Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 244 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At the preshow doors of the mario kart attraction - Ride is currently down
Already rode it so I’m good lol

Just chilling at Toadstool Cafe now. Went all out and got the burger, the Tarimasu block and the knots!

Btw I’m wearing a grey Cedar Point hoodie while wearing my Ghostbusters HHN lanyard if you want to say hi!

Just chilling at Toadstool Cafe now. Went all out and got the burger, the Tarimasu block and the knots!

Btw I’m wearing a grey Cedar Point hoodie while wearing my Ghostbusters HHN lanyard if you want to say hi!

I just got in line for Toadstool Cafe. I’ll look out for you if you’re still inside.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Just got home from it. Totally worth the over-priced Uber trip! Mario Kart was a blast, as was walking around the land itself. This’ll look SO cool in the dark, too! I hope everyone else who went earlier or is gonna get there today (or is still there!) is having an awesome time. Felt surreal walking in for the first time after watching it over the past several years go from dirt to steel to this!

How was the burger, btw? Is it unique from the other burgers in the park or kinda the same?

So did the survey after exiting the land

A few things when I was talking to the cast member that came up

1) the CM said that pass member discounts should work when the land is up (no clue if thats true or not but hope it is)
2) When i commented on the size of the land he made it sound like more is coming (DK but thats like years away right?)
3) Also when talking about passholder benefits he said that premium passholders will get access to front of the line pass after 3 pm just not for the first few months (but once again not sure if its true or not)
4) The cast member said the land holds about 4,000 people and thats Universal goal is to keep it at the or under
5) The cast memeber wrote down some of the issues I had, saying he will ask his bosses so he can see if he has better answers in the future when guests ask why Prium pass holders day one can't get a 3 pm Front of the line pass day one/when discounts are coming and etc

Also he thought I had a good point when I said because we have less games the lines for the games we do have could be longer then over in Japan....overall it was fun getting to talk to a CM who seemed willing at least to talk about the park more freely then other CM's who have surveyed me before

It does seem like they are taking the critiques of the lack of interactive elements compared to Japan seriously. Just something worth considering...
There is some stuff that should be pretty easy to implement. Putting the music blocks in the Frozen Glacier indoor section for example. There's just some random blocks there currently. The DK land should come with some other band challenges (increasing the minigame count from 4 to 7). Maybe add that powerup block game from the USJ underground section in one of the Peaches Castle siderooms?

I do think the music blocks will eventually come. I think the wall to the right of the land's exit pipe is prime real estate for it.

Edit: Like Clive mentioned the small room inside peach's castle would also be perfect for the music blocks.

I do think the music blocks will eventually come. I think the wall to the right of the land's exit pipe is prime real estate for it.

Edit: Like Clive mentioned the small room inside peach's castle would also be perfect for the music blocks.

The two rooms I mentioned (Peach's castle side wing and the upstairs glacier room) really do feel like placeholders for something else. Nothing in there isn't something you can't find somewhere else in the land aside from 8-bit light-up activations.

I also think they could eventually switch out the row of "?" blocks by the bathrooms for something else.

Just got home! I'll post a review of Mario Kart in the review thread, but the land was nothing short of spectacular! Work told me they don't need me until tomorrow so I spent the rest of the day absorbing what I could. Did the two games that were open but didn't get to do the Bowser Jr Challenge (Piranha game was closed). Here are some takeaways:

-Everyone was having a nuclear meltdown over the tarps but I thought they were fine. I joked that we would focus more on the block lines in the backdrop a few weeks ago, but ironically I found that to be far more annoying than the tarps. Like, they really can't do anything about it?

-It was a little annoying seeing the tall Comcast building loom over Mount Beanpole, but there's only so much you can do. Otherwise, the land was super immersive with everything towering above you.

-How do you get up to the binoculars? There seemed to be no way to get up there unless you have VIP for MK? I didn't see any other way up there unless the Mario Kart queue forced you that way.

-Still want my Koopa Calzones! Please!

-The queue area once you get inside Bowser's Castle was nowhere near as long as I expected. When I got home and watched Japan's POV for comparison, I noticed the queue had similar rooms, but they were patted with a lot more wide open rooms for overflow. Here they made the interior queue more lean and made the elements that would've been used for Yoshi's Adventure as part of the extended queue. Speaking of the overflow, I saw the screen in the screens in the stairway, but they were never used? Guess it was frozen during softs? But I prefer this queue setup over Japan's.

How was the burger, btw? Is it unique from the other burgers in the park or kinda the same?
At least for now, this burger was different! Probably the best burger in the park! It tasted like a higher-quality Burger King burger. It's not the greatest burger ever, but it was pretty good for theme park fare. Garlic knots were good and that tiramisu was delicious! They didn't have the short rib available so I may try that during previews. Hope the quality stays the same because it's probably my favorite eatery in the park outside of Jurassic Cafe!

Also the service was different from the other restaurants at the park. You make a reservation with your phone number, then they will text you when it's time to enter. Once your reservation is called, you go inside, wait in a short-ish line, then place your order. They give you a electronic device (Like the Habit if you've eaten there), and they assign you a table to sit at. They then bring your food to you when it's ready.

Just got home! I'll post a review of Mario Kart in the review thread, but the land was nothing short of spectacular! Work told me they don't need me until tomorrow so I spent the rest of the day absorbing what I could. Did the two games that were open but didn't get to do the Bowser Jr Challenge (Piranha game was closed). Here are some takeaways:

-Everyone was having a nuclear meltdown over the tarps but I thought they were fine. I joked that we would focus more on the block lines in the backdrop a few weeks ago, but ironically I found that to be far more annoying than the tarps. Like, they really can't do anything about it?

-It was a little annoying seeing the tall Comcast building loom over Mount Beanpole, but there's only so much you can do. Otherwise, the land was super immersive with everything towering above you.

-How do you get up to the binoculars? There seemed to be no way to get up there unless you have VIP for MK? I didn't see any other way up there unless the Mario Kart queue forced you that way.

-Still want my Koopa Calzones! Please!

-The queue area once you get inside Bowser's Castle was nowhere near as long as I expected. When I got home and watched Japan's POV for comparison, I noticed the queue had similar rooms, but they were patted with a lot more wide open rooms for overflow. Here they made the interior queue more lean and made the elements that would've been used for Yoshi's Adventure as part of the extended queue. Speaking of the overflow, I saw the screen in the screens in the stairway, but they were never used? Guess it was frozen during softs? But I prefer this queue setup over Japan's.

At least for now, this burger was different! Probably the best burger in the park! It tasted like a higher-quality Burger King burger. It's not the greatest burger ever, but it was pretty good for theme park fare. Garlic knots were good and that tiramisu was delicious! They didn't have the short rib available so I may try that during previews. Hope the quality stays the same because it's probably my favorite eatery in the park outside of Jurassic Cafe!

Also the service was different from the other restaurants at the park. You make a reservation with your phone number, then they will text you when it's time to enter. Once your reservation is called, you go inside, wait in a short-ish line, then place your order. They give you a electronic device (Like the Habit if you've eaten there), and they assign you a table to sit at. They then bring your food to you when it's ready.
Looks impressive even for being the scaled back version vs USJ and EU. Excited to see the quality and immersion aspects trickle down into future lands at USH.

I looked as carefully as I could but for some reason missed this! I guess I'll check it out next time I hit up AP previews.
I had to ask a few cast members how to get up to the second story, so it’s going to be a mystery to most people for now