Wishes replaced by 2013? | Inside Universal Forums

Wishes replaced by 2013?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 1, 2009
Orlando
I have heard that Wishes will by replaced by 2013. Some of the new effects they are wanting to use in a new fireworks show are already in place a bought with this year budget under current project The Magic, The Memories, and You. The rest of the new items needed will be placed in 2012 budget

If this is true what would you like to see?

Nothing! Wishes is one of the biggest reasons for coming to Magic Kingdom. Skip the rest, just come for a box of popcorn and a seat infront of the castle.
I really hope they aren't replacing Wishes. I literally said out loud, "Noooooooo!" when I saw the thread title!

I also would be sad to see Wishes go, I love that show. Instead of a replacement I would be more up for an update, with the new effects they're talking about integrated into the current show. But it will be interesting, if this does happen, what they come up with.

While I really like Wishes, I would love to see something new. Maybe not a whole new show, but some new stories and effects would really make the show more fresh.

integration of the tech from Magic Memories and You would be nice ;) you know it's looked at since DL and Hong kong have done it... better than the older projections..

I love Wishes, and the music along with the atmosphere make me feel like a little kid again, its great. It would be sad to see it go, but just like everything else at the MK, WDW thinks they need to modernize everything. But adding the new projection tech to the show would be the only change I would like.

I really don't get the love for Wishes. The music is overly sappy, and it only represents Fantasyland. we need something like Fantasy in the Sky back. Something that has music from the actual park.

I really don't get the love for Wishes. The music is overly sappy, and it only represents Fantasyland. we need something like Fantasy in the Sky back. Something that has music from the actual park.

The sappiness is what people enjoy, its great for little kids, and for adults cause it reminds them of their childhood.

Not sure what I think about this. I guess ten years is a good and long run for a fireworks show. It would be interesting to see what new concepts they could come up with.

I would love to get something like... Remember Dreams Come True. Though that's not likely :(

(it's half wishes... half old music from park history... Imagine mixing famous WDW music in a ultimate fireworks show! and not do it for just one night! (looks at EPIC Epcot25 TAG...)

I love Wishes, and the music along with the atmosphere make me feel like a little kid again, its great. It would be sad to see it go, but just like everything else at the MK, WDW thinks they need to modernize everything. But adding the new projection tech to the show would be the only change I would like.

Agreed, I really enjoy Wishes and the ode to Classic Disney. I think adding to Wishes would be my ideal plan.

There are plenty of exciting moments in Wishes! Especially the Night on Bald Mountain/Fantasia/Villain part.
The music alone is enough that if they were to just play that, and no fireworks... it'd still be one of the best shows at Disney. :lol:
But maybe that's just my opinion. If anything, I'd really hate to see them just cut Wishes all together. If they do add/modify it, I do hope they don't over do it.

integration of the tech from Magic Memories and You would be nice ;) you know it's looked at since DL and Hong kong have done it... better than the older projections..

I'm with you on that one. I couldn't believe how incredible it looked. Unreal.

I like Wishes but I'm not going to lie, I definitely preferred the Summer Nightastic fireworks. I'd miss Wishes, but as long as there's a suitable replacement, I'd be happy.

Love Wishes, but it's always fun to see something new. Nothing beats the huge gold fireworks in the sky at the end of Wishes that covers nearly the entire park. I loved Summer Nightastic with the perimeter fireworks! I'm always excited to see new things at Disney. Even if I'm a fan of a certain attraction Disney always tops it during an update or re model. :)