Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 585 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting new rumors for both Zelda and Pokemon:

Crazy. That’s an idea I had for a class project in 2001. I designed a Grinch ride that combined a dark ride with a suspended ride. The suspended system “connected” to the roof of the vehicle second before plummeting off a mountain top. I should have patented it! :lol:

Really hope we get to see this become a reality some day!

Part of me just wishes they would pull the trigger and move forward with Pokemon and Zelda

But I understand that they are waiting to see how SNW pans out worldwide
I agree. But I think the notion that SNW was somehow reduced down from multiple properties undersells the degree to which separating the lands allows them to more accurately portray each individual property.

The Zelda boat ride, makes me..have a wondering thought.

What if UC has decided on Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass as the art style and tone of the Zelda oriented land? And that this is their answer to TDS's Sinbad?

The Zelda boat ride, makes me..have a wondering thought.

What if UC has decided on Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass as the art style and tone of the Zelda oriented land? And that this is their answer to TDS's Sinbad?
Wasn’t their original pitch to Nintendo more old school focused? Idk if that’s considered “old school” but I feel that’d line up with that theory.

Wasn’t their original pitch to Nintendo more old school focused? Idk if that’s considered “old school” but I feel that’d line up with that theory.

Was that before, or after SNW for Kidzone was finalized? If they were still working on Zelda and Pokemon before they got shelved; it'd definitely raise some questions.

That said, who's to say it wouldn't work? Out of any of the Zelda stories that could work without it feeling like Hogsmeade, it'd actually be with the content from Windwaker. It's different, from the rest of the series. In a way that could lend itself quite useful for UC. And as it is, plans evolve and change. I doubt it'll be anything like what was proposed back when they were pitching Nintendo at Universal, back in 2014-2015.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Was that before, or after SNW for Kidzone was finalized? If they were still working on Zelda and Pokemon before they got shelved; it'd definitely raise some questions.

That said, who's to say it wouldn't work? Out of any of the Zelda stories that could work without it feeling like Hogsmeade, it'd actually be with the content from Windwaker. It's different, from the rest of the series. In a way that could lend itself quite useful for UC. And as it is, plans evolve and change. I doubt it'll be anything like what was proposed back when they were pitching Nintendo at Universal, back in 2014-2015.
Oh I think it works great, I’m more wondering if that’s the time frame they were initially working with for most Nintendo properties

Oh I think it works great, I’m more wondering if that’s the time frame they were initially working with for most Nintendo properties
The pitch plans, (those leaked early concepts with more properties jammed in to one land) were definitely based around early versions of all of the games. Universal was probably thinking of it as "timeless," but if we go with what they actually ended up building, which is based more on the recent versions (ride based on Mario Kart 8 levels, land looking like Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong looking like Tropical Freeze,) it certainly seems like the folks at Nintendo are pushing for more recent releases as the inspirations.

Going with the “Windwaker” aesthetic versus “Breath of Wild” would do a lot to, both, align with the “cartoony” presentation of Mario and Pokémon (which creates a sense of unification across the Super Nintendo Worlds), and visually differentiates it from all other “sword and shield medieval” worlds.

Basically, if you want Zelda AND Lord of the Rings at a Universal resort, using Windwaker solves a lot of problems before they start.

There was semi-significant work done for Breath of the Wild-oriented Zelda stuff.
That doesn’t surprise me. That style is definitely more “timeless” than Windwaker. I’d just argue Windwaker provides some broader flexibility.
Breath of the Wild is easily the most well known Zelda artstyle right now, and will be used in three different games at least (most Zelda artstyles are used for a single game and that's it). It was always going to be used.
Sure, but Nintendo sure hasn’t shied away from more cartoony aesthetics for the franchise, especially for “portables” (Link’s Awakening redo as the most recent).

Just would like to reiterate: Still hope they do Zelda in EU, and would still hope UC reconsiders Lost Continent and thinks of a unique ride concept for the land.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I think the positive reaction to SNW pre official opening bodes hope for other areas.

I will say I prefer wind waker classic cartoon adventure concept to BOTW futuristic medieval concept...

However, I won’t be surprised if Nintendo pushes for Universal to capitalize on other IPs prior to Zelda. Part of the reason Mario can first was because originally was going to open at the same time as the Olympics and Super Mario Bros movie

One day I hope for Zelda and Pokemon...but we are so many years away. It all sounds wonderful but sadly because of Covid we are still another over 12 months away from Nintendoland opening in the states but would love a Pokemon Snap and Breathe of the Wild ride.