Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. That sounds like it would have been amazing. Do you see them ever revisiting the idea of replacing it again? And how do you feel about the idea of having a TRON type coaster/dark ride in the ball? Or making it a Star Wars type ride?

Never gonna happen, ever. The structural integrity of the geosphere would be at risk with the dismantling of the current ride and not to mention massively expensive and very very complicated. The two things WDI and TDO seem to be afraid of as of late.

I politely disagree. Not every attraction needs to be a 'thrill ride' (coasters, simulators, etc), but they all need to be thrilling (story, emotions, special effects).

I don't hate Spaceship Earth. It's just a one and done attraction for me. And I don't think every attraction needs to be a thrill ride I just thought it would have been really cool in something like the EPCOT ball. But it doesn't matter HTF said it isn't possible lol

- - - Updated - - -

Never gonna happen, ever. The structural integrity of the geosphere would be at risk with the dismantling of the current ride and not to mention massively expensive and very very complicated. The two things WDI and TDO seem to be afraid of as of late.

That sucks lol

- - - Updated - - -

Epcot is beautiful and original. It's not perfect at the moment, but it is one of the world's best theme parks.

I like some things there but its probably my least favorite park out of the four.

Epcot was (and probably still mostly is) the most original Disney Park in the US. It has lost it's way a bit, but it still has always revolved around the same idea, and I think the new tech festival coming early next year to Future World will hopefully help to tie Epcot back with futuristic technology. With all that said...

:focus:

Rides for the entire family mixed with some thrill rides are what makes Disney parks stand above the rest. My wife is currently 6 months pregnant. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and even Hollywood Studios have been great to visit during her pregnancy, Animal Kingdom and the Universal Parks not so much. Universal doesn't have one ride or 3D show safe for a pregnant woman to enjoy. I love Universal, but that is absolutely pathetic on their part.

Back on point....Spaceship Earth is great the way it is.....c:)

Well that's awesome advertisement for Disney. Go to Disney where the rides are so boring that a 6 month pregnant woman can ride them. On the other hand, don't go to Universal, the rides are too exciting and thrilling for pregnant women...... And Universal is the pathetic one?

Well that's awesome advertisement for Disney. Go to Disney where the rides are so boring that a 6 month pregnant woman can ride them. On the other hand, don't go to Universal, the rides are too exciting and thrilling for pregnant women...... And Universal is the pathetic one?

Unnecessary. :lol: They should have a mix of both. It's true.. Universal could use a slow moving ride or two, which is actually what I was hoping for from that rumored Discovery Center dark ride and new Seuss addition.

My wife is pregnant and the only ride I'll let her get near is an Omnimover.

I'm not sure if any pregnant woman should be going on any theme park rides. I'm not sure if Universal has to create more rides for the pregnant demographic. Universal does have lots of shows and other attractions where pregnant women or people seeking non-thrilling rides can go on. In my opinion, Disney doesn't have enough thrilling rides.

In any case, :focus: what's going on with Avatar Land, still not being built?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if any pregnant woman should be going on any theme park rides. I'm not sure if Universal has to create more rides for the pregnant demographic. Universal does have lots of shows and other attractions where pregnant women or people seeking non-thrilling rides can go on. In my opinion, Disney doesn't have enough thrilling rides.

My wife is pregnant and the only ride I'll let her get near is an Omnimover.

My wife went on almost everything at MK while pregnant minus the mountains and felt fortunate that she was even able to ride anything, not once while at Universal did I think it was pathetic that she wasnt able to ride much.

We felt that she was at a point in her pregnancy that it would be ok and with her doctor giving her the all clear we felt ok doing so. She was around 6 months and would not have happened if she was 8-9 months along.

Rides for the entire family mixed with some thrill rides are what makes Disney parks stand above the rest. My wife is currently 6 months pregnant. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and even Hollywood Studios have been great to visit during her pregnancy, Animal Kingdom and the Universal Parks not so much. Universal doesn't have one ride or 3D show safe for a pregnant woman to enjoy. I love Universal, but that is absolutely pathetic on their part.

Back on point....Spaceship Earth is great the way it is.....c:)

Despicable Me has the stationary seats and why couldn't she watch T23D?

Orlando is the top family destination for theme parks in the world. Universal should have at least a few rides in each park that the entire family can ride together. For some reason, they choose not to.

- - - Updated - - -

My wife went on almost everything at MK while pregnant minus the mountains and felt fortunate that she was even able to ride anything, not once while at Universal did I think it was pathetic that she wasnt able to ride much.

We felt that she was at a point in her pregnancy that it would be ok and with her doctor giving her the all clear we felt ok doing so. She was around 6 months and would not have happened if she was 8-9 months along.

Did your wife have a better time at the Magic Kingdom or at Universal?

- - - Updated - - -

Despicable Me has the stationary seats and why couldn't she watch T23D?

She would need stationary seating for both attractions, so we would need to ride separately. I love Universal, but they need a few rides for the ENTIRE family. Hell, even Sea World has Antarctica. :)

Last edited:
Orlando is the top family destination for theme parks in the world. Universal should have at least a few rides in each park that the entire family can ride together. For some reason, they choose not to.

- - - Updated - - -

Did your wife have a better time at the Magic Kingdom or at Universal?

- - - Updated - - -

She would need stationary seating for both attractions, so we would need to ride separately. I love Universal, but they need a few rides for the ENTIRE family. Hell, even Sea World has Antarctica. :)

My wife is weird lol, she goes to the parks and will hardly ride anything anymore and still have fun. She didn't mind walking around and just enjoying the park while we rode with her keeping an an on the little one when had already. I will say that my wife has said she doesn't really want to go back to Universal or IOA until the girls are older since there isnt too much for them to do at such a young age, but also she said the same about Hollywood Studios.

I agree, Universal can use some rides with no height requirements that the whole family can ride.

In any case, :focus: what's going on with Avatar Land, still not being built?

Not a damn thing....
Not being built yet, but a lot more is going on behind the scenes than there was a few months ago. And moving the FotLK is the first step if anything is to happen, EVER. Whether or not Avatar comes (which at this point I am almost certain it will), FotLK has to be moved first.

Not to mention they announced this before R&D got started, which usually takes a couple years any way. This is an unusual situation where they announced it with literally nothing planned. Yes, it's going to be a bit longer than desired, but things like FLE and ST2 were in development phases for upwards of 10 years. These things take time. Maybe a little too much time, but time. :lol:

My wife is weird lol, she goes to the parks and will hardly ride anything anymore and still have fun. She didn't mind walking around and just enjoying the park while we rode with her keeping an an on the little one when had already. I will say that my wife has said she doesn't really want to go back to Universal or IOA until the girls are older since there isnt too much for them to do at such a young age, but also she said the same about Hollywood Studios.

I agree, Universal can use some rides with no height requirements that the whole family can ride.

I agree. I love so much in Universal: The Simpsons, MIB, The Mummy, Popeye, Jurassic Park etc., I just wish they had some rides for the entire family. In every attraction Universal feels the need to spin, drop, or wet its patrons. I think a few slow moving, no restriction attractions would go a long way in the resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.