The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 456 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I’ve accepted it as a late stage capitalism move that risks people’s safety for profit. I’m also bummed show directors have been laid off in the midst of all this, yet they’re still plowing full steam ahead to figure out how to have an event, even with many concessions to its design.

To me, there’s going to be a major issue. Whether it’s backstage with break space, tag outs, or clock in stations; or front of house with queues and crowding. It’s going to be impossible to avoid calamity no matter how on top of this Universal is.

What’s their plan for house exits? They funnel the Sprungs, Parades, and SS out the same exits. Even MIB funnels right out into a bottle necked area. Im expecting the same from La Bomba. 30% capacity can still cause congestion in certain areas of the park. We’ll go from Ops yelling in the houses to keep it moving to having them out in the streets too!
Ultimately it comes down to free will and choice and responsibility. No one is making you go. Going anywhere at any time, one accepts some level of risk.

If everyone is wearing a mask, that’s a good start (and surprising to me, the parks have managed to maintain full compliance.). There will be distancing measures in place, but at times, you will have to be a responsible adult and manage to keep distance

Obviously, there are some folks who have determined there are enough measures in place to mitigate the “risk” of going to a theme park. Universal has decided that they will accommodate these people. If you get sick from going to HHN, that’s a consequence of a choice you made.

I honestly think mountains are being made out of mole hills here. Capacity will be reduced through UO policy and by the nature of what’s happening in the world. The majority of the folks at HHN will be people who “get it” and less of the “casuals” we’ve become accustomed to. I’ve seen enough from Universal over the past month to trust them to do this right.

I’ve seen enough from Universal over the past month to trust them to do this right.
Agree with everything you posted. I haven't been since the shutdown - sounds like you have been more than once. How has everything been handled there? Is everyone complying with the rules? Are there ops people reminding the people who aren't complying? Have they done a good job configuring everything to maintain some semblance of social distancing? Just curious - I've heard next to nothing since the reopening (which I take as good news since we'd hear all about it if it wasn't), so interesting in getting your report on it. Thanks.

Ultimately it comes down to free will and choice and responsibility. No one is making you go. Going anywhere at any time, one accepts some level of risk.

If everyone is wearing a mask, that’s a good start (and surprising to me, the parks have managed to maintain full compliance.). There will be distancing measures in place, but at times, you will have to be a responsible adult and manage to keep distance

Obviously, there are some folks who have determined there are enough measures in place to mitigate the “risk” of going to a theme park. Universal has decided that they will accommodate these people. If you get sick from going to HHN, that’s a consequence of a choice you made.

I honestly think mountains are being made out of mole hills here. Capacity will be reduced through UO policy and by the nature of what’s happening in the world. The majority of the folks at HHN will be people who “get it” and less of the “casuals” we’ve become accustomed to. I’ve seen enough from Universal over the past month to trust them to do this right.

If you’ve been to the parks recently, you know better than I do with the recent measures. However HHN isn’t your typical crowd. And even if there’s a no alcohol policy, people will still show up liquored up and forget to follow guidance or not care.

It isn’t about personal choice because it effects other people who didn’t have a choice. If you go to HHN or work at HHN, contract COVID and pass it along to someone at a grocery store who only leaves the house to buy necessary supplies, it isn’t that persons choice you went to HHN.

Sorry to bring that up here, but the operational speculation of how HHN’s going to go this year makes it hard to avoid.

Reactions: Allison and Tbad556
If you’ve been to the parks recently, you know better than I do with the recent measures. However HHN isn’t your typical crowd. And even if there’s a no alcohol policy, people will still show up liquored up and forget to follow guidance or not care.

It isn’t about personal choice because it effects other people who didn’t have a choice. If you go to HHN or work at HHN, contract COVID and pass it along to someone at a grocery store who only leaves the house to buy necessary supplies, it isn’t that persons choice you went to HHN.

Sorry to bring that up here, but the operational speculation of how HHN’s going to go this year makes it hard to avoid.
They’ll more likely then not turn you away at the gate if you arrive intoxicated

To give a little extra queue space and spread this out, would they ever do something along the lines of moving the Old Parade Warehouse's Entrance to the Esoteric Gate and then move one of the Sprung entrance's back into KidZone?

Don’t quote that 3-4 houses as fact.
I wouldn't say I quoted it as fact, I said I'd hate to get into that situation, I was mostly hoping for someone who knew the even better than me to give me some insight as to how reasonable being concerned about it would be. Like I said, I have no frame of reference as to what it's actually gonna be like, but I have to make travel plans pretty soon if I want to go, so I wanted to know if my concerns were founded or not. Not trying to spread misinformation.

I wouldn't say I quoted it as fact, I said I'd hate to get into that situation, I was mostly hoping for someone who knew the even better than me to give me some insight as to how reasonable being concerned about it would be. Like I said, I have no frame of reference as to what it's actually gonna be like, but I have to make travel plans pretty soon if I want to go, so I wanted to know if my concerns were founded or not. Not trying to spread misinformation.

It’s complicated. There are people who show up and just do the houses they’re interested in and leave early. Some go S&S to close and hit some houses multiple times in one night. No matter how much Universal plans something might work we have to see how it works IRL before we can say. Maybe attendance is so low doing all the houses is an option. Maybe it hits capacity every day and just a few houses are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.