Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea that too. Honestly not expecting anything till January 2024 about anything.
Got it, thank you! So mostly business as usual for the Universal marketing strategy. Sounds like we have a fun week ahead of us in about a year and a half lol

I was thinking if Donkey Kong gets announced for Hollywood in the near future, they could officially confirm SNW/DK for EU as well. But I guess not

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Well, How did they handle the opening of IOA?

Keep in mind the culture was far different in 99. The online theme park community was still nascent, and there was no social media so much less "FIRST!" culture and influencers.

That said, and I had just moved to the area and wasn't an AP yet, but I think they did a lot of soft opens. Which is easy, if you think about it, just divert guests headed into Studios with a chance to try something new. Not entirely sure how you do softs at EU, but I imagine something like an invite-only TM/AP preview might work.

Then again Hogsmeade did close to a month of softs, at least, I thought every AP who wanted to see it had at least twice, yet it still had 6-hour lines official opening day. In roughly that same time period, Aquatica opened after only a couple TM previews, and had lines back to the 528 all Summer long, sometimes closing for capacity before its officially announced opening time. So I'm not sure the IoA plan will work this time around.

Keep in mind the culture was far different in 99. The online theme park community was still nascent, and there was no social media so much less "FIRST!" culture and influencers.

That said, and I had just moved to the area and wasn't an AP yet, but I think they did a lot of soft opens. Which is easy, if you think about it, just divert guests headed into Studios with a chance to try something new. Not entirely sure how you do softs at EU, but I imagine something like an invite-only TM/AP preview might work.

Then again Hogsmeade did close to a month of softs, at least, I thought every AP who wanted to see it had at least twice, yet it still had 6-hour lines official opening day. In roughly that same time period, Aquatica opened after only a couple TM previews, and had lines back to the 528 all Summer long, sometimes closing for capacity before its officially announced opening time. So I'm not sure the IoA plan will work this time around.
There were nearly 3 months of softs for AP holders (I was one). Dudley's never soft opened during that period.

They definitely need at the very least a month of technical rehearsals with crowds. Passholders, Team Members, Comcast/NBC employees should be enough.

Part of me feels like they will also be bold and do something similar to Diagon with vacation packages featuring previews.
Vacation packages like that would be a great moneymaker for them.

They definitely need at the very least a month of technical rehearsals with crowds. Passholders, Team Members, Comcast/NBC employees should be enough.

Part of me feels like they will also be bold and do something similar to Diagon with vacation packages featuring previews.
At the very least, They cannot open this park the same way they opened Diagon, Volcano Bay, Hagrid's or to some extent SNW Hollywood. I really hope they learn from their mistakes and a withhold their buzzy new addition till its ready.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
At the very least, They cannot open this park the same way they opened Diagon, Volcano Bay, Hagrid's or to some extent SNW Hollywood. I really hope they learn from their mistakes and a withhold their buzzy new addition till its ready.

It's almost like Universal forgets about their past mistakes time and time again.

The way they handled Velocicoaster was excellent. (with the exception of releasing the reservation site before the official announcement)

@Alicia I know it was mentioned Ministry of magic in the Harry Potter land was originally going to be a trackless ride but Universal scrapped the concept because of technical issues they were having on their other attempts to develop trackless rides. Do you think it's possible Universal will try again with trackless rides at some point? I think Universal could make some cool trackless rides if they wanted to. I think a monsters trackless ride at USH would be really cool.

@Alicia I know it was mentioned Ministry of magic in the Harry Potter land was originally going to be a trackless ride but Universal scrapped the concept because of technical issues they were having on their other attempts to develop trackless rides. Do you think it's possible Universal will try again with trackless rides at some point? I think Universal could make some cool trackless rides if they wanted to. I think a monsters trackless ride at USH would be really cool.
I don’t know for sure why they scraped all their trackless rides at the same time, but I’ve always wondered if it had something to do with issues with Skull Island. And they may again someday, just don’t see any on the horizon currently.