Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 207 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Call me crazy, but this isn't on par with other years. They've messed with the fanbase in the past, but this is just a complete lack of care on display this year. I'm not upset that they didn't magically pull out more unleaked content at the last second disrupting their entire marketing plan. However, you can tease something that has already leaked without wasting fifteen hours of folks' time for something that literally couldn't be solved and led to nothing of value. Either give real clues, make the indecipherable tease much shorter, or just don't tease :shrug:

#soon

• Haha
Reactions: faceleg
Fair question. My perspective on the “disappointment” is this:

Marketing spent fifteen-ish hours of build-up, using teases and indecipherable script, to unveil a video that was leaked two days ago. Fans spent hours trying to decode something that had no solution to answer a question they already knew. No house was announced. No event specifics were given. It was a whole lot of build for, ostensibly, nothing. That applies even more when you consider most of the fans who cared enough to follow along with the teases don’t care about single-days. They want passes which still are not available.

From where I sit, that shows that Marketing continues to underestimate the passion of HHN’s most die-hard fans, or they’re cynically leveraging that passion to build engagement without substance. The whole thing, even knowing the whimper everything was building to, feels like a middle finger.

Maybe it’s because my perspective on HHN “teaser” marketing is different, but I think all that hours of build-up to no details is a garbage move. It’s literally the same thing they did with weeks of sign-ups to announce a sweepstakes.

This is fair. I have little reason to be cynical about the event, but the lead up via a YouTube livestream to an announcement that was not even played on that livestream felt… poorly planned at least.

Reactions: Rikku and Grabnar
That means their only option is to tease for 15 hours with clues, post in the chat that we need to solve the code, and then there's no real answer? They couldn't give solvable clues? Something worthwhile?
Oh I'm definitely not saying it was a great campaign or anything...streaming static for hours was probably one of their more stupid ideas

What are the rumors? I haven’t heard yet. Are you suggesting that FFP will not include Fridays and Saturday’s?

Word is a rather large price increase. Fridays and Saturdays have always been upgrades (no matter the nomenclature), so I wonder if some guests will forego those days to keep the price closer to what they are used to paying.

ETA: quote I heard was "stunningly expensive." Not sure if all multinight passes or just those with Express.

Last edited:
My $0.02 is that none of this will be remembered soon, let alone once the event starts. HHN27 had the sweepstakes announcement (which was WAY WAY "worse") and it's mostly forgotten now and the event is remembered for the original houses.
Cripes yeah. That was WAY worse. This was fun poked at marks. That was actual malice.

Word is a rather large price increase. Fridays and Saturdays have always been upgrades (no matter the nomenclature), so I wonder if some guests will forego those days to keep the price closer to what they are used to paying.

ETA: quote I heard was "stunningly expensive." Not sure if all multinight passes or just those with Express.

Stunningly expensive? As in maybe double the price? Or worse?
Back in 2019 the Ultimate FF went from $199 to $250 or so if I remember correctly.

Stunningly expensive? As in maybe double the price? Or worse?
Back in 2019 the Ultimate FF went from $199 to $250 or so if I remember correctly.
Eh…I think the person @SeventyOne and I were talking to was just guessing himself based upon the scuttlebutt of the day. I think @Joe has a better handle on this particular matter. It may be high to some, but it’ll still be a “deal” IMO.

I don’t recall what the original plan was with the countdown. Is there an abbreviated version so we don’t take up a ton of space talking about it? :lol:

HHN advertised a countdown for like two weeks featuring the HHN27 logo/treatment. People thought it was for an icon (Caretaker was planned), houses, theme, etc. Turns out once it was done it was a sweepstakes to win a long weekend at the event. It was... rough.

Eh…I think the person @SeventyOne and I were talking to was just guessing himself based upon the scuttlebutt of the day. I think @Joe has a better handle on this particular matter. It may be high to some, but it’ll still be a “deal” IMO.

Okay makes sense, I agree with it being a “deal”. Especially if you do the math to determine the retail price to go every night

HHN advertised a countdown for like two weeks featuring the HHN27 logo/treatment. People thought it was for an icon (Caretaker was planned), houses, theme, etc. Turns out once it was done it was a sweepstakes to win a long weekend at the event. It was... rough.

And to add a little more context - there was hardly any info released prior to, leaving fans starved for something.

And it's hilarious looking back at the Caretaker plans, because all the hinting and teases clearly pointed towards him.

Instead we got...BONE

Status
Not open for further replies.