Busch Parks to be sold? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Busch Parks to be sold?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If this is true, I wonder what will happen to future attractions, like Falcon's Fury and the supposed new 2015 coaster for Tampa (and what will happen to Gwazi)? Hope they don't bite the dust.

Last edited:
Need get some good owners, that's for sure, if its true. Curse the Busch's for selling in the first place
With great crowds for HOS and Xmas town last year and Cheetah Hunt being a success it looked good for Busch moving forward.

I am going to BGW for the first time in August, hope quality isnt down below the standards Ive heard about.

I dont think Universal should get into this.....Doesnt make any sense. Focus on the resort you've developed.

Plus it would be odd having two parks 80 miles away from eachother. Shutdown Tampa, and maybe move some of its rides up to BGW? I don't know the process that it takes but....I don't know...very interesting.

Why is everyone so quick to jump to "shut down Tampa"???? :mad:

BGT is a great park with great rides and wonderful animal attractions. HOS does very well every year. It was busy every night last year - I know - I worked the event.

Let's just hope if this rumor is true, they get great new owners that really take care of BOTH Parks.

BGT is a great park with great rides and wonderful animal attractions. HOS does very well every year. It was busy every night last year - I know - I worked the event.

Let's just hope if this rumor is true, they get great new owners that really take care of BOTH Parks.
Yeah the Tampa hate has me confused and a bit upset..BGT has some of the best coasters in the country and has some of the best themed animal exhibits around..plus BGT was here before Orlando was really big...it's not going anywhere

BGT is a complete embarrassment when compared to BGW. The two don't even come close to comparing. I personally don't find the animal attractions to be that great either.

I've never liked BGT though. First time I went, I was insanely disappointed by just about everything. I go back to ride the coasters, but that's it.

BGT is a complete embarrassment when compared to BGW. The two don't even come close to comparing. I personally don't find the animal attractions to be that great either.

I've never liked BGT though. First time I went, I was insanely disappointed by just about everything. I go back to ride the coasters, but that's it.

The one thing I didn't like about BGW was the lack of animals, and if it wasn't for the topography it would be like any other park.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with ya!

Completely with you on that one.

I agree with most others too, it is a poorly managed park. I just hope that through all of this they find a way to turn things around. BGT might not be appealing to a lot of people, but as an area resident I value the tourism money it brings in as well as the jobs they offer to the community. Let's just hope for the best.

The main problem with BGT is the surrounding neighborhood. It really is a deterrent for people going there. And limits what they can do in terms of resort expansion. As in, there is no resort, and no real possibility of making it one, since very few people want to vacation in the "hood".

That was the one problem with placement of the park being right on brewery land in a manufacturing/warehousing district. Manufacturing areas in all towns have a tendency to deteriorate over time for many different reasons, and very few (if any) cities manage to avoid the problem, no matter the companies that make their "home" there. Sometimes cities manage to revitalize the area through various projects, rezoning, etc. but I don't think that's a feasible concept with that area now.

I don't think Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg really should be compared. They strive to achieve two different goals. Tampa shoots for the conservation approach, and Williamsburg wants the cultural atmosphere. So the theming of the two is going to be vastly different since they're not really trying to immerse you in a different world like a Universal park. But 75% of Tampa's visitors are pass holders, and most of that 25% is people staying at a different resort in Orlando.

I believe Tampa is toast. BGW is still a fine property, but has recently been having issues with mismanagement.
It'll be too bad if this does happen. Besides BGW, it's the best of Sea World's parks imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think Universal should get into this.....Doesnt make any sense. Focus on the resort you've developed.

Plus it would be odd having two parks 80 miles away from eachother. Shutdown Tampa, and maybe move some of its rides up to BGW? I don't know the process that it takes but....I don't know...very interesting.
I'd like to see some of the wealth spread to Sea World too. They need all the help they can get. :lol:

Interesting rumor... I wonder how such a sale would happen given that if I remember the Busch Gardens division of seaworld parks also includes sesame place....