Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm hoping (and assume) this trademark is more along the lines of their new resort-wide campaign slogan when Epic Universe opens and not a rebranding of the resort name. In other words no different than what the current "Let Your Whoa" slogan is.

"Experience our Epic Evolution with a brand new theme park featuring Mario Bros, spectacular new resort-hotels, and a new universe like no-other." With the tagline at the end, "Epic Universe, Epic Evolution: Only at Universal Orlando Resort."

If they end up trying to rebrand the resort Epic Evolution Resort that would be pretty hilarious (and calamitous) given the idiotic Universal Studios Escape debacle.

I'm actually starting to think this might be related to Jurassic World toys and not the park. Looks like at one point, Hollywood was running with the line "Come face-to-face with the Indominus rex in an epic evolution of Jurassic World - The Ride" after the 2.0 update of the ride. If not that's a funny coincidence

I'm actually starting to think this might be related to Jurassic World toys and not the park. Looks like at one point, Hollywood was running with the line "Come face-to-face with the Indominus rex in an epic evolution of Jurassic World - The Ride" after the 2.0 update of the ride. If not that's a funny coincidence
That seems more like a coincidence given the timing way after the Jurassic World ride reopening. That phrase was probably making its way through corporate e-mails for a while before they landed on it again for something else would be my guess.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Considering the mark uses list a bunch of toys and games, and mention nothing about theme parks, you are probably on the right track.

Speaking of marketing, I'm surprised Universal has never run an ad with "no reservations required" as a draw.
Disney would spin that right back on them like a Uno Reverse card. They truly believe park reservations are for the better enjoyment of guests, and their PR machine is so powerful it can distort reality to its whim!

Disney would spin that right back on them like a Uno Reverse card. They truly believe park reservations are for the better enjoyment of guests, and their PR machine is so powerful it can distort reality to its whim!

I don't know, I think the actual experiences of guests would override whatever Disney thinks guests think. Visitors don't like to be told that something they can see is a drag on their day is actually good for them.

Reactions: Killer Klown
Unless Universal is considering doing reservations.

The busier the parks get, the more plausible it becomes (and it'll become even busier with EU and the hotel room increase). EU will probably require them for the first few weeks of operations.

I was saying to myself "maybe reservations are a good thing" a lot during this past HHN lol

Reactions: SeventyOne