Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So… I’m going to recommend we go at this with a bit of a different tactic.

What movie/TV shows would you NOT want to see feature at HHN as a house? It has to be something that can arguably fit, but you hate the fact that it’s there.

If this IP is going to be that divisive, then maybe we should approach it from the opposite direction.
  • Edward Scissorhands
  • What We Do In The Shadows
  • Robocop
  • Scary Movie
  • The Babysitter
  • The Shape of Water
  • Freaky
I think these IP's can translate into a haunted house, but I would hate to see them as one, and I'd consider these IP's to be "horror-adjacent".

Last edited:
Perhaps it’s a teen horror series like buffy the vampire slayer, teen wolf, or movie like twilight.
Would the mtv scream series work for everyone?

Reactions: Spooky Isle
Supernatural? I personally would love to see that, but definitely think it'd divisive. There's a prequel show coming out.
(Edit was the shrugging emoji coming up as a different emoji, so omitted altogether.)

Reactions: PumpkinHead66
4 hours ago Water tower music part of WB has posted the new riddler theme for the New Batman movie I think this is the IP that’s horror adjacent I could be wrong but the theme gives off a horror vibe.

Willie’s wonderland > FNaF

Couldn't agree more. But how about Slaughter Sinema Presents: Schitties Kids at Family Fun Farm. An original sequel at a knockoff animatronic filled Chuck E. Cheese with the parents fighting off animatronics come to life. Save some money on licensing fees and give everybody what they want, a second Slaughter Sinema.

Netflix’s Chilling Adventures of Sabrina…

I do think UO & HHN are missing an opportunity this year for marketing the most Halloween HHN with 31 by not going all in on classic horror and monsters. But hey, even I’m down for something more light hearted like Scooby Doo or Gremlins. Just wish it was for next year, 32.

Netflix’s Chilling Adventures of Sabrina…

I do think UO & HHN are missing an opportunity this year for marketing the most Halloween HHN with 31 by not going all in on classic horror and monsters. But hey, even I’m down for something more light hearted like Scooby Doo or Gremlins. Just wish it was for next year, 32.
Was gonna say this one too. Would love Sabrina, but others might say it’s not scary and a teen show.

For the polarizing one, I think it’s Crypt TV. Some people are going to love that it’s getting house love, others are going to hate that it’s back considering the “failure” of last year’s street. For the record, I imagine that the stationary nature of the characters would make for a really great house, which is why the street was particularly bad.

As for “Meta”, I think it’ll likely be something LIKE having Jurassic World Dominion at the event. While I haven’t seen the most recent ones (and imagine the actual theme park has been vacated/trashed/etc), maybe Jurassic World, or an in-universe haunt, is putting on a Horror Nights-style event, when all of a sudden the dinosaurs arrive and begin to kill patrons. They re-use some of the screens from the Jurassic World ride in California. On the map, they call the maze Jurassic World Domination: Extinction. In the “in-world” haunt of the maze they call the house “JW Domination”.

Or, like, an in-story haunted house in Carey, OH has been given the “Purge” treatment - like, each room is designed specifically to reflect an IP they don’t have but then they “purge” each of the rooms.

While Crypt TV would make sense, I don’t think it fits with the demographic being discussed. It’s a huge IP that would draw a similar crowd as the scrapped Billie Eilish house.

For the polarizing one, I think it’s Crypt TV. Some people are going to love that it’s getting house love, others are going to hate that it’s back considering the “failure” of last year’s street. For the record, I imagine that the stationary nature of the characters would make for a really great house, which is why the street was particularly bad.

As for “Meta”, I think it’ll likely be something LIKE having Jurassic World Dominion at the event. While I haven’t seen the most recent ones (and imagine the actual theme park has been vacated/trashed/etc), maybe Jurassic World, or an in-universe haunt, is putting on a Horror Nights-style event, when all of a sudden the dinosaurs arrive and begin to kill patrons. They re-use some of the screens from the Jurassic World ride in California. On the map, they call the maze Jurassic World Domination: Extinction. In the “in-world” haunt of the maze they call the house “JW Domination”.

Or, like, an in-story haunted house in Carey, OH has been given the “Purge” treatment - like, each room is designed specifically to reflect an IP they don’t have but then they “purge” each of the rooms.

On my personal spec map, I think it's Crypt TV - or a variation of it (Girl In The Woods). It's going to be polarizing AND it's meta - because it was already there. There have been some suspicious tweets about this as well.
And, I agree. It would be a much better house than a scare zone. Those characters are creepy.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Considering Netflix canceled Sabrina last year, and considering The CW (which airs the spiritual sister to Sabrina in Riverdale) is for sale at the moment, it would be incredibly odd from a business perspective for Universal to bother with those rights.
Forgot it got canceled.

Cloverfield franchise could fit perhaps? But probably not considered a big IP anymore.

Resident Evil if the divisive thing is zombies being back

Reactions: londonwerecat
I know there are umpteen reasons why it couldn't be this - but since we know it wasn't JK who killed the idea in the past, and we know that IOA had the halloween/dark arts night show, and the death eaters mini-show stuff, and it would be both incredibly meta and incredibly divisive - are we sure there's no opportunity for Potter here? It hasn't been speculated yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.