Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 784 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok coaster guys. What is the name for the first element after the first launch? It's not a true Immelmann. It's leaning and instead of cresting upside down, it is sideways. It's a "Leaning ImmelWave".
I'm gonna venture and say it's still an immelmann. What defines an Immelmann is the maneuvering, not so much the angle. I have seen other companies do a more angled immelmann on their inverts. . .
aaawera

maxresdefault.jpg

aafnlea

And have we discussed that the climb up the top hat goes past vertical? Have they done that before?
I think it's just the angle you're looking at it and how it looks with the track heartlining to keep lateral forces in check. On one plan it's curving and on the other, it's flattening. Once you see a train go up, it won't look like the train is curving at all, nor will the people on the train feel many lateral forces.

Here's a different view kinda illustrating it. . .
EfgW5CfWAAEbVMu

Last edited:
Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
I'm gonna venture and say it's still an immelmann. What defines an Immelmann is the maneuvering, not so much the angle. I have seen other companies do a more angled immelmann on their inverts. . .
What defines an Immelmann is a half loop followed by a half twist. When the element isn't designed to meet those parameters they call it something different. I think Junior Immelmann is probably the closest descriptor since the entrance is somewhere between a turn and a half loop, and the top overbanks but doesn't invert.

What's interesting is that RCDB says that a Junior Immelmann can be considered an inversion if the banking meets 180 degrees, but there are 6 Junior Immelmanns in existence and not a one inverts. I'd figure if the banking meets 180 degrees, just call it an Immelmann. Which goes to show how pointless these naming systems are. :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
The only rule about naming coaster elements is there are no rules, especially after Intamin and RMC started getting weird. Just let whatever the company that made it name it (if there is a name).
The very term Giga was coined by Cedar Fair and Immelman was originally introduced by B&M

So yeah, terms come from anywhere

Universal could literally call it a Raptor Dive if they wanted

What defines an Immelmann is a half loop followed by a half twist.
Which, by definition, is the maneuvering of the element, it does not have to be a true half loop. . .

But if we want to get technical, an Immelmann is exiting the element(in the opposite direction, while leveling out at the highest point. So, while this has more of a angled accent, I would (if I had to) define this as an Immelmann.

Kind of off topic from the Ospreys...

I know it's rumored that we are gonna be launched into the Raptor cage. My mind keeps thinking about those poor Raptors having to deal with a high speed rollercoaster launching all day every day into their habitat. Like what if they get struck by a moving car? What if guests end up dropping things into the habitat?

I can't imagine Claire Dearing and her Dinosaur Protection Group would be too fond of this attraction!

This whole situation reminds me of the gators on Montu...

Plus the fact that launching guests into a raptor cage sounds like a huge liability for Jurassic World. What if a guest somehow gets attacked?
-----
Please forgive my in universe rant(this pandemic has left me with too much time on my hands). These are the questions that keep me up at night :lol: I overthink everything

Kind of off topic from the Ospreys...

I know it's rumored that we are gonna be launched into the Raptor cage. My mind keeps thinking about those poor Raptors having to deal with a high speed rollercoaster launching all day every day into their habitat. Like what if they get struck by a moving car? What if guests end up dropping things into the habitat?

I can't imagine Claire Dearing and her Dinosaur Protection Group would be too fond of this attraction!

This whole situation reminds me of the gators on Montu...

Plus the fact that launching guests into a raptor cage sounds like a huge liability for Jurassic World. What if a guest somehow gets attacked?
-----
Please forgive my in universe rant(this pandemic has left me with too much time on my hands). These are the questions that keep me up at night :lol: I overthink everything
Not to worry about the raptors....

Status
Not open for further replies.