Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 446 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the expansion pads should be used for a Shrek land if Shrek 5 comes and makes enough money to get the franchise back on it's feet. There is a lot of potential for Shrek rides. But this land would have two main rides. A D ticket Midway Mania style ride and an E ticket. The E ticket should involve a Jack Horner level villain and you would team up with all sorts of fairy tale creatures and even versions of the current Disney princess line to stop them.

im fine with a FoP-alike ride where youre on your belly, actually suspended, sounds way better

To me, ride systems are all similar. Coasters are coasters, omnimovers are omnimovers, etc. So, I don't worry too much about how similar one ride is to another. The scenery would be different and the theme of the ride would also feel different. I'm not sure who made FoP (in-house Disney or which contractor) but using a different manufacturer's system like Dynamic Attractions or UNI Creative would also make it different. If the ride motion and film is done correctly, some people will still compare FoP to a TYD sim-ride but I think most people, particularly kids, would just enjoy it.

We tend to think that most people are huge fans but most people just want to go to a park and enjoy it. They might complain about the wait times or if there is a lack of things to do, places to eat, restroom cleanliness, or if someone runs over their foot with an electric scooter. However, they enjoy rides and experiences and I still think this would have been a great time to use that ride style. I have also learned to trust Universal on their ride development/implementation.

were these posted to themeparx? And yes they’re old, but I believe they’re mostly still accurate. That tall one is the facade for the Great Hall restaurant. First good look at the forced perspective on its roof.
Yeah, I saw them on themeparx. Unfortunately could not access the original site.

Yeah, the Great Hall facade promises to be eye catching. Hopefully utilizing lots of rock work and landscaping (dare I ask for a couple of waterfalls). Also hoping for the theorized animatronic dragons to be perched around the peak.
Don’t know if things changed but the latest version of the plans had a dragon in a window at the outdoor quick service and a two headed one sticking out in front of the boat ride and a swinging tail near the coaster entrance. I think the one on the right side of the Great Hall in this art may have moved to the quick service but I could be wrong.

I was just thinking about that one exec who said multiple DreamWorks and Illumination properties were coming to the new park and we thought they meant Epic but it was actually the Frisco park. heh.
Still applies to Epic if we’re counting Mario towards Illumination. I thought the Texas park looked like only Dreamworks anyways?

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
One thing I am thinking about is when they turn to the expansion pads to further build out EU is if one of the lands will get a trackless dark ride. Universal has been hesitant to do one for some reason and I think they could try again and most if not all major big budget theme park chains have them. Heck they could take the tired and true SCOOP ride vehicle from Transformers and the Ministry of Magic attraction and put it on a trackless ride base. Problem solved. There are a lot of Universal IP in my opinion that would benefit from using a trackless ride system like Shrek or the Classic Monsters.

One thing I am thinking about is when they turn to the expansion pads to further build out EU is if one of the lands will get a trackless dark ride. Universal has been hesitant to do one for some reason and I think they could try again and most if not all major big budget theme park chains have them. Heck they could take the tired and true SCOOP ride vehicle from Transformers and the Ministry of Magic attraction and put it on a trackless ride base. Problem solved. There are a lot of Universal IP in my opinion that would benefit from using a trackless ride system like Shrek or the Classic Monsters.

It'd probably go to Dragons or Ministry just for land balance but a trackless shooter dark ride themed to Van Helsing would be so sick.

I see them trying to keep the smaller, kids oriented park unique from the east and west coast parks. It looks to me like most of the stuff planned here is not currently represented (in a permanent way) in Orlando or California. It makes sense to try and make separate identities so they avoid confusion with people expecting to find ALL the things they know from the existing parks in a smaller park.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Universal name is in small print on this park, with a DreamWorks name as the real branding.

Never underestimate how stupid people are, and that if it has the Universal name people will expect Harry Potter and Super Nintendo instead of the animation brands.

I expect ideas to be re-used, not the IPs.

I don’t get the whole trackless craze, the effect of not knowing where you’re going is ruined because these things mark up the floor like crazy, and they require a large amount of empty floor space to do anything interesting, which a lot of the time leads to not as impressive sets. Rise is the only trackless ride I’ve experienced where the large open rooms fit the theme. I don’t think any of the lands at EU would benefit from a trackless vehicle ride over a different ride system.

What do you guys think ?

Phase 2 (Potential)
  • Creatures Boat Ride
  • FB Attraction
  • DK Playground Area
  • Pokémon Land
  • HTTD Major Dark Ride

I think all of that would be pretty aggressive (I'd love to see it, though), but hopefully between 1 - 3 additions along these lines could be added to EU by the end of the decade.

Creature would be my priority.

Reactions: OrlLover
Status
Not open for further replies.