Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
I honestly think not having an "official" grand opening really hurt the ride. That was easy marketing right there.

i was originally thinking of voting 'success' only because personally i've had no problems with the ride other than waiting too long :)

but then i thought about it, and kinda changed my mind.
if i didn't have to opportunity to ride this as easily and lived farther away and had spent money to come here to florida and chose to go to universal and got there and rockit was closed i would be really irritated.
i'm not sure if it's considered 'officially open' or not, but if it's not then there shouldn't be billboards all over town advertising that it is, and it shouldn't say on universal's site that it's open.

also, it fails for not being open during HHN and taking some of those crowds away from the houses :)

so since i don't personally want to call it a fail because i like the ride, i'll go with too soon to tell.

Definitely too soon to tell. I'm sure it'll eventually be running regularly with the magic carpet loading station... and they'll fix the "bad" train(s)... eventually... but right now, definitely not a success...

With the 42 million dollars plus the major problems this coaster had to fix and all the ones it still has. Now the unhappyness Universal is facing with its purpose to bring in income with dvd and picture sales. All the surveys they have sent out on this and it can not even in when wind hits 30mph.

It should be in no question for a company to spend that much money on a theme park attraction and have anything less than a smash hit.

In terms of the public wanting to ride it, I think it's a success. Even down here in Miami, it's a hot topic amongst most. I can't say whether or not it lives up to the hype, as I've yet to ride it. But I'm sure the kinks will be worked out in time, as has happened with most rides in the past. So, I'm going to have to go with Too Soon to Tell on this one.

Since this thread has been revived with voting, why not ask the question again, Sucess or Failure? It has been about six months since the opening and I think it is no longer too soon to tell.

I think it is now a success due to the fact that everything is finally up and running. The banner is now up again with no issues, the moving platform is working and it now runs in the cold. While it should have all been ready at first, I think it is currently successful.

I look at the ride as a wonderful success for the parks. Why? It's doing its job. It's bringing in people until Potter opens at IOA, and is drawing more and more people to spend a little more money to buy a ticket to USF so that they can ride Rockit. Yes, the ride has had problems. Yes, people have claimed that the ride opened too early. Actually, it opened too late. Remember how Rockit was supposed to open in Spring of 2009? Yeah, that didn't happen. But it opened, and people have been braving lines of up to 2 and a half hours just to ride it. I've been on Rockit 9 times in the now 6 months that it has been operational. I have never come off of any coaster with as big of a smile as I did when I walked off of it for the first time last year. It's an excellent ride, and it's doing its job. This, my friends, is why I deem it successful.

I think it has turned out Ok, I think there are issues with large riders and the slow start issue hurt it, But with time it will all be a memory. It is a fun ride not a great coaster like Hulk and the dragons but a good 15 minute wait one.

I think it has turned out Ok, I think there are issues with large riders and the slow start issue hurt it, But with time it will all be a memory. It is a fun ride not a great coaster like Hulk and the dragons but a good 15 minute wait one.

There are always issues with larger riders on every coaster. And if there aren't issues with large riders, there's issues with small riders. I think it's an good coaster, but the experience makes it better. What puts it above Hulk, Dragons, Manta, and all other Orlando area coasters is the music aspect. It makes the ride so much more fun. I would wait 30 mins and under for it but only because I've already experienced it 11 times.

Umm. I've waited 90minutes+ for it nearly every time and I think its worth it every time. It's just such a fun ride and the music aspect takes it over the top.

Now that wait times seem to be under control (Mummy had a longer wait than Rockit today), it's going to be even better.

Is this ride really that Bad? I didnt get to ride when i went last summer...i will this summer though...What's so bad about it? And when are they gonna get all the trains on the track?

Is this ride really that Bad? I didnt get to ride when i went last summer...i will this summer though...What's so bad about it? And when are they gonna get all the trains on the track?

I do not feel it is a bad ride. I personally try to make it a point to ride it at least once a trip.

People originally disliked it due to the big opening delay. It went from Spring 2009 to then end of Summer 2009. Then, the ride ended up having many issues such as roughness, valleying, effects not working and not running every so often. However, the ride's effects have improved, it has not valleyed in quite some time(and never with someone on board) and the ride is not closing like it was once it opened.

As for the trains, I am not sure exactly when they will all be on the tracks. The employees are sending out cars at a much faster rate with the magic carpet. I think once the employees are fully ready, they will have all of the cars running and the Express Pass line open. Until then, just try and enjoy the ride for what it is. That's how I see it and I enjoy the ride.