Let's play being head of Universal Creative... | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Let's play being head of Universal Creative...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ah. I never checked that franchise out, same with Dragon and Trolls.
I, HIGHLY recommend How To Train Your Dragon, it is such a feel good film it’s insane. Haven’t gotten to the other 2 but I’ve heard they’re just as good if not better. Serously, couldn’t recommend nearly enough. If you ever had a pet also, even more of a recommendation.

Kung Fu Panda has no reason to be as good as it is imo, if that makes sense. Seen them all, very cute story and again, heartfelt with more fun and goofiness than HTTYD.

Trolls, haven’t seen World Tour, but you get the gist from the trailers. If the trailers were fun to you then they’re an enjoyable 90 min but these feel much more kid focused. Probably why I enjoyed less, HTTYD and KFP have plenty for the adult crowd.

Allow me to indulge on a Wish List concept--if EU is being redesigned..

Universal's Lustrious Worlds - Pokemon, Universal Monsters, Lord of The Rings, DWA (Panda and Dragons, split half/half).

Now, for the simple things:
  • Universal Monsters and the Hub/Hotel stay the exact same. No changes made to it, outside of any cuts to reduce costs.
  • Pokemon replaces the SNW 1.0 plans.
Now then.

DreamWork's Animation
  • Dragon's and Panda would be split up into two mini--vertical based lands. One being Berk (Old Berk to make it work for verticality) and the other being Panda (Gongmen City).
  • Dragon's would include an indoor/outdoor family launch coaster that simulates the dragons ontop of the sprawling buildings in Berk, with each train designed as a Night Fury.
  • Panda would have a Motion based family dark ride based in Gongmen City, as Po and the Furious Five are trying to stop Lord Shen from conquering China. Similar to Rise of The Resistance, primarily screen and projection mapped based.
  • Both would have intricate Meet and Greets, with Dragon's having a mini show.
  • Would take the place of Potter for the sake of the two showbuildings.
Pokemon
  • Ryme City from Pokemon - Detective Pikachu (*Possible WB/Legendary involvement if they desire) as a base.
  • The E-Ticket would be an attraction starring Pikachu as the goal is to thwart Team Rocket's ambitions of taking over the world--with classic legendary Pokemon (possible integration of Detective Pikachu if WB/Legendary gets involved too).
  • Yoshi would be repurposed for the Park as a Pokemon Safari like family D-Ticket, with each ride vehicle looking exactly like the multi-use pods in the two games.
  • Pokemon would be -scattered- all around the area, similar to the mobs in SNW and the Pikmin. Flying Pokemon would be achieved via AR.
  • You can get your own starter Pokemon, and train it all around the majority of the park* (*excluding Lord of The Rings).
Lord of The Rings/Middle Earth

• Close collaboration with Weta, Peter Jackson, Warner Bros/New Line, and the Tolkien Estate.
  • Located entirely in the planned berk area, with it being a mixture of The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings.
  • One of the key attractions is a 360 degree dark ride going into the mines of Erebor, and escaping the fury of Smaug
  • The other, is an attraction that tells of events in Lord of The Rings.
  • Both would be separated by two distinct points. Laketown for Smaug, and Rivendell for Lord of The Rings.

^That would be an ideal setup if things get delayed long term, though I don't think I'd go with Rhyme City for Pokemon. I think something like Fuchsia City from Red/Blue would be idea. A more natural setting with the Safari Zone and Pokemon Zoo. Would be a more lush location, and more trees/water is always good.

For Dream Works, you could basically keep the existing FB/MOM layout and redo it. One indoor building for KFP, one for Dragons. You could even turn the theater into a rotating theater for different DreamWorks productions. Make the Paris streets into more of a cartoon main street featuring different properties and M&Gs.

^
I would do an entirely original environment that can do both--but if they're looking to minimalize development, then a pre-existing Pokemon environment helps reduce the cost. And to me..part of me would argue Rhyme City may be more beneficial, due to the prospect and the goals of the city--a celebration and embracement of humanity and pokemon co-existing. And that would allow them in a sense--to allow the Pokemon to act as they would.

That way, they can also rotate certain pokemon in and out of the area if they desired, such as when a mainline Pokemon game comes out and they want to advertise.

I really like the whole, Single IP immersive setting that EU was/is going for, like HTTYD for example. I hope no matter what happens, that stays.

I feel the solutions are “easy” for Universal if this is delayed long term, if 2030. I see Potter concepts moved to USF, Nintendo to USF, and *maybe* KFP or HTTYD to Islands. That would fill us for the 2020s for new attraction openings at UOR, along with maybe a JWRA re-do one day. Plenty of stuff.

If 2030 is a thing, dunno if it is and I praaayyyyy it’s not, I think Monsters stays. For the other 3 lands, you go with Pokemon and Zelda to double down on Nintendo openings, and Dreamworks can fill the other land. Plenty of time for a new IP to show of go with Trolls which is likely not going anywhere. Just my two cents, I think they have options and if LOTR is actually on the table then they have loads of options.

I really like the whole, Single IP immersive setting that EU was/is going for, like HTTYD for example. I hope no matter what happens, that stays.

I feel the solutions are “easy” for Universal if this is delayed long term, if 2030. I see Potter concepts moved to USF, Nintendo to USF, and *maybe* KFP or HTTYD to Islands. That would fill us for the 2020s for new attraction openings at UOR, along with maybe a JWRA re-do one day. Plenty of stuff.

If 2030 is a thing, dunno if it is and I praaayyyyy it’s not, I think Monsters stays. For the other 3 lands, you go with Pokemon and Zelda to double down on Nintendo openings, and Dreamworks can fill the other land. Plenty of time for a new IP to show of go with Trolls which is likely not going anywhere. Just my two cents, I think they have options and if LOTR is actually on the table then they have loads of options.
Personally, I hope 2030 can come. ;)

I wonder what WB’s feelings are on Scooby Doo, Oz, Casablanca (Rick’s Café in Port of Entry?), LotR, and what the extent of the contract is with Scooby currently. I just feel like if we’re going to sink money into Trolls as a land in EU, WB owns characters that are for sure more “evergreen” IMHO, at least in terms of surviving over the years.

I also find it interesting that Nick (Spongebob/Dora/...The Last Airbender...?) seems to be in a similar position. There has been in my corner of the internet an overwhelming resurgence of “Avatar: The Last Airbender”, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it maybe take Posideon’s spot, though Hyrule makes a lot of sense.

Also, would be sorta surprised if they do another Wizarding World area in a NEW park instead of in Fear Factor’s location.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
While it is an investment on their end, Im surprised after just how successful the WWoHP is that WB hasn't gotten closer with the Universal parks. Again, idk exact finances so harder to judge further than a fan perspective here but it does boggle my mind a little bit how they aren't clamoring for more work to be done with them. May not be that simple but I also can't imagine, again other than resourcing, that its super difficult! Scooby is a perfect theme park character its like, so frustrating haha. A Scooby Dark mystery ride writes itself.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
While it is an investment on their end, Im surprised after just how successful the WWoHP is that WB hasn't gotten closer with the Universal parks. Again, idk exact finances so harder to judge further than a fan perspective here but it does boggle my mind a little bit how they aren't clamoring for more work to be done with them. May not be that simple but I also can't imagine, again other than resourcing, that its super difficult! Scooby is a perfect theme park character its like, so frustrating haha. A Scooby Dark mystery ride writes itself.
To be fair, arguably the last time Scooby Doo was relevant enough to build attractions around was twenty years ago when the live action movie came out. Since then, the franchise has been kind of a popcorn fart, doing best when paired with more relevant IPs like the WWE crossover from ten years or so ago.

To be fair, arguably the last time Scooby Doo was relevant enough to build attractions around was twenty years ago when the live action movie came out. Since then, the franchise has been kind of a popcorn fart, doing best when paired with more relevant IPs like the WWE crossover from ten years or so ago.
Regardless of Scoobs, they got a catalog to work with that I’m just surprised hasn’t been I guess until now more so. Nothing is as big as Potter so not expecting those levels of investments but I feel in the US they’re missing out on more lucrative theme park options.

Very fair, but I don’t see what the difference is between that and building attractions based on other “non-active” IP. I think the FBs are farts personally, and have seen many a user say “but the atmosphere, a good ride can be built based on the tone”. I don’t see why this can’t be done with other stronger IP that WB has.

I also have to say, there are only so many robes and wands you can buy. I imagine people would pay bank for treats from the shire, lollipop guild lollipops, or even a true Shaggy burger (more iconic than a Dagwood/Blondie sandwich, I think). I just can’t imagine why WB wouldn’t want people to come home with MORE souvenirs and snacks.

Very fair, but I don’t see what the difference is between that and building attractions based on other “non-active” IP. I think the FBs are farts personally, and have seen many a user say “but the atmosphere, a good ride can be built based on the tone”. I don’t see why this can’t be done with other stronger IP that WB has.

I also have to say, there are only so many robes and wands you can buy. I imagine people would pay bank for treats from the shire, lollipop guild lollipops, or even a true Shaggy burger (more iconic than a Dagwood/Blondie sandwich, I think). I just can’t imagine why WB wouldn’t want people to come home with MORE souvenirs and snacks.
All those things WOULD be cool, but unless things have changed, "synergy" is still the kry word at Uni, and none of the WB franchises listed have anything new coming to synergize with.

1603983673603.png

Imma be doing a Legacy here~

• Sing ON TOUR would be an english version of the Osaka and probable Beijing show
  • Jason BOURNE Experience would be a motion-based dark ride similar to Spider-Man, Jurassic World, and Transformers

Reactions: Suchomimus
Alright, I got one: The location where Alexander proposed Sing would stay but get rid of the Jason Bourne ride. With SLoP on the upper lot and this proposed show, it is pretty complete and well rounded. Lower Lot I would add Bikini Bottom so that the upper lot has Illumination and the lower lot has Nintendo and Spongebob. Get rid of The Mummy and replace it with a mini hagrid's through the dark forest, or Space Fantasy the ride. This is rather messy but this entire thing would be around 350 million USD. 25 for Sing, 150 for Bikini Bottom, and the rest for Hagrid's? Idk how much rides cost.

The reason I placed Bourne--as more as a template IP than anything.

If I was in charge of the park's expansion planning, I'd replace Mummy with Jurassic World (make it completely a mini-land). Cut Transformers and Studio Deli for a SNW expansion (DK) for the Lower Lot, and have Animal Actors removed (with a new animal Care facility made somewhere around the studio backlot, like at the old Prop Depot spot) and Special Effects Show removed to combine for one large E-Ticket attraction.

Reactions: Suchomimus