want to close the park earlier than 5pm. If they don’t want us there late just don’t add hours at all. However, I personally see them open till 2am, even without zones. It will give guest more time to do houses, remember there might be no express and with them pulsing the lines even with low capacity the lines will be long. Staying open later will give guest more time to do houses, what would be 3-4 could be 7-8 with a 2am close.

If no zones and no alcohol and no shows, you could possibly open the houses earlier (there's no outdoor bars to set up; there's no SZ props to move into place). Hand out wristbands for verified HHN ticket holders (like they did for alcohol age checks). They would need to have a TM anyway at the house entrance to scan for a valid house time reservation, so they can verify wristband or re-check HHN tickets/ etc.

If no zones and no alcohol and no shows, you could possibly open the houses earlier (there's no outdoor bars to set up; there's no SZ props to move into place). Hand out wristbands for verified HHN ticket holders (like they did for alcohol age checks). They would need to have a TM anyway at the house entrance to scan for a valid house time reservation, so they can verify wristband or re-check HHN tickets/ etc.
Another problem with that is that when it’s still light out it’s so dark in the house you can’t see anything. This will throw any SD out the window.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Universal has posted a detailed ticket document about all tickets for travel partners, they only note theses passes for HHN.

Halloween Horror Night Frequent Fear Plus (exchange).
Halloween Horror Night Frequent Fear Plus (straight to gate).
If you're talking about the UK FFP, I was listening to the podcast on HHN365, and they said they've had some listeners tell them the exchange has been honored and others say it hasn't.

If you're not talking about the UK FFP, then would you mind posting a link to what you're talking about because I'm very interested. Thanks.

Yeah, I’ve accepted it as a late stage capitalism move that risks people’s safety for profit. I’m also bummed show directors have been laid off in the midst of all this, yet they’re still plowing full steam ahead to figure out how to have an event, even with many concessions to its design.

Everything is a risk including flying to Orlando then driving to the parks. Yes, COVID is a much higher risk than many of us are used to taking or willing to take. Universal doesn't have much of a choice, if they close, huge swaths of the park's employees will be laid off. With no assistance from the state or federal government they don't have an option.

Also show director, singular.

Ultimately it comes down to free will and choice and responsibility. No one is making you go. Going anywhere at any time, one accepts some level of risk.

If everyone is wearing a mask, that’s a good start (and surprising to me, the parks have managed to maintain full compliance.). There will be distancing measures in place, but at times, you will have to be a responsible adult and manage to keep distance

Obviously, there are some folks who have determined there are enough measures in place to mitigate the “risk” of going to a theme park. Universal has decided that they will accommodate these people. If you get sick from going to HHN, that’s a consequence of a choice you made.

I honestly think mountains are being made out of mole hills here. Capacity will be reduced through UO policy and by the nature of what’s happening in the world. The majority of the folks at HHN will be people who “get it” and less of the “casuals” we’ve become accustomed to. I’ve seen enough from Universal over the past month to trust them to do this right.

I think there's a lot of reason why people should be worried about exposure at the parks especially indoors while dining. At this point without contact tracing it's hard to tell where the cases are coming from but my gut tells me there's likely few cases from the parks while A LOT from bars, restaurants, and other establishments that were given free reign to open.

I asked UOR on Twitter and they DM'd me saying that previously they have honored the upgrades but cannot commit because the tickets have not been anounced this year.

If you're talking about the UK FFP, I was listening to the podcast on HHN365, and they said they've had some listeners tell them the exchange has been honored and others say it hasn't.

If you're not talking about the UK FFP, then would you mind posting a link to what you're talking about because I'm very interested. Thanks.

This is for the travel industry so not just specifically for the UK, the document is huge so I can’t post the whole thing but these are the two pages for HHN passes.

There’s also a couple of pages about the flex tickets and one day tickets etc.

1594259562388.jpeg
1594259593499.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.