Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the need to ask why people who complain about all the walking want an 11th or even 12th house? That's just more walking. A lot more walking. Honestly a lot of people complaining about the walk to Bugs I genuinely think were complain because it was just more walking on top of the insanely long walks to and from the Parades which are arguably longer than Bugs.

Seriously I think some people forget that while Bugs had a long walk to the house, it had a short walk back to the park. Both Parades have a long walk to the house and a long walk back to the park.

More houses just sounds awful honestly. My feet hate me enough by the end of an HHN night as is.

Honestly, walking most likely wouldn't be an issue for an 11th house due to the most likely locations being the Minions Flex Space or MIB tent, both of which are more in the park proper and nowhere near the hikes that Bugs or the Parades have.

The real issue with any more houses is honestly staffing, and that's probably why we won't be seeing any additional houses for a while.

I feel the need to ask why people who complain about all the walking want an 11th or even 12th house? That's just more walking. A lot more walking. Honestly a lot of people complaining about the walk to Bugs I genuinely think were complain because it was just more walking on top of the insanely long walks to and from the Parades which are arguably longer than Bugs.

Seriously I think some people forget that while Bugs had a long walk to the house, it had a short walk back to the park. Both Parades have a long walk to the house and a long walk back to the park.

More houses just sounds awful honestly. My feet hate me enough by the end of an HHN night as is.

because it would eat crowds. it would spread the crowds more evenly

I am a big emo music fan but I don't see My Chemical Romance getting a house. Their imagery is not quite HHN horror. I could see them getting a creepy type zone with Welcome to the Black Parade. Their album Danger Days leans more horror in its post-apocalyptic theme but it also deals with gun violence which I feel Universal leans away from currently.

If Universal were to do a "emo" band house, I could see Fall Out Boy's "Young Blood Chronicles" It has typical horror imagery including quite a bit of gore.

I think Umbrella Academy would work very well if you include all 3 seasons. Lots of horror imagery.
"Emo" may have had a resurgence this past year but "emo", in my opinion, doesn't really equate horror.

while i love the black parade album, i dont think chemical romance is a super bowl kind of band either, its not like you ever hear chemical romance in any radio stations in orlando or anything lol.
and if we get technical, the band Ghost is still more relevant recently and it does play in the radio, but whatever band they pick has to be super bowl level big, very very big, (i dont even think that Nine inch nails is a superbowl type of band either, not have they done anything big recently)

Last edited:
I think it depends where A&D is heading and what concepts the market wants them to create. All the talks about 32 being a 19-esque year as a possible theme with Chucky coming back makes me wonder how they could pull it off by redoing it and making it different simultaneously. We already had Lights, Camera, Hackiton at 30, and it’d premature to bring that zone back again at least for now.
It’s important to remember that any talk about “what previous year 32 will be like” is entirely speculative. Very little hard information about next year has leaked out, and what is out is most about what WON’T be included than what will.
because it would eat crowds. it would spread the crowds more evenly
The math that fans forget when it comes to adding a house is that more houses = higher capacity for the park = more tickets they can sell. Sure, it could spread crowds but there will still be more people in the park.

Last edited:
Honestly, walking most likely wouldn't be an issue for an 11th house due to the most likely locations being the Minions Flex Space or MIB tent, both of which are more in the park proper and nowhere near the hikes that Bugs or the Parades have.

The real issue with any more houses is honestly staffing, and that's probably why we won't be seeing any additional houses for a while.
Plus - if the MIB tent was in use, the "Bugs" walk likely won't exist, and they'd just use the normal spot for that house portal.

I could see MIB tent coming back at some point, but not as a house. It could work as an Escape Room attraction or a temporary theme bar/eatery with exclusive food and drinks.

I hope we get Fast and Furious Queue back. It will likely return, but that location has great exciting potential.

For a first house, Blumhouse featured decent small sets, but it will be fascinating to see how the theme curtain areas in the future, like the transition to the tent. Assuming there will not always be a "double-feature/multi-story" house to put in there, the creativity will be awesome to see going forward with that venue.

Legacy confirmed what I fear with an 11th house. Universal just increases capacity and the house waits remain the same. Only you now have to walk more and have even less time to see everything.

I'm curious what the scare zone direction will be next year considering they were considered by many to be the highlight this year.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
It’s important to remember that any talk about “what previous year 32 will be like” is entirely speculative. Very little hard information about next year has leaked out, and what is out is most about what WON’T be included than what will.

The math that fans forget when it comes to adding a house is that more houses = higher capacity for the park = more tickets they can sell. Sure, it could spread crowds but there will still be more people in the park.

will the same happen with an extra show?

will the same happen with an extra show?
Technically, yes. Though the math is different because capacity fluctuates.

A house is like a ride.The queue and the attraction itself is available to pull people off the streets the entire time it’s available (open to close). Shows ebb and flow. The capacity increase it gives the park is only when the show is running (queue plus venue).

I know that Creepshow has been floated around over the last few years (and potentially even planned at one point… ?), as well as been done at Hollywood. Any chance that it finally comes this year?

I was wondering about Creepshow. It was a Hollywood exclusive before the event ended, and it’s still stuck as an exclusive after it was over. I know it’s a long shot, but Hostel is one of the IP’s I wanna see at Orlando the most, It would fit perfectly for either of the parade buildings like if you were actually in the hideout.

I saw this float around… and the actual dream that this would be. However replace thriller maybe with dawn fm (realistically) and the obvious bride of chucky with the now confirmed (chucky tv series). Could see Friday the thirteenth happen… but can also see exorcist. Beside that the originals and streets really hit it for me! E05FEC06-EF4D-4298-B29D-15145C9537D2.jpeg

Attachments

• 6F84422A-DA53-443B-BFFA-1C7511C67A5A.jpeg
    6F84422A-DA53-443B-BFFA-1C7511C67A5A.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 50
I saw this float around… and the actual dream that this would be. However replace thriller maybe with dawn fm (realistically) and the obvious bride of chucky with the now confirmed (chucky tv series). Could see Friday the thirteenth happen… but can also see exorcist. Beside that the originals and streets really hit it for me! View attachment 17932
That's a very interesting house line-up, but I just don't see it ever happening.

The prequel series, Crystal Lake, is allowed to use anything from the entire franchise, but I'm not sure how that would work when it comes to bringing that IP to HHN.

Reactions: Darko
I saw this float around… and the actual dream that this would be. However replace thriller maybe with dawn fm (realistically) and the obvious bride of chucky with the now confirmed (chucky tv series). Could see Friday the thirteenth happen… but can also see exorcist. Beside that the originals and streets really hit it for me! View attachment 17932

Battle of the Screen sounds like a lot what we’re leaning for the next Monsters house, but I don’t think it’ll a be Legends Collide style showdown. They just need to go all out for the silent era movies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Battle of the Screen sounds like a lot what we’re leaning for the next Monsters house, but I don’t think it’ll a Legends Collide style showdown. They just need to go all out for the silent era movies.
Phantom, Hunchback, Frankenstein, and Dracula are the Monsters that I believe are the possible picks for next year. Not all four in one house of course, but maybe two.

I'm excited to see where they go next with the Monsters.

That's a very interesting house line-up, but I just don't see it ever happening.

The prequel series, Crystal Lake, is allowed to use anything from the entire franchise, but I'm not sure how that would work when it comes to bringing that IP to HHN.

if friday the 13th is only based on the first movie, if it doesnt have adult jason, it could work maybe?
i have zero idea of the rights issue, but if they did faithfully based it on just the first movie, i wonder if it would be allowed (have all the actresses in the house be pamela)
im not saying it's great, but it might be available

if friday the 13th is only based on the first movie, if it doesnt have adult jason, it could work maybe?
i have zero idea of the rights issue, but if they did faithfully based it on just the first movie, i wonder if it would be allowed (have all the actresses in the house be pamela)
im not saying it's great, but it might be available
It's hard to see them doing any F13 house without Jason, as he would have to be the focal point of the marketing and driving people in. It's the same reason why Halloween 3 would be difficult for them to do.

I'm sold for Vamp 1922, I need another Vamp SZ

Reactions: Fear2010
Status
Not open for further replies.