Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I just don’t see anything new after Jurassic till 2025 myself. Regardless of rumors.

Well that's a shame. Would be nice to have something new to look forward to. At least when the economy went down in 2008 they were already underway with WWHOP and had a giant attraction that's still paying off. It helped draw people back in when things were better. I'm hoping things will be better sooner rather than later and having a new Nintendo land to capitalize on the recovery would be great. Waiting to build until after things are better is the safer bet I guess but just means a longer wait. It's not my money so let me dream about having it sooner :tease:

Well that's a shame. Would be nice to have something new to look forward to. At least when the economy went down in 2008 they were already underway with WWHOP and had a giant attraction that's still paying off. It helped draw people back in when things were better. I'm hoping things will be better sooner rather than later and having a new Nintendo land to capitalize on the recovery would be great. Waiting to build until after things are better is the safer bet I guess but just means a longer wait. It's not my money so let me dream about having it sooner :tease:
You can look forward to having Horror Nights again and not having to stand on a damn physical distance dot everywhere you go.

Also, Islands will have the two best coasters in Orlando....that can hold me over for a bit

...There seems to be a lot of misplaced confidence in this thread.

This may be a good time to remind everyone on how insiders work. Insiders typically share information they hear from sources within the company. Good insiders typically manage how much information is shared to safeguard their sources (otherwise they don't stay insiders for long). There are many people on this board, including Mods, who have more inside knowledge than the average user. Pre-Covid, when an insider disclosed information, we knew there was always a chance of things changing (Ironically, Nintendo in KZ prior to EU is a great example). If we have learned anything from this situation is that information is changing faster than ever before. Beyond that, sources are at varying levels in the company. Which could explain why we are constantly hearing conflicting reports, even among our most trusted insiders. Even @Alicia, as reliable as her info has been these past few years, makes a huge point to temper expectations and clarify that things are ever changing. This all makes it incredibly naive to pass on on insider's information as a fact (let alone your own fact, but I digress).

Soapbox over. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

...There seems to be a lot of misplaced confidence in this thread.

This may be a good time to remind everyone on how insiders work. Insiders typically share information they hear from sources within the company. Good insiders typically manage how much information is shared to safeguard their sources (otherwise they don't stay insiders for long). There are many people on this board, including Mods, who have more inside knowledge than the average user. Pre-Covid, when an insider disclosed information, we knew there was always a chance of things changing (Ironically, Nintendo in KZ prior to EU is a great example). If we have learned anything from this situation is that information is changing faster than ever before. Beyond that, sources are at varying levels in the company. Which could explain why we are constantly hearing conflicting reports, even among our most trusted insiders. Even @Alicia, as reliable as her info has been these past few years, makes a huge point to temper expectations and clarify that things are ever changing. This all makes it incredibly naive to pass on on insider's information as a fact (let alone your own fact, but I digress).

Soapbox over. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
Like every industry—like most individuals—we’re all taking this crisis one day at a time. There’s a lot of possibilities to what will come next. Let’s hope the future is bright soon, for all our sakes.

I think we’re running into a strange confluence of rumor, logic, and desire. And, to a degree, they’re not necessarily jiving with each other whereas they typically do.

Based on logic and desire, it makes sense for the EU projects (and especially SNW) to just move back to the current parks. That way we get them all sooner. The rumor however, is that they’re standing pat.

That rumor makes sense logically too, as EU will serve as a great draw once as we end the recovery. That means we have to wait longer though, which isn’t really something any of us actually want.

In the void of information and movement, that conflict is going to gnaw.

Last edited:
I think what we’re running to a strange confluence of rumor, logic, and desire. And, to a degree, they’re not necessarily jiving with each other whereas they typically do.

Based on logic and desire, it makes sense for the EU projects (and especially SNW) to just move back to the current parks. They way were get them all sooner. The rumor however, is that they’re standing pat.

That rumor makes sense logically too, as EU will serve as a great draw once as we end the recovery. That means we have to wait longer though, which isn’t really something any of us actually want.

In the void of information and movement, that conflict is going to gnaw.
It seems to me that, as of now, all big decisions are being put off until the end of the year. Other than additional cutbacks, I’m not expecting anything, not even rumors, for awhile.

It’s going to be hard to sit tight, and not help but wonder.

It seems to me that, as of now, all big decisions are being put off until the end of the year. Other than additional cutbacks, I’m not expecting anything, not even rumors, for awhile.

It’s going to be hard to sit tight, and not help but wonder.

I‘be kind of been taking a step back from here, anything blue sky thinking has become hostile.

There's not enough hard info on what the near future economic effects with covid are, for Comcast, or any company, to make major decisions at this point in time. Anything can happen within the next 12 months or so.
Bottom line is that no one knows. It's all speculation. Some stuff just has more merit, and possibilities, than other stuff. There should be no harm in speculating, since even the craziest ideas, within reason, might end up being what happens.
.....This is not like the old soda commercial, "The Pause that Refreshes'. It's more like the "Pause that drives everyone bananas" .....but since there's not really much to talk about, what's the harm.

One other point....and I've brought this up in the past when some of the people in the know were denigrating posters for coming up with ideas that there was no way in hell it was ever going to happen, or so they thought.
Ironically, it was this same IP, Nintendo. Early in the Kidzone replacement theories, a group of the younger posters on this site, when it was OU, suggested that Universal ought to get the rights to Nintendo.
They kept forwarding the idea, kind of like posters are doing now, with various Nintendo concepts. Well, a number of the veteran posters basically shut them down saying they were wasting everybody's time talking about something
that would never ever happen, namely Universal acquiring the rights to Nintendo....Well, we know what happened there, with a Mario ride and land soon to open in Japan, and elsewhere at some point in time......As long as a poster is being courteous, and well meaning, they should be allowed to bring forth their ideas in the appropriate threads.....This is a Forum, after all.

Fwiw, we never had a problem with any speculation. We never said to stop and I’ve even posted that my intention of sharing what I know was not meant to stop conversation. Unfortunately, our forums have been used as a source of info, right or wrong; so we have to remind the realities, including assumed ones. TBH Some of this push back comes from some of y’all’s own issues with Joe.

Fwiw, we never had a problem with any speculation. We never said to stop and I’ve even posted that my intention of sharing what I know was not meant to stop conversation. Unfortunately, our forums have been used as a source of info, right or wrong; so we have to remind the realities, including assumed ones. TBH Some of this push back comes from some of y’all’s own issues with Joe.

DON'T CRT FOR ME INSIDE UNIVERSAL, THE TRUTH IS I NEVER LEFT YOU (jk jk jk)

To add on to what Brian said, speculation is great, it gets troublesome once it starts to solidify as fact to support other speculation. I've fallen into this trap before and have made an ass of myself, see Jurassic Park coaster and @RollermanDan.

My goal is to keep discussion realistic and speculation grounded. When Universal is boarding up the windows for a storm it's pretty clear they're not going to move Berk to IOA on a whim nor fast track SNW to USF (let alone move it to USF). Things do change, which is when speculating of what could happen comes into play.

Also, I would like to apologize to @Cup_Of_Coffee. My terse reply from earlier in the thread was a reminder to everyone and was not directed at you, a lot of times I post on mobile devices when we don't have the luxury of a keyboard or time. I see how you saw it as targeting you and that was a mistake on my part. I am sorry.