Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
I still say success. Even though it had some technical problems, it was still a really awesome roller coaster when working correctly. It will be working at 100% in some time... maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

To me its both.

Its a success as being able to have such a neat coaster with all of the elements never done before together in one. Its a fail mainly because of the lack of execution they have been able or I should say, not able to achieve.

Last edited:
What about, Rockit is a success for Universal and a failure for Maurer Sohne. The valleying is the manufacturer's fault, the rough trains are the manufacturer's fault, the stress cracking is the manufacturer's fault. The only thing that is somewhat Universal's fault is really running at full capacity, and really most of that was for reasons beyond Universal's control, like the conveyer belt not working but I guess mostly training staff to dispatch the next train once the previous train cleared the first brake run.

It's a success, because it is a very popular and fun ride (seriously, when I was there in January, USF felt empty other than Rockit). I still don't want to call it a failure (even after all this), but the breakdowns are a failure.

But I do agree with Kraken&Manta. The issues will most likely be resolved soon.

Last edited:
I like it, its fun, its got Beastie Boys, cause, Beastie Boys is awesome. I love thrill rides, it's cool! Its fun, Its just something to add to Universal, I don't think its a bad thing at all! Its a shame it was down during HHN, but I still think its fun!

Well, seeing that it has recently gone into the state of indefinite closure due to the state of the ride vehicles I'd have to say it's a FAILURE!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a little bit of both. It destroys tons of theming, has to constantly go down due to wind and other problems but it's also a super fun coaster that has a consistently long wait time. For theme park enthusiasts it may be considered a failure, but the general public seem to have labeled it a success. For me, It's a success and is still my personal favorite coaster out there.