Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
The line sucks lol. Same pre-board video for 30 minutes. I'd rather have the music video segment play in the part that we wait longest in but oh well.

I rode HRRR for the first time two weeks ago. I think it's a fun ride I just don't know why they put it in a movie studio park. The theme is really weak. And the music selection is out of date. The only nice thing that I can say about it is that it brings energy to the park. All of the attractions are inside so it's nice to see some movement and screaming in the park.

I rode HRRR for the first time two weeks ago. I think it's a fun ride I just don't know why they put it in a movie studio park. The theme is really weak. And the music selection is out of date. The only nice thing that I can say about it is that it brings energy to the park. All of the attractions are inside so it's nice to see some movement and screaming in the park.

It's something that USF has never had. A thrilling, outdoor attraction. Yes the song selection needs to be updated at some sort of standard rate. It does have a weak theme, but at least it made some sort of attempt at an original theme.

I have just one thing to say... Rockit's problems can't (repeat CAN'T) compare to Battlestar Galactica's problems. :lol: I mean, if you compare Rockit to BSG, you're probably asking "Hey, is Rockit REALLY a failure?" :lol:

Last edited:
If it weren't for the music, I probably wouldn't ride it. It's awesome to have your own soundtrack going on, but as far as thrills go, the ride is incredibly mild. I love when you can pick songs that sync completely to the ride. The chorus of Bring Me to Life came as soon as we went down the first drop, and it was pretty awesome. As far as roughness goes, I really can't remember having any bad experiences. The lines suck, even on single rider. But it's usually worth it.

I rode it for the first time in a few months yesterday, along with someone who has never ridden it before. I didn't tell her about any of the problems that the ride has experienced over the past year, and she absolutely loved it. We also were fortunate enough to get a smooth train, instead of a rough one. I guess our viewpoints on the ride might be a little more flawed (For lack of a better term) since we are aware of most the issues HRRR has had compared to the general public.

That said, it is still not running 100%. For a ride that is 2 months away from being a year in operation, that is uncalled for.

For whatever reason, while at USF, Rockit has pretty much fallen off my radar. I don't even seem to find it worth it to walk back there far enough to check the wait time.

Well guys I think both are great points, and any problem with a new ride like Forbidden Journey is constantly addressed as "This cannot be another Rockit" LMAO (sort of like how any political scandal is commonly referred to as Gate) I think that after almost a year it is finally past all of the broohaha. The last few times I've been it hasn't broken down, and had 5 trains running. As far as what Universal Studios wanted to accomplish with the ride I find it a complete success. Personally, the ride entails several great ride experiences and also makes a few points. Number one it has shock value. Towering above the Hulk, Dr. Dooms etc. is the Rockit, Coming from City Walk it is the first thing you notice. Next, the song you chose makes it an amazing and personalized experience. The ride itself is amazing IMO it feels much dif. than other roller coasters due to the special X car. From the start of the ride it is crazy come on the 90 degree lift is incredible. Also, from beginning to end it gives you a bunch of "airtime"/ zero g moments especially at every brake hill which I love. Remember guys, this is Universal Studios we're talking about, besides The Mummy they had NO roller coasters..Now, IMO they have one of the best coasters in Florda, if not the best. I have been on coasters all over the eastern seaboard and The Rockit experience ranks top 5-10 for sure. This is a bold statement but I stand by it The Xcar and the music makes it very unique. Lastly, with the addition of The Simpsons Rockit and WWOHP I'd say Uni has done a great job evening out the parks and completing the Universal Escape experience.

Even though we know the major problems, the last two trips I have taken to Universal both times Rockit has gone down. The first time (in April) it went down for an hour at about 9:05 AM. The secon (last Friday) it went down for about 10 minutes but was never running quite right. They had to run some trains empty and many of the seats were covered over. The interesting thing was after they made the announcement that they were having technical difficulties they never anounced that they were back to regular operations even after they started running trains with geusts.

I personally see it as a success as I love the airtime and floating feeling you get in the loop and a couple other parts, not to mention the vertical life hill. That reminds me of the old Tobaggan ride I used to kid at carnivals as a kid as it also had a straight-up lift. I like to listen to the Black Eyed Peas as Pump It goes very well with the ride, and the lights look so cool at night.

Unfortunately it's a fail for Universal. They never got to hype it with a proper grand opening due to the mess and it's been the source of so many guest complaints (examples: not running during HHN and the ongoing complaints about no Express, not to mention the frequent breakdowns).

I sigh when I think about what might have been if it has been designed by B & M.

I went on once back in December and twice in March, and I've never had a problem with the ride. Are these problems recent, or have they been going on since opening?

I went on once back in December and twice in March, and I've never had a problem with the ride. Are these problems recent, or have they been going on since opening?

Problems have been occurring with this ride ever since the construction process began. :lol: It's always had issues. I still think it is a success, however.

Probably just got lucky. Rockit has its share of good days but also has a bunch of bad days as well.

Wel when i rode it, it was really smooth every time i rode and i got alot of airtime anywhrere i sat but the only thing that i hate about rockit is that it breaks down 2 much and universal needs 2 get express pass 4 rockit so i dont have 2 waist half my day in the line.

im just happy they diddnt replace anything.the only problem is when it gets stuck, and i thing they should just close it down, and take their time to fix the ride