Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

People always say these empty theater spaces should be utilized but I never see any concrete ideas about what properties Uni should use.

It is incredibly tough for Universal to find something that can fit inside a stage show, but it's not impossible. In the short term, they have IPs they can utilize for a short-term show (Sing, DreamWorks, Beetlejuice, etc.)

I also don't expect all empty venues to be filled with shows. For IOA, Sinbad should be saved for whatever happens to Lost Continent, but Toon Lagoon could feature something. That side of the park needs something that doesn't involve getting wet or standing in line.

I'm sure Universal wished they had built a theater in Seuss Landing instead.

It is incredibly tough for Universal to find something that can fit inside a stage show, but it's not impossible. In the short term, they have IPs they can utilize for a short-term show (Sing, DreamWorks, Beetlejuice, etc.)

I also don't expect all empty venues to be filled with shows. For IOA, Sinbad should be saved for whatever happens to Lost Continent, but Toon Lagoon could feature something. That side of the park needs something that doesn't involve getting wet or standing in line.

I'm sure Universal wished they had built a theater in Seuss Landing instead.
I definitely agree with your thoughts regarding this topic. It seems they just have trouble finding the right IP for a successful stage show.

-Wild West Stunt Show
-Wipe Out show
-Back To The Future stage show
-Beetlejuice
-Sing

Countless ideas. People will watch any GOOD entertainment at a park, regardless of the IP (Water World, Bourne)
Back to the Future show in 2023 ???

Even Beetlejuice is pushing it as far as park goers nowadays.

-Wild West Stunt Show
-Wipe Out show
-Back To The Future stage show
-Beetlejuice
-Sing

Countless ideas. People will watch any GOOD entertainment at a park, regardless of the IP (Water World, Bourne)

Issue with BTTF the musical is the fact that Universal doesn't have production rights to it....its all Bob Gale.

You could fit a dark ride in many, if not all those spaces, so there’s plenty of ideas. They just do nothing with these spaces.
I've mentioned it on here a few times before, but the Fear Factor plot could easily fit something the size of Transformers.

If you include the MIB tent area, it could fit ET or Mummy.

They could put something pretty significant in this spot, lol

I've mentioned it on here a few times before, but the Fear Factor plot could easily fit something the size of Transformers.

If you include the MIB tent area, it could fit ET or Mummy.

They could put something pretty significant in this spot, lol
USF by 2030 could look verrryyyy different if they change Simpsons, F&F, and then this Fear Factor plot of land.

I had a dream the other night that they built the main London Library (I have no idea what it looks like, but in my dream it was fancy) where Fear factor is. They were having a J.R.R. Tolkien "exhibit". The exhibit had Tolkien's suits and stuff. They had a live short intro before a pre-show film talking about the creation of The Hobbit and thus middle earth. At the end of the 6 min. film, they said, "Now let's join Bilbo and the Dwarves on their adventure". The theater broke into 6 trackless vehicles, and we entered the screen into Mt. Doom and a RotR+ level dark ride followed.

I liked it.

I had a dream the other night that they built the main London Library (I have no idea what it looks like, but in my dream it was fancy) where Fear factor is. They were having a J.R.R. Tolkien "exhibit". The exhibit had Tolkien's suits and stuff. They had a live short intro before a pre-show film talking about the creation of The Hobbit and thus middle earth. At the end of the 6 min. film, they said, "Now let's join Bilbo and the Dwarves on their adventure". The theater broke into 6 trackless vehicles, and we entered the screen into Mt. Doom and a RotR+ level dark ride followed.

I liked it.
Please? OK

I liked it.
Everything in your dream is possible, except for trackless vehicles, after Universal Creative's bad experience with Kong.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Everything in your dream is possible, except for trackless vehicles, after Universal Creative's bad experience with Kong.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF
Too bad Kong has ruined us getting any trackless rides for a long time if at all. But if they were to try again with trackless tech, Couldn't they poach the people who built MMRR and Rise Rosch? Rosch trackless systems seem to have less problems than Kong's did a launch. That or either Disney does not let tech issues sour them on trying again with trackless tech.