Ghostbusters | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No, it's not replacing the Caddy. This is:

Ecto-Tumbler1.jpg

I hate to sound like a geek, but that couldn't be replacing the old car. That car says it's Ecto-1A, which was what the car used in GB 2 was called.. So this would be the Ecto-1B or something, and that's only if you ignore all the other Ecto's from all the other things like comics and video games.

Woohoo, I want this to happen so bad

While Dan Aykroyd was quoted in February saying that Bill Murray would not be involved with Ghostbusters 3, Murray himself revealed earlier this month in an interview with WGN (via The Playlist) that it's still a "possibility."

While Murray quickly changes the subject and talks about Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom, he doesn't say outright that he won't do the third installment.

Aykroyd previously said that the film was in "suspended animation. The studio, the director Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis feel there must be a way to do it, but Bill Murray will not do the movie. He doesn't want to be involved."

You can check out the interview segment by clicking here.

Me thinks Murray is teasing everyone and WILL do the movie to appease the fans.

Bill does read scripts and does still act. Particularly Wes Anderson movies as of late.

He is just really particular about what movies he wants to do. Most people know believe that he just wants a better product and not something equal to or less than Ghostbusters 2.

Dan kind of loses me sometimes. I love the guy but he needs to remember the the Ghostbusters is a comedy movie with some elements of paranormal as a theme/Maguffin. Not a Paranormal movie with comedy elements.

^He's been in a few movies every now and again lately. For instance, later this year there's a movie coming out where he plays FDR called "Hyde Park on Hudson".

hyde-park-on-hudson-murray-fdr.jpg

bill_murray_hyde_park_a_l.jpg

Murray has earned the right to pick and chose his films. If GB3 is a good script, he'll do it. I prefer this route to the way Robin Williams chose to do his career.

If you're Bill Murray at his current age and you've basically done everything there is to do already, would you be more interested in playing FDR or playing Peter Venkman babysitting some younger characters? Be honest.

If you're Bill Murray at his current age and you've basically done everything there is to do already, would you be more interested in playing FDR or playing Peter Venkman babysitting some younger characters? Be honest.

Peter Venkman. Ghostbusters are awesome, dude.

If I'm Bill Murray, I'm realizing movies like Ghostbusters got me where I am today and I'm going to reward those loyal fans.

Reactions: batsmouth
I'm not a fan of revisiting old franchises with the original cast. Hollywood has been doing a lot of this recently but it usually doesn't work out. Didn't work for Indiana Jones. Didn't work for American Pie. Didn't work for Scream. Probably won't work for MIB, Anchor Man, or Beetlejuice either. I hope this does well, for what its worth. I liked the original GhostBusters, but the franchises ended on a sour note. GB2 was pretty bad. I hope the script is solid instead of relying on revisited gags or leaning to heavily on the nostalgic cast reunion to carry it. I'm actually more excited to see Slimer than the actual Busters, haha. I can see a script involving a GhostHunters type team provoking something ancient that the GBs have to reunite to stop.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I would LOVE it if they did a different take on the GB franchise similar to what you mention above. Maybe Ghostbusters have more work on their hands than ever due to bumbling Ghosthunters type shows and such (maybe even competing Ghostbuster type companies), and one such show/ company inadvertently brings something very big and very bad into this world, which leads to the GBs calling in back up by recruiting new members to the force.

If I'm Bill Murray, I'm realizing movies like Ghostbusters got me where I am today and I'm going to reward those loyal fans.

Gimme a break, Skip, he doesn't owe us squat and he is entitled to do whatever he likes. Those "loyal fans" would crucify all involved if GB3 turned into a huge flop, like Indy 4, and people would say stupid crap like "Bill Murray raped my childhood!"

Gimme a break, Skip, he doesn't owe us squat and he is entitled to do whatever he likes. Those "loyal fans" would crucify all involved if GB3 turned into a huge flop, like Indy 4, and people would say stupid crap like "Bill Murray raped my childhood!"

The side to this being that we'd get a new hilarious South Park episode dedicated to it.