Wishes replaced by 2013? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Wishes replaced by 2013?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounds very exciting! Disney is always doing stuff to make it better for us, the guests. I guess that's why Disney is always cutting edge. I hope they use some of the technology for "Memories and you" as they create a new fireworks show.

When I first saw this thread I immediately said no, but now that I think about it some change would not be a bad think. Wishes is great and it has had a nice long run over at Magic Kingdom. I think something new would be great, and Disney always knows how to put on a great fireworks show.

I think we need a new nightly firework show similar to both Fantasy in the Sky and MMM. Wishes is great, don't get me wrong, but I think we are due for a new show with the MMY technology.

From the FB page of Steve Davison:

Wow! What a week. TGIF!!!

I hate to be a tease but I pitched two amazing new projects and we were given approval to move ahead! YEAH!!! Sorry I can't get into details yet, but some of you will be very, very happy!

Could one of the projects be the replacement for Wishes?

Given approval to move ahead, not green lit to come to the parks...Still have a ways to go... :mad:

I would hope they would pull more towards gutting Illuminations and starting from scratch rather than replacing Wishes. Epcot could add a world of color gimmick to the lake considering its around the "world" in a sense already. That and there would be plenty of room to do so even with boat traffic during the day.

Word has it that one of the new projects is a new day time parade for MK and that the other is some sort of revamped/new nighttime spectacular. Just some rumors and grumblings at this point. As hatetofly said, they are moving forward with these projects, they haven't been green lit yet. TDO has killed previous projects in the past. Rumor has it that they scrapped plans to bring a Dreams like show to MK.

What is so hard about creating a new show? I mean haven't they done Pirate & Princess fireworks, Summer Nighttastic fireworks, Hallowishes, and Holiday Wishes all in the same year? Does Disney really sit there and think that they have to do nothing? I can't even wrap my brain around it. lol

What is so hard about creating a new show? I mean haven't they done Pirate & Princess fireworks, Summer Nighttastic fireworks, Hallowishes, and Holiday Wishes all in the same year? Does Disney really sit there and think that they have to do nothing? I can't even wrap my brain around it. lol

Those shows they're building on a pre-existing platform. New shows they have a bit of foundation but not the same infrastructure to go off. It's like why Cinematic Spectacular took almost a year, where as a quick retooling of 360 would have just taken 2 months.

Those shows they're building on a pre-existing platform. New shows they, have a bit of foundation but not the same infrastructure to go off. It's like why Cinematic Spectacular took almost a year, where as a quick retooling of 360 would have just taken 2 months.

Exactly. If they were to put Dreams into MK, they would have to empty the moat around the castle, dig down into it, and figure out how the water would pump into it. They would also have to figure out how and where they are gonna place the fountains and projectors for the mist screens. It'll take a while to build a new show at MK if that is indeed what Davison is referring to.

Those shows are essentially the same thing with different tweaks to the Wishes show. A completely new show would probably feature new rigging, incorporate the castle projections, new platforms, synchronization, narration & musical score, and find a way to make it really different than Wishes. Not to mention, there technically is no "need" for a new show so Disney hasn't exactly been in a rush.

Those shows are essentially the same thing with different tweaks to the Wishes show. A completely new show would probably feature new rigging, incorporate the castle projections, new platforms, synchronization, narration & musical score, and find a way to make it really different than Wishes. Not to mention, there technically is no "need" for a new show so Disney hasn't exactly been in a rush.

That's what I'm interested in. What direction they'd take the new show. I think they'd have to use the projections since they've been so popular. But yeah, I think they could ride Wishes out a few more years. Honestly, Fantasmic and Illuminations are more stale to me at this point. The middle of Illuminations has become painful for me, and Fantasmic is just so sad compared to what could be there :lol:

Yes but from a marketing standpoint.. for the years where they're not opening new attractions (which, for the past two decades, has been most of them), wouldn't they want to at least have a decent fireworks show to push?

Yes but from a marketing standpoint.. for the years where they're not opening new attractions (which, for the past two decades, has been most of them), wouldn't they want to at least have a decent fireworks show to push?
Perfect way to market Epcot :p I hate to say it but one of my favorite fireworks shows ever (IllumiNations) has suddenly gotten very stale..shells don't synch with the music, the globe is hard to see, and the fountains are dull par-lit fountains..let's just say Wishes is the only show that holds WDW's firework/night show legacy in tact right now, and that is slowly growing old.

Wishes still is a great show, just dated. It always draws good crowds. Illuminations needs to go before Wishes.

Wishes still is a great show, just dated. It always draws good crowds. Illuminations needs to go before Wishes.

Eh. Both draw the same crowds, but Disney could roll out Mickey with sparklers in his hands and it would draw crowds. Both are basically a decade+ old. Both need to be replaced and Fantasmic needs a complete rework.