Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did both houses

Do not expect a traditional 'HHN' house experience. There are no transition curtains. Plexi glass is obvious in some spots. Ops will stop you periodically to distance with the party ahead (I don't hate it).

Overall, the two houses are still fun and worth your time to walk through. Ironically, this is a great way for people "too scared" to visit HHN to attempt a house for the first time.

I enjoyed walking through them quite a bit.

Are there separate threads to discuss house spoilers yet?

House reviews and spoilers should be here instead...

I was one of the very first people in line this morning. Got up at 5:00am to be in the parking garage at 7:15am. We were maybe six people from the front of the line but the people in front of us couldn't figure out how to hold their passes in a way the employee could scan them. Went straight to Bride but people in front of us were running and shoving ahead. Once we were in line and the virtual lines opened up and the app struggled and I could only get a spot in Brides again at 1:50. My partner couldn't get a spot at all.

(Will post a review of Brides in appropriate thread.)

Walked around and did the skeleton thing which was fun, got some food at Starbucks, then took a nap in Sting Alley. We went back to Bride and had to stand in the direct sun for 30 or so minutes and the heat was brutal.

(House review will go here in appropriate thread.)

The lines for food and drink were OUT OF CONTROL today. Totally unacceptable. Not enough staff, too many things closed. In my opinion Universal was not prepared for this many people but I got to go through Bride twice. Disappointed after I got home I saw the standby lines opened up but I have an annual pass and I can try again.

This seems to be all over the map. No idea what best strategy to apply for tomorrow to see both houses

This seems to be all over the map. No idea what best strategy to apply for tomorrow to see both houses

I mean, despite this morning's chaos, I'm seeing quite a few people tweeting that they went through houses 3-5 times each. It really seemed fairly easy to do both :shrug: I wouldn't overstress it.

Reactions: maroonmol and Rikku
After about 3pm, the two houses were just about a walk on. Just went to the front of line and 10 minutes to get in the house(and that was just how long the corral was.) Got there at rope drop in the morning was really not needed. BTW, I think Uni did a great job on keeping things safe. Was here in June and while they did a super job, this time very few people I saw carrying a glass so they could keep their mask off. Major difference from June.

I didn't plan on shooting stills today and came with the wrong lens and settings but here's some snaps to look at till I go back prepared.

I mean, despite this morning's chaos, I'm seeing quite a few people tweeting that they went through houses 3-5 times each. It really seemed fairly easy to do both :shrug: I wouldn't overstress it.

Like I posted previously, I'm bummed that I apparently left just before the lines opened up. Oh well, I will be back!!

Last edited by a moderator:
After about 3pm, the two houses were just about a walk on. Just went to the front of line and 10 minutes to get in the house(and that was just how long the corral was.) Got there at rope drop in the morning was really not needed. BTW, I think Uni did a great job on keeping things safe. Was here in June and while they did a super job, this time very few people I saw carrying a glass so they could keep their mask off. Major difference from June.
I guess this is what confuses me no issues really with getting VQ? But people are getting let in standby? But virtual only? Lol! Sorry just from out of town and only got tomorrow and dont wanna screw it up haha

It seems there was some issues with virtual around like 4pm or so where if you hadn’t screenshotted you couldn’t pull it up. I couldn’t see any of mine and no virtual showed up except Hagrids in the list. It seemed everyone had this issue as people were coming back around me with the same issue. I had my times for 6pm with a screenshot but I think maybe since the system went down people didn’t come back so maybe that’s why they did standby. It also was sprinkling so maybe it wasn’t as busy in the park?

Are the glow sticks helping the scare actors with their timing between pulsed parties?
It doesn’t seem they’re using glow sticks anymore today.

It seems there was some issues with virtual around like 4pm or so where if you hadn’t screenshotted you couldn’t pull it up. I couldn’t see any of mine and no virtual showed up except Hagrids in the list. It seemed everyone had this issue as people were coming back around me with the same issue. I had my times for 6pm with a screenshot but I think maybe since the system went down people didn’t come back so maybe that’s why they did standby. It also was sprinkling so maybe it wasn’t as busy in the park?

It doesn’t seem they’re using glow sticks anymore today.
They were using the glow wands to pulse people at 4 yesterday in TF, no sticks. Worked very well and I hope it continues

I hope they decide to keep it going for the rest of the season; I know it’s in discussion. It would be cool if they alternate houses throughout the week if they do add more, but as of right now, I can only hope. :( it sucks being an out of towner.

After hearing so much bad news in theme park and other industries, it's nice hearing this go moderately well today.

I hope this drums up enough business to sustain more jobs coming back, or at least stop the bleeding at the resort.

The skeleton bar as a concept sounds really fun to me and I hope I get to see it.