New Rumor: Shrek to Close/T2 Upgrade | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Rumor: Shrek to Close/T2 Upgrade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, I have no idea. Considering Shrek is yesterday's news for the most part, I'd assume they're looking to move on from it, possibly to a property they own.

As for what could replace it...I have no idea. The area is small, but they've proved with SS44/Transformers that won't stop them from going big.

We've only joked about it so far, but.........Hop: The Ride? :rofl:

I would love to see shrek go :thumbs:
but what we definitely need is more production theme attraction in that area. Even something like CinéMagique in Disneyland Paris would be awesome way to reuse the space and add something related to universal and its history, plus what better way to start your day at the studios with a view into its past films and future releases.

Cinematic Spectacular pretty much has that concept covered.

A Snow White and the Huntsman attraction :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Or a Jaws ride from the point of view of the shark :rofl: Sorry guys...I've had a rough day. One lf my friends told me to.kick rocks because I can't afford to attend the Halloweenie Roast concert this Friday :(

I can't wait for Battleship to replace Shrek!

Also nice to see T2 staying open longer; don't want that to close anytime soon.

There are a lot of possibilities with the Shrek building but it depends on what route their willing to take. Do they bulldoze or connect Lucy? Do they simply reuse the sound stage? Personally I would love to see Lucy removed and that entire corner redone to really make the entry pop. Gutting and remodeling the entry plaza, Lucy, Universal Store, Shrek, and the bakery would do wonders for overall initial guest reaction which is an area I think starts the park on a sour note.

I am not expecting another E-ticket any time soon with literally two under construction in the one park, one including an entire land redo/expansion in the coming years. I could see them gutting the dual preshow and theater idea to Expand the size of what ever theater base or other attraction goes into Shrek's location if and when the thing inside goes and the building itself stays. It is a very large building truthfully.

3 Etickets under construction by the way :lol: Plus we're yet to see the level of funding for the new Suess addition.

There are a lot of possibilities with the Shrek building but it depends on what route their willing to take. Do they bulldoze or connect Lucy? Do they simply reuse the sound stage? Personally I would love to see Lucy removed and that entire corner redone to really make the entry pop. Gutting and remodeling the entry plaza, Lucy, Universal Store, Shrek, and the bakery would do wonders for overall initial guest reaction which is an area I think starts the park on a sour note.

Yes! The entire entrance of Universal looks pretty crappy right now. Taking out Shrek and Lucy and redoing all that could really help the park.

Regardless of what happens, I hope Shrek is bulldozed and we get a new look in that area. A small attraction would be great.

That would be amazing! but, not really enough interest to keep it going all year. People would get tired of it, with the exception of a few people. Not sure how popular the one in California is but I've heard it may not work in Florida

That bakery needs something done to be a bit more noticed. I had been coming to the park for a good while before I first even noticed it was there.

After visiting the Hollywood version several times now, I can easily say I would not want a year round haunt here.

I think if you do anything to the Soundstage, it only makes sense to optimize the space and take out Lucy with it. If we were ever going to get a Monsters ride/museum, why not here?

It sucks. :lol:

Yeah. Haunts are meant to be seasonal. I wish more people would realize that whenever they want to get a year round haunt. There is a reason they don't last. Even the best designed haunt gets old after multiple times. They are like a great magic trick.

Rides often have more of a repeat value in the sense of their take on showmanship and thrill factor. Haunts rely too largely on suspense of the scare, which once that is gone, it is nothing.

Oddly, I feel like if "House of Horrors" was a physical ride (like a ghost train or spook house) with actual animatronics instead of actors and similar sets... people would dig it.