(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That’s a weak straw man.

Was just in Disneyland seeing Fant! and WoC. I’m sure people left early but it was still PACKED when those shows ended right in those areas. Not a ton of people had up and left.

Also saw WaterWorld when it was about 60 degrees out. WaterWorld is a tad shorter coming in a bit over 20 mins I think, but again - packed theater and with the set up of the theater for that show, you’d notice if a large mass got up and left. It didn’t happen.

I’m sure the theater shows empty out a bit more but even still.
About 3 minutes into Wonderous? I wanted to literally be anywhere else, but I was stuck by the flagpole.

I know people who've walked out on these shows! I've seen them! In a world where there are ILL, LL, and dining reservations you can't wrap people up for an hour or more (show + wait + seating). And I LIKE these shows and enjoy long theatrical productions. But they just don't do well in theme parks anymore.
Who the hell is saying no one walks out? No one. The point is you’re completely ignoring the vast majority that stay by just focusing on the % that leave.

I know people who've walked out on these shows! I've seen them! In a world where there are ILL, LL, and dining reservations you can't wrap people up for an hour or more (show + wait + seating). And I LIKE these shows and enjoy long theatrical productions. But they just don't do well in theme parks anymore.
This reasoning makes sense, but as I mentioned before, there are different types of people with varying interests when visiting a park.

Now, unfortunately, parks aren't interested in these types of productions due to their cost, but the demand is still there.

Reactions: Mad Dog
This reasoning makes sense, but as I mentioned before, there are different types of people with varying interests when visiting a park.

Now, unfortunately, parks aren't interested in these types of productions due to their cost, but the demand is still there.
I think this is a good point that Uni and Disney don’t always see a lot of value of creating these shows. I definitely think those type of productions were more popular in the 90s.

YES. Watched 3 MK, and 2 Fantasmic night shows last week. Huge crowds, only a handful leaving early.

Yup. There is a "point of no return" right before the show ends where you either book it to the exit or get stuck in a queue for 2 hours.

Also, a good chunk of those leaving early are trying to exit before the masses.

The same amount of people who watch a MK firework show in one night, is probably the same amount of people who watched a Universal firework show in one month lol (I say this half-joking, but could be true at the same time?)

Yup. There is a "point of no return" right before the show ends where you either book it to the exit or get stuck in a queue for 2 hours.

The same amount of people who watch a MK firework show in one night, is probably the same amount of people who watched a Universal firework show in one month lol (I say this half-joking, but could be true at the same time?)
Ya this process describes every sporting event and concert I’ve been to. People hate being stuck leaving at the same time as everyone else. They are willing to miss an encore or remaining game time to avoid a parking nightmare.

Ya this process describes every sporting event and concert I’ve been to. People hate being stuck leaving at the same time as everyone else. They are willing to miss an encore or remaining game time to avoid a parking nightmare.

Ex: Game 6 of the Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs

Reactions: Nico
A good entertaining, continually sceduled,
well written show will get attendance. A crappy, corny, poorly written show won't get attendance. Raise your hands, Sindbad and Fear Factor.
Nightmare Fuel and Frozen: The Singalong Experience (whatever it's called) send their regards.

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
Before I go to a concert, I always look at the setlist from their last show to see what the final song will be. Always start heading out while they play it

About the fireworks part… it wouldn’t be far off. If they do a big show at UEU it should draw a much bigger crowd than USF does, but still not close to what MK or Epcot (or even what DHS does with two fantasmics)

Nightmare Fuel:love:
My sarcasm aside, one of the reasons I suspect HHN shows have been so well received (HNF, B&T, Jack) is that they don't have to be all things to all people. No worrying if it's too adult for the kids, or that the humor is too Americanized for an international audience. In a weird way, DCL shows are similar -- knowing your audience is 90% hard-core pixie dusters, you can cater to their tastes more directly.

My sarcasm aside, one of the reasons I suspect HHN shows have been so well received (HNF, B&T, Jack) is that they don't have to be all things to all people. No worrying if it's too adult for the kids, or that the humor is too Americanized for an international audience. In a weird way, DCL shows are similar -- knowing your audience is 90% hard-core pixie dusters, you can cater to their tastes more directly.
I love how edgy Nightmare Fuel thinks it is, so cute