Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is a bit insane to me, but different strokes. I don’t attend, so don’t feel a need to invest so much energy in it when I know there’s no pay-off.

But like I said, at least there are some surprises still in store.

Is the surprise the rumoured price hike for Frequent Fear? Haha

Reactions: Rikku
Here’s my little thought on something.. so under the jack page on the website you see the area where theres 4 more spaces for things coming soon. I have a feeling these spaces and the “jack being everywhere” is an anniversary moment or extra thing to the event. So the next 4 could be things like the rumored bill and Ted experience or meet and greet somewhere/ other characters or things to make the 30th special but don’t however tie to a scarezone or house. The event overall just being a big celebration, and jack isn’t the icon. Any thoughts

I mean, they gotta know that they could charge $300 for a FFP and people would pay it. The cult is bursting at the seams to get back into the fog.

So I've seen a lot of posts on the increase of ticket prices, and speculation on the increase of FFPs. I kind of just want to point out two things.
A), Universal has increased their base pay for all team members, and (while it was long overdue, and could still be higher) should be applauded for doing so. Therefore, one would expect to see an increase in prices for some things.
B), The mouse just charged suckers $200 for a single ticket to a very watered down Halloween event. And I do mean VERY watered down.

Here’s my little thought on something.. so under the jack page on the website you see the area where theres 4 more spaces for things coming soon. I have a feeling these spaces and the “jack being everywhere” is an anniversary moment or extra thing to the event. So the next 4 could be things like the rumored bill and Ted experience or meet and greet somewhere/ other characters or things to make the 30th special but don’t however tie to a scarezone or house. The event overall just being a big celebration, and jack isn’t the icon. Any thoughts

No clue what those tiles/spaces will be. They already said he'll be in a house, in a show, and then said there'd be "Jack Attacks" throughout the park. The house and show have their own place on the website. Then they also said they were having him at Cabana Bay.

So they've already said so many things and didn't use any of the tiles to be the Cabana Bay experience or the Jack Attacks, I don't know if there could be 4 more things with him that doesn't fit into these categories. Unless you want to have a Jack-themed mixed drink, a new HHN-only beer named after him, and then some food items, and maybe he's running the tribute store...or theme the whole store after him.

Being the 30th Anniversary I WISH they'd have another showcase upcharge with stuff from the history of the event. It would be great if they had a history of Jack exhibit, but that doesn't sound to be in the cards.

I’m glad you mentioned this! My thoughts on it is
-Jack will scare you where you least expect I think could be like the final scare of some houses kinda like right at the exit or something
And then I think the others will unlock will be
-Icons house
- Anniversary Zone
- Show
- and the last one I’m not to positive possibly the lagoon show as well but I’m leaning more toward a meet and greet somewhere (maybe dream works destination?) Cause with Jack being center of marketing I’m sure everybody will want a picture with him and having him in a zone seems like a selfie zone nightmare!

I mean, they gotta know that they could charge $300 for a FFP and people would pay it. The cult is bursting at the seams to get back into the fog.

I want to push back on this a bit. It annoys me with Disney and it annoys me here with people going “they can charge whatever!” They should not charge whatever they can get away with but most importantly they cannot for the future health of the event. Id make a case that the success of the event is both equal parts successful execution of IP houses AND the affordable nature of tickets and passes. I 100% do not believe the fandom, including those who purchase long weekend trips in UOR hotels and spend money on UOR food and beverage, wouldn’t be here now if they charged such prices.

My thoughts on the "huge" FFP price increase is this:

It's something people predict every year along with "they're going to get rid of it all together" and neither prediction is ever close to true, and I don't see it being true this year either.

But here’s the thing, some passes HAVE seen such an increase. Frequent Fear Plus w Express increases $40 and cut parking between 2018 to 2019.

Has anyone else noticed the website changed the shows to just 1 show now?? Is that how it always is even with the lagoon show??

I don't see a $40 increase for nearly every night at the event plus Express as something that takes the pass from affordable to "prohibitively expensive"

I mean if they do the same increase this year that’ll be around $520 plus tax. I think once this is all out the base passes will get a modest increase while the Express options really shoot up.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Regarding FFP… there’s heavy rumors that TMs won’t be getting any access besides their preview night this year… if that’s the case, do we still think they’d sell FFP? Cause most TMs would probably buy one.. would just be interesting to see UO sell multiple night passes and not be letting their TMs go at all. So over all question I guess is.. could one effect the other here?

• Haha
Reactions: snayberry
Regarding FFP… there’s heavy rumors that TMs won’t be getting any access besides their preview night this year… if that’s the case, do we still think they’d sell FFP? Cause most TMs would probably buy one.. would just be interesting to see UO sell multiple night passes and not be letting their TMs go at all. So over all question I guess is.. could one effect the other here?
They're going to sell multinight passes.

Is the surprise the rumoured price hike for Frequent Fear? Haha
Honestly, don’t know anything about it. I’m referring to stuff within the event itself.
@Legacy what are you hearing regarding the
Icon house? Like, does each room feel like the environment you would find that icon in or is it more lantern-y?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.