Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to see it a a show

I personally would love it as well! The Boulet's are top-notch.

On another note, the only other popular horror-adjacent IP I can think of right now (that I haven't seen on the thread yet) is Scooby Doo. :ghost:

On another note, the only other popular horror-adjacent IP I can think of right now (that I haven't seen on the thread yet) is Scooby Doo. :ghost:

See, I’d also LOVE a Scooby Doo house if it was done right. If they leaned really hard into the creepiness of the Scooby Doo series, it’d make for a good house. I’d better get some Scooby Dum up in there too!

Was literally coming here to say Scooby. Think it would not go over well with most, but I would love it.

"Wow-wee! I can't wait for HHN 31 this year! What are they doing this year? Scream? Hellraiser? It? The Thing?"

"The headlining IPs are Billy Ellish, Five Nights at Freddy's, and Scooby Doo".

"............so, who's up for Howl-O-Scream?"

I'm not really planning on doing either right now, but it's fun to spec.

My guess would be Scooby Doo.

This is a broad (and generalization) statement, but I think it could lead speculation in the right direction. “OG” Horror Nights fans fit into the older, white male category. They were the ones who aggressively pushed back on the “Billie” house.

What is the demographic that Billie appeals most to? Teen & YA Women. A demographic that year over year is becoming stronger in its buying power (from a retail perspective).

This makes me ask the question, and I could be totally wrong — what are some IPs that would massively appeal to teen and young adult women, that would be disliked by an older male audience?

Using this question (and again a lot of generalizations being made here so don’t take it personal), I don’t think FNAF, Minecraft, or Rick & Morty fit, unless you count their viral sounds on TikTok as an overlap.

Someone way smarter than me will ultimately figure this out, but hopefully this speculation serves as a launching point.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I mean, not really.

I’ve thought up some more popular/known IPs that aren’t really “horror” but could support a HHN haunt that we haven’t actually speculated. The only reason why I’m playing is because I still don’t know what Rookie is talking about.

What We Do in the Shadows
Batman
Rick and Morty
Star Trek
Lord of the Rings
Marvel (Zombies)
Goosebumps
Yellowjackets
Shadow and Bone
The Green Knight
I grew up with Goosebumps and gosh it would be cool to get a house based on the T.V. series. Probably will never happen, its too kid-friendly.

Was literally coming here to say Scooby. Think it would not go over well with most, but I would love it.
if they do a scooby house and gave it the same love they did to universal classic monsters and gave all the monsters a makeover and made them genuinely scary it would be such a great house

Reactions: JMalez
So… I’m going to recommend we go at this with a bit of a different tactic.

What movie/TV shows would you NOT want to see feature at HHN as a house? It has to be something that can arguably fit, but you hate the fact that it’s there.

If this IP is going to be that divisive, then maybe we should approach it from the opposite direction.

So… I’m going to recommend we go at this with a bit of a different tactic.

What movie/TV shows would you NOT want to see feature at HHN as a house? It has to be something that can arguably fit, but you hate the fact that it’s there.

If this IP is going to be that divisive, then maybe we should approach it from the opposite direction.
Kinda a shot in the dark from me but it could be the show You on netflix. Its a super popular ip, netflix original so itd probably be easy to get, and its horror adjacent. I think it checks the boxes of something that theoretically could fit the event but not many people would really be super excited over.

Reactions: jansenhammond
Status
Not open for further replies.