Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 504 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Front row is indeed amazing. Had my fourth ride tonight and rode in the front for the first time. Ride felt way faster and more intense. Amazing experience!

Front row is definitely more intense and immersive, maybe too much so. My eyes had a tough time focusing 3-D and following the action from the front, I think 2nd row is the sweet spot. But since I'm in the singles queue at the moment I'll take what I get ;-)

Front row is definitely more intense and immersive, maybe too much so. My eyes had a tough time focusing 3-D and following the action from the front, I think 2nd row is the sweet spot. But since I'm in the singles queue at the moment I'll take what I get ;-)

I found from Spider-Man (and in turn this) that the back row tend to make it more immerse as the side walls keep you from seeing anything your not intended to.

I found from Spider-Man (and in turn this) that the back row tend to make it more immerse as the side walls keep you from seeing anything your not intended to.
Agreed. Rode Spiderman 14 times on last years vacation. The back row was the best. But I thought the first row was best on Spiderman 1.0....I'll be there in September for Transformers. Sounds great from all the reviews. Big difference from the ride reviews for Sea World's new attraction.

When Felipe and I rode there were multiple signs in and around the building

Right, I knew that. I meant at the front gate near the turnstiles.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Rode Spiderman 14 times on last years vacation. The back row was the best. But I thought the first row was best on Spiderman 1.0....I'll be there in September for Transformers. Sounds great from all the reviews. Big difference from the ride reviews for Sea World's new attraction.

Oh yeah, for a more INTENSE ride, back row is best! But for the best VISUAL experience, front row all the way! It is pretty cool that you can experience the same ride in different ways.

There really isn't much to the pre show in this ride IMO. I mean there is a very basic storyline but it's not extremely interesting. It does the job though. I enjoyed the indoor que more than I tought I would. There is definitely more of it that I expected. Not sure how long all of those buttons and switches are going to last however...

Yes, that is the video I was refering to. I didn't know USH had an outdoor queue as well.

At the 2:19 mark she says something about California. Is this taken out of USF's version?

Last edited:
Got really lucky today! My friends and I left Islands of Adventure around 6:30 and went right for the studios. When we arrived to the ride, they were letting people in...talk about impeccable timing.

So, the ride is awesome. It's mostly screens with less emphasis on sets(with the exception of 2 or 3 areas) but it's a greatly paced ride! The story and some of its moments felt too similar to Spider-Man in my opinion, but it never detracted from the experience. I love the rooms where the screen took up your entire peripheral vision and the characters are larger than life. When Optimus Prime first shows up, he's so incredibly large that one has to tilt their head up to get a full look. It was enthralling.

Overall, definitely a fun experience and it will be a winner at this park. With Harry Potter Part II on the way, the Studios are creating reasons for people to want to go there as opposed to Islands of Adventure. Transformers is awesome!

Got really lucky today! My friends and I left Islands of Adventure around 6:30 and went right for the studios. When we arrived to the ride, they were letting people in...talk about impeccable timing.

So, the ride is awesome. It's mostly screens with less emphasis on sets(with the exception of 2 or 3 areas) but it's a greatly paced ride! The story and some of its moments felt too similar to Spider-Man in my opinion, but it never detracted from the experience. I love the rooms where the screen took up your entire peripheral vision and the characters are larger than life. When Optimus Prime first shows up, he's so incredibly large that one has to tilt their head up to get a full look. It was enthralling.

Overall, definitely a fun experience and it will be a winner at this park. With Harry Potter Part II on the way, the Studios are creating reasons for people to want to go there as opposed to Islands of Adventure. Transformers is awesome!

Nice! I was the 50th or so person in that line to get in, They opened the doors at exactly 6pm. Unfortunately I started waiting In line at about 4 hoping they would open sooner. It was worth the wait however. Glad you liked it!

Yes, that is the video I was refering to. I didn't know USH had an outdoor queue as well.

The outside que is only used for overflow, it is located behind their Universal movie display centre. It also provides great views into the Phantom sound stage when the doors are open. If you look on google maps you can see it. Look to the left of the transformers construction site then down a little and there is a red roof. Thats the outside que.

Oh yeah, for a more INTENSE ride, back row is best! But for the best VISUAL experience, front row all the way! It is pretty cool that you can experience the same ride in different ways.

Visual experience like in your face, yes. Reason I was saying the back row for visual experience is the walls black out what your not supposed to see at any given time.

Spider-Man's original 3D glasses actually had thicker bands to block your peripheral view. Now the only way to get that is back row.

The outside que is only used for overflow, it is located behind their Universal movie display centre. It also provides great views into the Phantom sound stage when the doors are open. If you look on google maps you can see it. Look to the left of the transformers construction site then down a little and there is a red roof. Thats the outside que.

Thanks for the info. I hope to one day get out to the west coast and check out the studio tour and their version of the Mummy.