Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 248 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Curious what people's thoughts are on the paintings in Japan's Peach's Castle vs ours. Japan seems to have gone for a holographic(?) effect (not sure what the right word is) where you see different pictures depending at which angle you look at it from and ours uses digital screens that transition between the two images. I personally like ours more

Last edited:
Curious what people's thoughts are on the paintings in Japan's Peach's Castle vs ours. Japan seems to have gone for a holographic (not sure what the right word is) where you see different pictures depending at which angle you look at it from and ours uses digital screens that transition between the two images. I personally like ours more

On both of my visits, I was too excited to enter the land that I didn't give the paintings much attention. Just a quick glance. Is it like the parallax effect in the Bob-omb room? I believe Japan uses lenticular printing.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Yeah, people make way too big a deal about sightlines.

We are theme park fans (well some of us are). We pay a significant sum to attend these top tier theme parks, parks that are investing and attempting to be more and more immersive.

Don't those who cherish these parks the most, attend regularly, and are part of such fandoms have a right to point out when they fall short in areas?

I mean, I don't think people need to go crazy and on and on, but it's sort of what fandoms do for the properties / places they love? It comes with the territory.

Reactions: Jones14
We are theme park fans (well some of us are). We pay a significant sum to attend these top tier theme parks, parks that are investing and attempting to be more and more immersive.

Don't those who cherish these parks the most, attend regularly, and are part of such fandoms have a right to point out when they fall short in areas?

I mean, I don't think people need to go crazy and on and on, but it's sort of what fandoms do for the properties / places they love? It comes with the territory.

Reactions: imagineer89
The more I think about Toadstool Cafe's menu and how it's already off to a great start, the more I hope that they do eventually bring the Pizza Bowl and especially the Princess Peach cake. After looking at it, I do feel like it's the number one thing sorely missing, and I did my best to make that clear in the survey I took. Hope some more people who recently visited and also familiar with Japan's offerings did too.

I also think the Koopa Calzones should come too, I just wonder if they'll change the ingredients because of regional differences or have them coexist.

I just have some hope that we might have the power to make that come with survey input. Fingers crossed.
The lines are biggest issue

I was standing at the entrance for a while the other day, half the people walking in then walked out. The line isn't even that long but its sloooooooow and people seem to know that

I really don't understand why they can't just make you wait in line and take your order as you wait, then get you to a table or let people mobile order. I have no clue why this line takes so long but the Potter restaurant gets long lines but it moves

Have you been to the land yet?

Second when did the slight lines hurt your day?

I get being upset by the size of the land...but the sight lines? I guess Jurassic World is a trash ride..you can see into Nintendoland, is the new FF coaster going to be trash because you can see other lands? Same with the little potter coaster?
You can See Space mountain from Space, I'm just pointing out it happens and the sight lines are at the bottom of the list on issues with the land. But your free to dislike them and if it really ruins the land for you....ohh well, more for me

The lines are biggest issue

I was standing at the entrance for a while the other day, half the people walking in then walked out. The line isn't even that long but its sloooooooow and people seem to know that

I really don't understand why they can't just make you wait in line and take your order as you wait, then get you to a table or let people mobile order. I have no clue why this line takes so long but the Potter restaurant gets long lines but it moves
Shoot, I didn't consider that. I must have gotten lucky during my time. There was certainly a wait but it didn't go to that extent when I went.

I think mobile ordering could be ideal, but has Universal done that before? I'm not sure. Though I could have sworn I heard something about return times being implemented for the café as well when I was skimming through feed that I previously muted.

Shoot, I didn't consider that. I must have gotten lucky during my time. There was certainly a wait but it didn't go to that extent when I went.

I think mobile ordering could be ideal, but has Universal done that before? I'm not sure. Though I could have sworn I heard something about return times being implemented for the café as well when I was skimming through feed that I previously muted.
What blows my mind is Six Flags....SIX FLAGS has it but not USH.

I don't know if they just haven't invested at all in that kinda tech out side of Virtual Q's but much prefer to be about to ride a ride and order.....vs waiting 30ish mins for theme park food.

I did notice as well, 1/4 to 1/3 the tables just empty when I have gone (besides the first day it was open) not sure if its a staffing issue combined with people that dont know what they want until they are ordering (by the way...sorry but your the worst when you dont have you CC and order ready to go, its been 15 mins+ be ready to go)

Have you been to the land yet?

Second when did the slight lines hurt your day?

I get being upset by the size of the land...but the sight lines? I guess Jurassic World is a trash ride..you can see into Nintendoland, is the new FF coaster going to be trash because you can see other lands? Same with the little potter coaster?
You can See Space mountain from Space, I'm just pointing out it happens and the sight lines are at the bottom of the list on issues with the land. But your free to dislike them and if it really ruins the land for you....ohh well, more for me

I haven't even stated that I find the sight lines to be an issue. I am just responding to the criticism that people take too much issue with it. Everyone in the fandom has their right to like or dislike, and point out what they like or dislike. That's the entire point of being in a fandom, being on message boards, and dedicating our time to theme parks and discussing them.

The only major criticism I have really levelled at the land is the panelling of the mountains.

I haven't even stated that I find the sight lines to be an issue. I am just responding to the criticism that people take too much issue with it. Everyone in the fandom has their right to like or dislike, and point out what they like or dislike. That's the entire point of being in a fandom, being on message boards, and dedicating our time to theme parks and discussing them.

The only major criticism I have really levelled at the land is the panelling of the mountains.
I mean its like saying, GOT is ruined when a coffee cup appears in an episode

They can be upset and make fun but the land is fun and if that is their biggest issue then cool, guess they don't like Disneyland, and any other parks with bad sightliines

I mean its like saying, GOT is ruined when a coffee cup appears in an episode

They can be upset and make fun but the land is fun and if that is their biggest issue then cool, guess they don't like Disneyland, and any other parks with bad sightliines

I think you are looking at this with too narrow a view.

Just because someone says "hey, that sightline sucks, or I don't like that thing" doesn't mean they HATE Universal, or HATE Disneyland.

There is a lot more nuance than you are allowing.

But this is now off topic so I leave it at this:

I personally do not mind. I think USH has done a brilliant job, and I cannot wait to experience the land.

I also think the panels suck.

Alright, I feel like I owe you an elaboration. Attention to sightlines *can* be great. What gets on my last nerve is when people demand it be the end all, be all--specifically, those who poo poo cool things that require breaking them. My main example, of course, is when these folks looked at the Dragons statues and dismissed them entirely on the basis of being "exposed steel coasters." Similarly, this crowd would lump a place like say Silver Dollar City in the same category as Six Flags.

I think the deal is too many people within theme park fandoms have complaints that are nitpicking and matter only to them as an individual, but express those complaints as if they are systemic failures/ineptitude on behalf of the parks. There’s a world of difference between not having a taste for something and being unfairly critical of something. And too often within these fan communities, people think being unfairly critical is what it means to be a “fan,” because it “matters more” to them or something, but that’s just entitlement, not fandom. And the parks shouldn’t be catering to people who feel entitled to their pet preferences.

When someone spends their time harping on trivial details that matter only to them, then it’s fair to assume that the only thing they’re a fan of is complaining.

Park hours are out :) Opening day open until 10pm. Can't wait!
Man, and gold APs like me are blacked out that day. Is it even worth buying a ticket if we'll be doing AP previews? My gut's also saying there absolutely will be crowds out of the sheer anticipation, unlike with Jurassic World where they did THs starting with the 4th of July and then declared the ride as open several days later.

Man, and gold APs like me are blacked out that day. Is it even worth buying a ticket if we'll be doing AP previews? My gut's also saying there absolutely will be crowds out of the sheer anticipation, unlike with Jurassic World where they did THs starting with the 4th of July and then declared the ride as open several days later.
Wait are there multiple Gold calendars? Because I’m only blacked out Saturday and Sunday. It will be a crowded mess I am sure so unless you’re willing to stand that I wouldn’t go