Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

I mean in my personal opinion you only reach "mountain" status when your an Eticket. You gotta earn it, and last I checked this is Dticket territory over here so it's more like a elevated mole hill. :lol:

I feel like a lot of the reason people aren't considering it a mountain is how because it is on a rather condensed plot of land compared to something like BTMRR, Splash, or Space. The grand scope of the attraction just isn't there, and I think that is what is changing people's opinions more than anything.

Last edited:
Disney used the term "mountain" in one of their PR bits. However considering the ride isnt called "Seven Dwarf Mine Train Mountain" then I don't really consider it on that level.

- - - Updated - - -

also..this seems like an "E-ticket" to me...

Disney used the term "mountain" in one of their PR bits. However considering the ride isnt called "Seven Dwarf Mine Train Mountain" then I don't really consider it on that level.

- - - Updated - - -

Be prepared to be let down. It'll be a nice ride, but it's no E-ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

In current TDO standards TSMM would be an Eticket. I assure you this is not one though.

Can someone please give some good examples of what is considered a e-ticket, d-ticket, etc...and are these real terms or just msg board terms?
It refers to the lettering on the old Disney ticket books. The letters helped determine the cost for an attraction (this was before it was a flat rate for everything). By the time EPCOT opened, the system was done away with. "A" was minor attractions, while "E" was attractions of grand scale. That's why you hear things like FJ, Transformers, Gringotts, etc referred to as E's.

These Days, Disney likes to exaggerate the definition of an E-ticket and likes to claim almost any "major" new addition is an E-ticket... including restaurants (not kidding). TSMM, Mermaid and Be Our Guest are recent examples of this.

Here are some examples (From 1959 Disneyland, but it at least shows where the term comes from):

1959-ABCDE-B.gif

1959-ABCDE-C.gif

1959-ABCDE-D.gif

1959-ABCDE-E.gif

Last edited:
By the classical definition, there's no reality in which 7DMT isn't a E–Ticket. But if you're comparing it to FJ, TF, Gringotts, etc. Yeah it falls short. I'd still call it a D+, at least until we actually get to ride it and are disappointed. Kinda like how Anartica went from an E to skippable :lol:

By the classical definition, there's no reality in which 7DMT isn't a E–Ticket. But if you're comparing it to FJ, TF, Gringotts, etc. Yeah it falls short. I'd still call it a D+, at least until we actually get to ride it and are disappointed. Kinda like how Anartica went from an E to skippable :lol:
I'm honestly not that sure about that. Just because it's a coaster with a "mountain" surrounding it doesn't mean it will be any more of an experience than those listed under the "D" category in the picture I posted. Of course that was 1959, but still, it's debatable imo. I'd argue compared to BTMRR, there's no way this should even be considered as an E.

I'm honestly not that sure about that. Just because it's a coaster with a "mountain" surrounding it doesn't mean it will be any more of an experience than those listed under the "D" category in the picture I posted. Of course that was 1959, but still, it's debatable imo. I'd argue compared to BTMRR, there's no way this should even be considered as an E.

But the tickets had to do with demand as well as the ride itself. Considering the is the centerpiece of MK's first major addition in 2 decades, it'll be swarmed like an E for awhile. That bumps it, imo.

It refers to the lettering on the old Disney ticket books. The letters helped determine the cost for an attraction (this was before it was a flat rate for everything). By the time EPCOT opened, the system was done away with. "A" was minor attractions, while "E" was attractions of grand scale. That's why you hear things like FJ, Transformers, Gringotts, etc referred to as E's.

These Days, Disney likes to exaggerate the definition of an E-ticket and likes to claim almost any "major" new addition is an E-ticket... including restaurants (not kidding). TSMM, Mermaid and Be Our Guest are recent examples of this.

Here are some examples (From 1959 Disneyland, but it at least shows where the term comes from):

1959-ABCDE-B.gif

1959-ABCDE-C.gif

1959-ABCDE-D.gif

1959-ABCDE-E.gif
That def helps...appreciate it!

Huge rides with mountain facades should not be placed in the center of a land but on the sides :doh:.

Matterhorn

I mean in my personal opinion you only reach "mountain" status when your an Eticket. You gotta earn it, and last I checked this is Dticket territory over here so it's more like a elevated mole hill. :lol:

Matterhorn

I feel like a lot of the reason people aren't considering it a mountain is how because it is on a rather condensed plot of land compared to something like BTMRR, Splash, or Space. The grand scope of the attraction just isn't there, and I think that is what is changing people's opinions more than anything.

Matterhorn

Ya sure it's based on a real versus fictional "mountain/hill/what-have-you". Why is one grandfathered in as a "classic E-ticket plumped down in the middle of a land, blocking out everything behind it" that Magic Kingdom never got? Whereas SDMT will probably be similarly tame - maybe more exciting thanks to the swinging (oohhh-ahhhh) AND have a few good show scenes.

Honestly, Matterhorn is really rather tame by today's standards.

So seriously... burn Matterhorn to the ground... It's a travesty.... A poor man's BTMRR.... Walt Disney would have never approved!!!

(End of Sarcasm) :wave:

Last edited: