Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sources are saying that they have reached an agreement. There won't be a "Land" per se. It is going to basically be one E-Ticket and a ride exit shop.

The guy I talked to said it would be an immersive environment. So you are probably right about only being one ride, but there will probably be a sort of "mini land" near the attraction, not full-sized.

The guy I talked to said it would be an immersive environment. So you are probably right about only being one ride, but there will probably be a sort of "mini land" near the attraction, not full-sized.

something a like star wars mini land for star tours....i can imagine you ll see an elaborate interior and exterior area with large E ticket......Tim any idea when they start construction? this summer?

Personally I think an Avatar "land " would be a bad decision .
The film does not have the following like Star Wars and Harry Potter and don't think that will end with Avatar 2.
Best thing would be start the Beastly Kingdom development as Avatar would fit in that theme and it would be easy to expand with other projects .

It's not that I hate the film nor do I love it. I just think its not a good fit for Disney. It feels forced IMO at Animal Kingdom. I think this type of film fits better at Universal and there audience. I mean I'm hoping for the best but then again I'm hoping for anything at this point.

Is anything going on behind the scenes? Is it coming? Is it not?

It's not that I hate the film nor do I love it. I just think its not a good fit for Disney. It feels forced IMO at Animal Kingdom. I think this type of film fits better at Universal and there audience. I mean I'm hoping for the best but then again I'm hoping for anything at this point.

Is anything going on behind the scenes? Is it coming? Is it not?
A couple of magic insiders are convinced its coming in some form and probably bigger than what people think. I think it was said cost will be somewhere in Between nfl and dca/carsland
In my opinion think its a great fit and cant wait

I absolutely hated Avatar. Don't get me wrong the affects were ground breaking but that's all I found even remotely amusing in this movie. But with that being said I do think it would make for a good attraction but not a land. And I agree with HTF it wouldn't fit in Disney but if they did it I would much rather see it in Disney than Universal because I love Universal too much to see them get an Avatar land or ride. Walt Disney World NEEDS to FOCUS on the legendary LUCASFILM. Now I realize Avatar for whatever reason is or the number one movie of all time on the Box Office Gross list but its not Star Wars or Indiana Jones. If they were smart and they really wanted to try and match Universal's Potter frenzy they would make a giant Star Wars land similar to The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter. I mean when I think of EPIC movie franchises I immediately think of Star Wars, and Harry Potter foremost. Now Indiana Jones is another great franchise I think about along with some others. Anyways I can assure you that more people are going to want to go to a STAR WARS land over an Avatar land. Also Animal Kingdom should be thinking about other movie franchises or attractions than this mess of Avatar. That is one park that has so much potential and room for an amazing land and attraction ideas. In closing if your going to do Avatar just make an attraction and not a whole entire land of it. And Walt Disney World please make a epic Star Wars land, Indiana Jones land, and when you can make Marvel land. Side Note: get rid of the garbage that is the entire back of Hollywood Studios. Don't be so lazy Mickey! I'm counting on you! lol

I absolutely hated Avatar. Don't get me wrong the affects were ground breaking but that's all I found even remotely amusing in this movie. But with that being said I do think it would make for a good attraction but not a land. And I agree with HTF it wouldn't fit in Disney but if they did it I would much rather see it in Disney than Universal because I love Universal too much to see them get an Avatar land or ride. Walt Disney World NEEDS to FOCUS on the legendary LUCASFILM. Now I realize Avatar for whatever reason is or the number one movie of all time on the Box Office Gross list but its not Star Wars or Indiana Jones. If they were smart and they really wanted to try and match Universal's Potter frenzy they would make a giant Star Wars land similar to The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter. I mean when I think of EPIC movie franchises I immediately think of Star Wars, and Harry Potter foremost. Now Indiana Jones is another great franchise I think about along with some others. Anyways I can assure you that more people are going to want to go to a STAR WARS land over an Avatar land. Also Animal Kingdom should be thinking about other movie franchises or attractions than this mess of Avatar. That is one park that has so much potential and room for an amazing land and attraction ideas. In closing if your going to do Avatar just make an attraction and not a whole entire land of it. And Walt Disney World please make a epic Star Wars land, Indiana Jones land, and when you can make Marvel land. Side Note: get rid of the garbage that is the entire back of Hollywood Studios. Don't be so lazy Mickey! I'm counting on you! lol

Im sure you will see both star wars and avatar in the next
Several years so people who like both can enjoy.

Im sure you will see both star wars and avatar in the next
Several years so people who like both can enjoy.

I still want the EPCOT ball to be turned into the Death Star lol We need an Indiana Jones attraction down here too. I've always wanted to ride those attractions at Disneyland and at the other Disney park. And I feel like either Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom would be a perfect fit for not only a ride but an Indiana Jones land.

lol I've always thought there should be a major thrill ride in that thing.

Time Racers: A high-tech thrill ride about fast-forwarding through history that was to replace Spaceship Earth was thrown out due to structural integrity issues with the geosphere. The station would of been located in Innoventions East btw.

Time Racers: A high-tech thrill ride about fast-forwarding through history that was to replace Spaceship Earth was thrown out due to structural integrity issues with the geosphere. The station would of been located in Innoventions East btw.

Oh wow. That sounds like it would have been amazing. Do you see them ever revisiting the idea of replacing it again? And how do you feel about the idea of having a TRON type coaster/dark ride in the ball? Or making it a Star Wars type ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.