Ghostbusters | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And it would appeal to all the people who keep clamoring for a GB3 even though maybe Murray just doesn't want do it because the script sucks.

I'd like to think he has sensible taste enough to dodge a bad script but let's not kid ourselves here.

garfield.jpg
garfield_a_tail_of_two_kitties.jpg

Annnddddddd here come the re-writes. Not specified who yet. But Dan says they're getting a new perspective because in order to do it "it has to be perfect".

Yup, lets just hope George Lucas isn't involved in the rewrites :lol: What the hell was the original script of Indiana Jones like!

It's offish, from ComingSoon

Is Ghostbusters 3 finally happening?
Yes, we've got a brilliant new writer on it and we'll be passing the torch on to a new generation. We're working on it to make it just right to satisfy our fans. I'm confident we'll be in production in the next year.

It's been a long process, hasn't it?
Aykroyd previously said that in the third film, "my character’s eyesight is shot, I got a bad knee, a bad hip—I can’t drive that caddy anymore or lift that Psychotron Accelerator anymore, it’s too heavy. We need young legs, new minds—new Ghostbusters; so I’m in essence passing the torch to the new regime, and you know what? That’s totally okay with me."

Is Bill Murray doing it?
No, I can tell you he won't be involved.

How do you feel about that?
It's sad but we're passing it on to a new generation. Ghostbusters 3 can be a successful movie without Bill. My preference would be to have him involved but at this point he doesn't seem to be coming and we have to move on. It's time to make the third one.

Yes, but now we've got the studio on side. We've tried a few concepts which weren't right but now we've got a good structure and will make it happen.

Well it seemed like the reason it was held off for so long was because Ramis and Akroyd wanted him in it, so at least they realized it was time to move on.

To be specific I read somewhere they want to be in production by Feb 2013

Last edited:
Well it seemed like the reason it was held off for so long was because Ramis and Akroyd wanted him in it, so at least they realized it was time to move on.

There was always a rights issue though because all the leads have to okay the greenlight. Unless Murray has given his blessing, they still can't do it as far as I know.

There was always a rights issue though because all the leads have to okay the greenlight. Unless Murray has given his blessing, they still can't do it as far as I know.

There is no such contract or ruling in regards to Ghostbusters 3 getting the go ahead. The problem is everyone wants Bill to be part of the project and so the studio(s) have been very reluctant to green light a third film, in many ways it is percieved that without Murray there is no Ghostbusters.

The recent news could be largly just "guff" with no real meaning or the next step in getting GB3 into theaters. By going ahead "without" Bill it sends the signals to him that hey you know what we don't need you we will take that chance without you. In turn this could lead to him having a change of heart etc.... before the whole thing is finished.

There is no such contract or ruling in regards to Ghostbusters 3 getting the go ahead. The problem is everyone wants Bill to be part of the project and so the studio(s) have been very reluctant to green light a third film, in many ways it is percieved that without Murray there is no Ghostbusters.

Yes, there is. Each of the four principles have a right to kill the project. Ivan Reitman secured that deal with Columbia (now Sony, obviously) decades ago.

Update:

On Monday, on Larry King Live, Dan Akyroyd talks about "Ghostbusters 3" and says that Bill Murray will not reprise his role but that there will be hole where he can be slid in if he wanted to join the movie.
Dan Akyroyd said that Bill Murray has no interest since he played the role twice now. But, that they are going to be looking for a whole new cast to play the Columbia students that will be the new Ghostbusters in the third movie.
He stated that he would return to his role and that Larry King would again be in the movie as himself and warning New York about what is happening.
Here is what Dan Akyroyd said about the plot of the movie:
“It's based on new research that's being done in particle physics by the young men and women at Columbia University.There's research being done that I can say that the world or the dimension that we live in, our four planes of existence, length, height, width and time, become threatened by some of the research that's being done. Ghostbusters — new Ghostbusters — have to come and solve the problem."
The casting is still being done and it appears that any rumors of the past about Murray's child in the movie being all grown up and being the new Ghostbusters is out.
Are you looking forward to the new movie?

I'm still kind of disappointed with the all female cast, with the director of bridesmaids taking the helm... It's like literally the last configuration for a reboot I'd expect or even take seriously as a concept. The script better be amazing... but from the apparent leaks... I'm not optimistic.