Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This ride was likely in the works at the same time Jersey Devil was. The only options at this point rather than just build it, would be to send it to another park or delay it a year or so.

Also, apparently Neal Thurman is the latest casualty of Corona Virus, or promoted?, as I've heard he is no longer PP of SFMM, which for me is horrible news.

Any evidence he was let go. Not anywhere on internet.

Updated:

Disregard, they are advertising the spot online. That's strange. https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/SIX...tunityId=297508da-2d82-4027-9f26-e932e45aea22

Any chance you can explain what you mean by "conflicted history"?
Rumor is he didn't like running the park since corporate demands never allowed for the wishes he wanted accomplished at the park. So the reason he took the spot initially (to fix things around in terms of infrastructure and balancing attractions) was basically a dead end and Neal couldn't work beyond what was allowed.

Reactions: Rideguy70
^ I heard very much the same. He didn't want to leave Texas to begin with, so they made him a bunch of promises that they didn't keep. I know a dream of his was a new state of the art entrance and plaza that was more open and spacious. It kept getting pushed back and back and was approved for St. Louis instead.

Then Covid happened, and I can't imagine what a nightmare 2020 has been.

^ I heard very much the same. He didn't want to leave Texas to begin with, so they made him a bunch of promises that they didn't keep. I know a dream of his was a new state of the art entrance and plaza that was more open and spacious. It kept getting pushed back and back and was approved for St. Louis instead.

Then Covid happened, and I can't imagine what a nightmare 2020 has been.
Yes, the entrance concept art was beyond beautiful too and very contemporary.

Reactions: Southerncoasterer
And he landed at Busch Gardens Tampa:

Our loss is Tampa's gain. I think however, people are going to be thrilled with who is being tapped to replace Thurman at SFMM. I won't reveal it because I'll feel like an idiot if it doesn't happen, but if it does, we're in good hands.

Reactions: Jamesames619
This is what i was expecting. Along with a fun house que theme it really is the perfect time to cash in on a Joker ride. After winning the academy award as well as the fact his presence is absent in DC universe. This ride will knock it out of the park for its 20th coaster. Fingers crossed it all goes through. Announcement day cannot come soon enough!! Good luck to all the other parks as well!

Our loss is Tampa's gain. I think however, people are going to be thrilled with who is being tapped to replace Thurman at SFMM. I won't reveal it because I'll feel like an idiot if it doesn't happen, but if it does, we're in good hands.
Based on Neal’s rumors for departure, doesn’t it not matter who’s president of SFMM since corporate makes most of the decisions?

Reactions: chris.g
Based on Neal’s rumors for departure, doesn’t it not matter who’s president of SFMM since corporate makes most of the decisions?

I mean--depends on the efforts of the certain individual that may or may not be added.

Nonetheless, if DC's The Joker is coming for 2021, then I'm guessing we'll get the new Park President announcement next week.

Because corporate doesn't make the day to day decisions that keep the park looking great, employees pumping out trains, bathrooms clean, food service efficient, rides safe...ect.

Corporate is more concerned with return on investment, while spending as little as they can get away with. They worry about corporate sponsorships, stocks and how much they can cut while still profiting.

It's in house management however...that determines how your visit goes. And that starts at the top. Take it from a former employee that has worked under good and very, very bad.

Last edited:
Well its the monday of announcement week for the chain. Let the countdown begin! In addition, I am wondering if they will reuse the Green Lantern themeing existing now for a future flat ride down the line. Id expect a future flat ride package later on if these DC universe is finally connected. Nonetheless very excited for anything regarding the 50th anniversary announcement.

Reactions: Scott W.
Well its the monday of announcement week for the chain. Let the countdown begin! In addition, I am wondering if they will reuse the Green Lantern themeing existing now for a future flat ride down the line. Id expect a future flat ride package later on if these DC universe is finally connected. Nonetheless very excited for anything regarding the 50th anniversary announcement.
The big announcement is that they are going to be open next year.

I love Joker...but man did I want an Aquaman Water Rollercoaster.

How extreme is the Joker ride suppose to be?

I wonder if the ride announcement leaks before it’s official (and I mean different from the designs that leaked a few months ago.