Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 246 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So It might depend on the TM working the Bowser Jr Challenge but ive seen them letting in grounds who have one person with a completed band bring in up to 3 guests and then yesterday I did the same we used one band and brought in two friends without bands and the other member of our party only had two keys. When we asked them they said during technical rehearsals only one member needed a band to enter the Boss Battle.

So now might be a good time to go and try out the Boss/Raid with you friends if they have a band and you dont

Also question how does trading bands to friends work? Say I get in line with a friend without a band but after I play the game can I hand mine to them if they waited in line? In Potterland its not like you can tell a family with one wand that only one kid can use the wand to make things move. So wanted to know if we had an official policy

Reactions: Clive
One person in that conversation is banned from these forums and has admitted to being insane. So.

well that’s a fun discovery haha. Had no idea.

But yeah, I really do dig the USH store. It’s very cute how they’ve changed it up.

Theme park Twitter took that Universal Core tweet about sightlnes and became even more annoying than the original tweet itself.
As someone who was upset over the tarps. I was wrong sure Mushrooms/bowser statues with sahde would be cooler but the tarps and sigh lines dont affect your enjoyment of the park.

Size is the only factor I think we can give them criticism for but besides the land looks and feels great. If it was bigger we'd just have more games, more room to walk, another ride thats a real complaint

99% percent of guests are too busy enjoying the land to give a crap about seeing a cane or ride in the distant and most phones can edit those out of pictures without much tech knowledge

Went the other day during previews, it’s really not that small. Also the AR works way better than I expected, I just think it distracts from that actual sets in the rides lol. You be looking at the racers more than anything else in my opinion.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Went the other day during previews, it’s really not that small. Also the AR works way better than I expected, I just think it distracts from that actual sets in the rides lol. You be looking at the racers more than anything else in my opinion.
do not watch a video of the Japanese version then, lol

I did that today and it’s pretty bad how much they made everything here tighter. They just have so much room to walk around, easily twice as many things moving because the Yoshi ride ave totally forget that the Yoshi Q has things you can touch with your power band

Glad you liked the size because literally it’s the biggest complaint from friends, most people I hear in/leaving the land and on the USH Facebook group

I also tell warn people about the size because most my friends go to theme parks and when I tell them it’s as small if not smaller then Adventureland at Disneyland it helps set expectations

I’ve been to both Universal Studios Hollywood and Japan’s SNW and while yes, Japan’s has more to do overall, I prefer the layout of Hollywood’s. Japan’s is very cramped and claustrophobic because of how much they have and the staircases take up quite a bit of room. Hollywood was smart to hide the staircases inside Mt. Beanpole. Hollywood’s has the feeling of more breathing room than the one in Japan even though in size it is slightly smaller.

I’ve taken a few people to SNW in Hollywood and I’ve not warned them that it’s smaller. I like to let people figure that out on their own. Why put stuff into peoples head prior. Let them go in blind and let them come to their own conclusions. And each person I’ve brought never said “it’s small or I wish it was bigger”. Obviously some will and that’s fine.

I'd argue Hollywood actually has more walking space despite it being smaller. It has a more sprawling layout, while Osaka is far more linear.
hopefully DK is as big as the art suggests

My friends just asked me why potter area is like three times the size. I told the reasons I’ve heard but when it’s super busy it will definitely be people’s biggest complaint

DK should double the size of the land when it opens, so all the complaints about the size will disappear. Assuming everything is intact from the other versions, it'll have the ride, three more mini-games (I hope these will count as keys), a snack stand, and a meet and greet area. Wasn't there a rumor that Hollywood's DK version would get an extra flat ride as well?

Reactions: Freak
Just a thought (sorry for the double post), but what if they relocate Thwomp Panel Panic to another section of the land and put the DK portal there? That way they could keep the emergency access road and entrance near Bowser Jr, and it's a lot more direct to walk through that way instead of going all the way around. It wouldn't be difficult to move the mini-game upstairs or to one of the Peaches Castle siderooms. It's only a screen.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Having visited twice now, I think it's totally fair to criticize the small acreage. Well, maybe not "criticize" seeing as Hollywood is the only Universal park that has to share land with a working film studio, which means we're always going to contend with space, so it's sorta unfair to criticize that reality. But the land is small. They did a lot to make up for that, but it's small nevertheless. That was my very first impression when I walked in for the first time.

And I mean, we always knew it'd be on the smaller side. So it's not like I was shocked. But that was my first impression walking in, and tbh, it's been my lasting impression both visits.

Do we think the smoke/mist effect below the Thwomp seen in USJ is cut, or just not turned on yet?

Also does the USH version have a Shy Guy like USJ? I haven't noticed? I like the Shy Guy figure at USJ.

Do we think the smoke/mist effect below the Thwomp seen in USJ is cut, or just not turned on yet?

Also does the USH version have a Shy Guy like USJ? I haven't noticed? I like the Shy Guy figure at USJ.
I think that mist effect is only for the Thwomp in Yoshi which is probably why it was cut. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong though. Shy Guy is unfortunately only present in the Binoculars

Reactions: BriefCasey
I think that mist effect is only for the Thwomp in Yoshi which is probably why it was cut. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong though. Shy Guy is unfortunately only present in the Binoculars

I believe it is in place for the mini game below the Thwomp in USJ: (timestamped)