Wishes replaced by 2013? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Wishes replaced by 2013?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's closer to 10 than it is 5. That's time for replacement.:lol:

Plus...it sucks.:look:

Honestly, I don't mind the show. I really enjoyed it the first few years of it's run, but after you see it 364 times, it gets stale..:lol:

Either way, is it time for a replacement? Yes. Would it be a determent if it doesn't happen in a few years? No.

Honestly, I don't mind the show. I really enjoyed it the first few years of it's run, but after you see it 364 times, it gets stale..:lol:

Either way, is it time for a replacement? Yes. Would it be a determent if it doesn't happen in a few years? No.
It has a beautifully done storyline with dated effects and pyro synch issues..nothing bad, but it needs to go for something more high tech...Universal and Sea World both have very good night shows therefore Disney has to step it up or get left behind (boy this sounds like a broken record)

Totally agree. Plus they at least have the Memories show with the castle projection. That's something that's nice and new. The newest thing Illuminations has had was the lame 25th anniversary tag they threw together :lol:

It has a beautifully done storyline with dated effects and pyro synch issues..nothing bad, but it needs to go for something more high tech...Universal and Sea World both have very good night shows therefore Disney has to step it up or get left behind (boy this sounds like a broken record)

Oh, the tech is there (3D projection), it's just a matter of getting the ball rolling. But a new nighttime show is not a neccesity for the Kingdom at this time.

Oh, the tech is there (3D projection), it's just a matter of getting the ball rolling. But a new nighttime show is not a neccesity for the Kingdom at this time.
Oh I thought you were talking about IllumiNations for some reason..oops..speaking of the projection, I wouldn't mind seeing that implemented at Epcot..maybe each country has stuff projected on it or something...

As far as the pyrotechnics go, the shell size has gotten exponentially smaller since the show opened and was firing 12 inch shells. I was talking with a few of the pyrotechnics at Disney and they said because of the new expansion, Wishes has to/had to lower the size of it's largest shell from 8 inches down to 6 inches.

Maybe Disney does have something new in the works...