Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 448 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The show will need to fit the lands storyline, I don’t know the story of the Beijing show directly but as long as it tie into the land and doesn’t feel like it should be in USF or IOA then I’m fine with that.

I hope the Dragons theater is themed. Would really hate for this to stick out like a sore thumb ala Poseidon's Fury lol.

(I say this as someone who doesn't care for sightlines, but it'd be nice if it was themed.)

I would think that Universal will make heavy use of well placed berms and heavy plantings in this park although Nintendo and Potter won't have much in the way of plantings.....Monsters and HTTYD should have some heavily planted areas.

If we're talking expansion, then I'm thinking that rumored LOTR area comes first. The companies involved would try to get it up ASAP. If LOTR is off the table, then I can see Zelda going in between Nintendo and Monsters.

I’m pretty sure there will be some surprises that insiders haven’t hinted at yet. We all know this park is shaping up to be really successful so that’s why I started talking about potential future projects.

Pokemon should go in IOA or USF. I wonder what type of ride they should do for HTTYD. There was a patent filed for what looks to be a flying simulator where you sit down like you were on a dragon. But what ride system should they use for a dark ride? Considering the theme I don't think they would use the SCOOP ride system.
I agree on putting Pokemon in IOA and USF - those parks are going to need a big draw after EU opens.

Normally I'd be disappointed with ANOTHER scoop vehicle ride system.....but this system is so dynamic and with a bit of plussing....should work very well in the Potterverse. On a side note....the scoop vehicle is the reason I love Transformers....that vehicle is so seamlessly programed with the screens and effects.....it's one of the most underrated rides IMO.

Normally I'd be disappointed with ANOTHER scoop vehicle ride system.....but this system is so dynamic and with a bit of plussing....should work very well in the Potterverse. On a side note....the scoop vehicle is the reason I love Transformers....that vehicle is so seamlessly programed with the screens and effects.....it's one of the most underrated rides IMO.
Transformers really nailed the feeling of driving FORWARD that we never get on Spider-Man. If you have ever get the chance to watch the Transformers vehicles in the couple scenes where it is supposed to be driving forward, it is impressive.

It lunges forward to simulate acceleration, and then wiggles its way sideways across a few feet of track so it is always moving, before turning around to the next scene. Compare that to Spider-Man where we're always essentially gliding left or right along those few feet of track. The lunge and wiggles sell it!

Normally I'd be disappointed with ANOTHER scoop vehicle ride system.....but this system is so dynamic and with a bit of plussing....should work very well in the Potterverse.

I don't know how much ability they have to do this, but I hope they can change the actual look of the vehicle somewhat. That would really help distinguish it from the two other Scoop rides at Universal Orlando.

it's one of the most underrated rides IMO.
big-lebowski.gif

I'd probably like Transformers if Spider-Man didn't exist. But it does!

The only thing I can think of for a ride vehicle in the Ministry are from the two court scenes (Goblet and Phoenix). Would have to modify the "benches". Sort of a hybrid between Forbidden Journey vehicle and the Scoop. Realizing the Elevator concept from Alicia's video. There will still need to be seats. Just have a hard time marrying an elevator with a scoop vehicle

potter 1.JPG
potter 2.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.