Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can understand - Miller has the rights to the first Friday the 13th and all the characters/likenesses within.

Cunningham has the rights to Jason as we know him. I'm not sure if he actually owns the "Friday the 13th" name though.

So in that sense, I feel like getting a house may be much "easier" than we think. It might just need to be called "Crystal Lake: The Rise of Jason" or something

I thought Jason was given to Miller? ( Not adult but just the concept of Pamela's son and him as a character in general

It's funny if Cunningham owns Jason as we know him since Cunningham hates the hokey mask so much that's why Jason goes to hell is the way it is Lolol

A Addams Family house is a must that have some potential, but I don’t think they would go with this, since Netflix always asks them for a higher price deal a lot. That’s why Stranger Things didn’t came back again this year and I don’t think it will for 32. The ship has sailed.

THANK you for finally answering on why stranger things didn't come lol. Thank you :cheers:

Last edited:
I thought Jason was given to Miller? ( Not adult but just the concept of Pamela's son and him as a character in general

It's funny if Cunningham owns Jason as we know him since Cunningham hates the hokey mask so much that's why Jason goes to hell is the way it is Lolol
I think Miller can use the "idea" of Jason as far as being Pamela's son, but I don't think he has the rights to adult Jason.

It's all so hazy lol

I think Miller can use the "idea" of Jason as far as being Pamela's son, but I don't think he has the rights to adult Jason.

It's all so hazy lol

Because people bring up the question of " can Cunningham do another Jason x without the camp or anything on earth,
And people that read the case always reply :" no, Jason itself is millers creation regardless of age"

I don't know if they are right, but people keep replying that even to do Jason x ( Even the name itself of him itself) has to be approved by miller?
But Miller seems to be wanting to do projects like the show, so who knows

Because people bring up the question of " can Cunningham do another Jason x without the camp or anything on earth,
And people that read the case always reply :" no, Jason itself is millers creation regardless of age"

I don't know if they are right, but people keep replying that even to do Jason x ( Even the name itself of him itself) has to be approved by miller?
But Miller seems to be wanting to do projects like the show, so who knows
I might be crazy, but I read that Miller was the one that hated the hockey mask and what Jason eventually became. I guess I need to do more research.

You are the one with the Jason avatar here, after all lol

Reactions: Darko
I might be crazy, but I read that Miller was the one that hated the hockey mask and what Jason eventually became. I guess I need to do more research.

I believe you are correct from what I've read. Miller hated what Jason became as well as the hockey mask.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95

I believe you are correct from what I've read. Miller hated what Jason became as well as the hockey mask.

Sean Cunningham Viewed Friday the 13th as a way to make some quick money so he could produce more comedies. Had little interest in continuing the series with Jason as a main character. Hated Jason's hockey mask so much he requested that it get written out of Part 9 as soon as possible, which is why the body swapping concept dominates most of the movie.
(Adam Marcus, young director of part 9 states that it was Sean Cunningham's idea to "get rid of that darn mask: So I’ll put to all of you. I was 22 when I got that job. 22. He was 50 and he was Sean S Cunningham. So either he let a 22 year old tell him how to make a movie or he told me to get rid of the mask.

Victor Miller Who says he never wrote or intended Jason to be a killer. Only a victim in the original movie. The idea of Jason jumping out of the lake at the end wasn't even in his original script
miller hated jason in part 2 before the mask, he hated jason as the killer in part 2 before the mask existed (miller has said he dislikes horror if i remember)

Sean Cunningham Viewed Friday the 13th as a way to make some quick money so he could produce more comedies. Had little interest in continuing the series with Jason as a main character. Hated Jason's hockey mask so much he requested that it get written out of Part 9 as soon as possible, which is why the body swapping concept dominates most of the movie.
(Adam Marcus, young director of part 9 states that it was Sean Cunningham's idea to "get rid of that darn mask: So I’ll put to all of you. I was 22 when I got that job. 22. He was 50 and he was Sean S Cunningham. So either he let a 22 year old tell him how to make a movie or he told me to get rid of the mask.

Victor Miller Who says he never wrote or intended Jason to be a killer. Only a victim in the original movie. The idea of Jason jumping out of the lake at the end wasn't even in his original script
miller hated jason in part 2 before the mask, he hated jason as the killer in part 2 before the mask existed (miller has said he dislikes horror if i remember)
It sounds like neither of them really like Jason lol

Oh well, Miller is 82 and Cunningham is 80 - so neither of them will likely have the time to make too much more F13 content. Then we get ANOTHER rights war!

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet

I believe Cunningham made F13 as a way to capitalize on Halloween's popularity, right? Basically easy paycheck.

It sounds like neither of them really like Jason lol

Oh well, Miller is 82 and Cunningham is 80 - so neither of them will likely have the time to make too much more F13 content. Then we get ANOTHER rights war!
Tom Savini LOVES jason lol (hes the one that created and designed the look for kid jason ) and it looks like miller is open to any jason project now.
i think a HHN house is possible if its with Miller

I believe Cunningham made F13 as a way to capitalize on Halloween's popularity, right? Basically easy paycheck.
yes but also friday the 13th is extremely similar to an italian movie called A Bay of Blood, (mimicking similar scenes and kills), featuring a killer seen in POV stalking and killing young people in a wooded setting
it borrows heavily from A Bay of blood

Status
Not open for further replies.