Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to have another size argument since TF pretty much proved it can be done, however I do agree that we should temper expectations. Remember, Hate's article is all information he's been told and is speculation until it is confirmed. Plans always change, and original plans can always be modified.

Bingo things can change very quickly! Although something interesting arrived in my mailbox today :thumbs:

Oh good lord, please no wooden roller coaster. :hail: Would definitely rather have the dark ride but if we are getting both, no complaining.

It's just so hard to keep these things smooth, people hate jarring rides! It really depends on the coaster though, the wooden coaster "Phoenix" at Knoebels is an awesome ride but on the other hand, the coaster "Twister" at the same park hurts like heck!

If true, this "Amber Mine Coaster" will have to have some impressive theming.

It will. To those who may not know, Disney considered a wooden coaster for DAK. Do a Google search for "Excavator Animal Kingdom." It certainly can be done in the Orlando theme parks; it just hasn't yet.

Oh good lord, please no wooden roller coaster. :hail: Would definitely rather have the dark ride but if we are getting both, no complaining.

It's just so hard to keep these things smooth, people hate jarring rides! It really depends on the coaster though, the wooden coaster "Phoenix" at Knoebels is an awesome ride but on the other hand, the coaster "Twister" at the same park hurts like heck!

Its only going to be a reasonably small coaster so it shouldn't suffer the issues the larger ones have.

GCCI and The Gravity Group are known for delivering smooth rides despite wooden tracks (especially GCCI). Although I don't like the steel support/wood track mix typically found on Gravity Group roller coasters, it could work in this case as mines usually have steel supports. Either way, Universal isn't going for the cheap thrill and they'll work hard with the designers to deliver a superior product.

I wonder if it will be along the lines of Coastersaurus at Legoland as far as intensity. Riders must be at least 36" and have an adult with them to ride. Seems like that's the demo Universal may be aiming for.

[video=youtube_share;qGm6-ZVUzmw]http://youtu.be/qGm6-ZVUzmw[/video]
i sure hope the amber mine ride is better than that.

It'll be better than that. The two won't even be similar, though the height requirement and thrill level would be comparable from what those in the know have let on.
Yeah your probably rite Universal usually never disappoints me so im looking forward to seeing how they theme it. And i love Jurassic Park River Adventure but im excited to see what they add and update because i think it needs maye a couple new surprises like the one in Hollywood Studios.

Hey Hatetofly and Disneyhead, are there any other details regarding unconfirmed Jurassic Park attractions/expansions that you can discuss or hint at here? Can't wait for this!

Last edited:
Hey Hatetofly and Disneyhead, are there any other details regarding unconfirmed Jurassic Park attractions/expansions that you can discuss or hint at here? I have been eagerly anticipating a new addition to the Jurassic Park area since IOA opened and these hints your giving out are making my excitement level rise tenfold! lol. :happy:

What you saw in the article is all that will be discussed. :thumbs:

Now all they have to do is use the expansion pad behind Thunder Falls for Helicoptours! :thumbs:

In all seriousness, I'm truly excited that this rumor seems to be becoming reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.