Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's unlikely but I really want a Lion King RIDE. That movie deserves a top notch experience somewhere in the parks. I would love to see a major dark ride for it. And I've talked to somebody else about this on here before but how is there not a Jungle Book attraction? especially in Animal Kingdom lol

My sources are saying that they have reached an agreement. There won't be a "Land" per se. It is going to basically be one E-Ticket and a ride exit shop.

My sources are saying that they have reached an agreement. There won't be a "Land" per se. It is going to basically be one E-Ticket and a ride exit shop.

insider on magic still thinks regardless whether its one ride or a full land it will be good....think mini land like star wars is now

and i am excited for it..never understood that if you dont know what its going to be how some people hate it....kind of how i am towards simpsons..could care less about simpsons but understand the draw and think its a welcomed addition.. btw this is not pointed towards you

- - - Updated - - -

I hated Avatar. I fell asleep when I saw that movie in theaters. And that's saying something because I never fall asleep during movies. I would much rather see anything else that's at least decent.

again its not really about the movie as it is about the environment of the movie..mummy was a decent movie but the rides great... i could care less about simpsons but the ride is great... twilight zone was cheesy but the ride is great

hope you give it a chance

lol...big surprise here. To behonest, I actually prefer this anyway. No reall need for an Avatar Land. Save the money for a bigger Star Wars Land, or that Cars Land I keep hearing about...

So unless they add a new area with some killer attractions - then it seems rather pointless to spend any money on Avatar... as it won't have the desired effect of increased attendance.

It's hard to get excited about something that seems so far. And maybe when the sequels get off the ground as well, this property will seem a bit more relevant again (I know it's the highest-grossing movie of all-time but let's face it. No one talks about it anymore).

It's just sad that, as far as we know, this is the only thing on AK's pipeline.

So unless they add a new area with some killer attractions - then it seems rather pointless to spend any money on Avatar... as it won't have the desired effect of increased attendance.

Agreed. If it's a single ride, the Avatar deal makes NO sense. One ride of Avatar isn't going to attract anyone that Everest didn't.

Agreed. If it's a single ride, the Avatar deal makes NO sense. One ride of Avatar isn't going to attract anyone that Everest didn't.

depends on the attraction..maybe im over selling avatar here but i think it can be as big... if its soarin 2.0 then i think you re right... but i keep reading avatar e ticket with some type of night time show

- - - Updated - - -

articos on magic said IF it is just an E ticket it will be similar in scope to star tours..meaning mini land with exterior theming like star tours and interior theming ( think ET) with interactive area of flora and fauna bioluminesence and floating mountains

depends on the attraction..maybe im over selling avatar here but i think it can be as big... if its soarin 2.0 then i think you re right... but i keep reading avatar e ticket with some type of night time show

- - - Updated - - -

articos on magic said IF it is just an E ticket it will be similar in scope to star tours..meaning mini land with exterior theming like star tours and interior theming ( think ET) with interactive area of flora and fauna bioluminesence and floating mountains

I just don't think Avatar has the pull as a franchise to bring that many people in unless it's a HUGE undertaking. A Star Tours level ride isn't going to do that, IMO.

Yes, the movie made a ton of money. But is it going to make people drop 1.5K on a Disney vacation for one ride? I'm dubious.

Also, mind PMing me a link to the Magic thread you're talking about?

I just don't think Avatar has the pull as a franchise to bring that many people in unless it's a HUGE undertaking. A Star Tours level ride isn't going to do that, IMO.

Yes, the movie made a ton of money. But is it going to make people drop 1.5K on a Disney vacation for one ride? I'm dubious.

sent something to you

I don't think you need the pull of the franchise, especially in the case of DAK, for people to go to that park. Guests and fans (well fans mostly) are just kinda desperate right now for anything and they'll still come out in droves for Avatar. It will be something new and shiny and that's all that matters to some. While I doubt Disney will see a spike in merchandising, unless there are a LOT of closet Avatar lovers out there, I think they'll have to see an attendance increase for DAK. Even a small increase will invariably confirm TDO's decision in their echo chamber. It's the very definition of epistemic closure. I agree it still makes absolutely no sense to just have this mini land after almost two years after the initial announcement, but that's TDO in a nutshell.

I don't think you need the pull of the franchise, especially in the case of DAK, for people to go to that park. Guests and fans (well fans mostly) are just kinda desperate right now for anything and they'll still come out in droves for Avatar. It will be something new and shiny and that's all that matters to some. While I doubt Disney will see a spike in merchandising, unless there are a LOT of closet Avatar lovers out there, I think they'll have to see an attendance increase for DAK. Even a small increase will invariably confirm TDO's decision in their echo chamber. It's the very definition of epistemic closure. I agree it still makes absolutely no sense to just have this mini land after almost two years after the initial announcement, but that's TDO in a nutshell.

Disney isn't looking for a small increase here though. They shelled out money just to build something for the property. They want this to do gangbusters

- - - Updated - - -

sent something to you

:thumbs:

I think just an E-Ticket could work if it was built to Disney former standards for the term. Meaning, something revolutionary. That would get people talking. "Disney did to the theme park world what Avatars tech did for Hollywood, etc." But I know none of us will be holding our breath for that one.

I think just an E-Ticket could work if it was built to Disney former standards for the term. Meaning, something revolutionary. That would get people talking. "Disney did to the theme park world what Avatars tech did for Hollywood, etc." But I know none of us will be holding our breath for that one.

whats sad is no one can argue against this point.....

i think people are somewhat under selling avatar on this board to a certain extent...two movies recently compared themselves in advertising to avatar
1. life of Pi "the next avatar"
2. The Croods "the animated avatar"

so i still think its relevant i could be wrong but i ve always been a guy who says the attraction and themeing mean more than the IP for example cars land is incredible the movie was ok..just my opinion...i dont think this Avatar is Star Wars or harry Potter but i do think it could be Cars Land again just my opinion

as far as merchandising those glowing blue drinks come to mind as well as people buying unobtainium

i think people are somewhat under selling avatar on this board to a certain extent...two movies recently compared themselves in advertising to avatar
1. life of Pi "the next avatar"
2. The Croods "the animated avatar"

so i still think its relevant i could be wrong but i ve always been a guy who says the attraction and themeing mean more than the IP for example cars land is incredible the movie was ok..just my opinion...i dont think this Avatar is Star Wars or harry Potter but i do think it could be Cars Land again just my opinion

as far as merchandising those glowing blue drinks come to mind as well as people buying unobtainium

I agree with you. I know many people that still talk about this movie. Also, there are more movies that can be made, right? So I can see people wanting to see it more after a movie release. I don't care, never watched the movie, but I do see where others care and this could be a good move *IF* done right. Now can Disney get their act together and do it right? Who knows.

insider on magic still thinks regardless whether its one ride or a full land it will be good....think mini land like star wars is now

and i am excited for it..never understood that if you dont know what its going to be how some people hate it....kind of how i am towards simpsons..could care less about simpsons but understand the draw and think its a welcomed addition.. btw this is not pointed towards you

- - - Updated - - -

again its not really about the movie as it is about the environment of the movie..mummy was a decent movie but the rides great... i could care less about simpsons but the ride is great... twilight zone was cheesy but the ride is great

hope you give it a chance

I loved the first two mummy movies lol

Status
Not open for further replies.