Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, that middle finger is one of the biggest laughs I've had all week. They honestly lost no goodwill over it, they could do the same thing every day and twice on Sunday, and every one of the marks, myself included, would sit there for it.
Which is a bit insane to me, but different strokes. I don’t attend, so don’t feel a need to invest so much energy in it when I know there’s no pay-off.

But like I said, at least there are some surprises still in store.

If you were like me and worried about some things not making sense like how Jack escaped the lantern this may put some things to rest!
It feels like the lore of HHN and the icons is so inconsistent that every year with them is like a comic book annual in that case. You shouldn’t be taking HHN lore seriously as is, so a year without cohesive lore probably won’t be too jarring for most people as most people don’t care.

From what I got this is just a “forget about the lore and just have fun with the past” kinda year

That's more or less by fine me (it was never especially consistent to begin with), but that does fly in the face of such a lore-heavy maze. FEAR felt like something the event's creative designers felt more or less ready to leave behind (and did in the last major anniversary), yet here he is framing the return of the icons.

So today went about as I expected, ultimately the most important thing for me is we're now in the period where announcements can happen. An I look forward to seeing what surprises may turn up!

Also, there's something that I think was glossed over in the chaos of discussing tickets/FFP's. From IU's post...

Universal is teasing that Jack’s return to Halloween Horror Nights 2021 will feature the clown “invading every corner of this year’s event with unsuspecting “Jack Attacks” that will send guests running for their lives; infiltrating every aspect of the event – from the streets to the haunted houses to the places guests would least expect”

So, are these "Jack Attacks" just some media buzzword? Or could we be getting some roaming hoards of him, possibly with some expanded boundaries like they did in 22? (Shops n' restaurants)

That's more or less by fine me (it was never especially consistent to begin with), but that does fly in the face of such a lore-heavy maze. FEAR felt like something the event's creative designers felt more or less ready to leave behind (and did in the last major anniversary), yet here he is framing the return of the icons.
Honestly I kinda got more excited that they admitted lore didn’t matter! It’s so inconsistent why bother

I guess two things can be true:
1) they are being loosey goosey with Jack’s return as icon of the event
2) the house is self-contained

I laughed out loud at the that quote from Aiello when I read it, however.

I think it's an interesting concept for a house for sure...I like the concept for FEAR and I wish more was done with his presence in anniversary years

I wonder if RoF will be the first three week or the first four weeks as the event is now a week longer

RoF included all the September dates in 2019, which was 17 nights. I'm hoping that it at least goes through the last full weekend of September (the 26th) this year. That would cover at least 16 nights.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
Status
Not open for further replies.