Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only thing I dislike about DL's version of Snow White is that the ending is so ridiculously abrupt. It sticks out pretty badly.

I would say that of all the Snow White rides, Paris got the best version. It takes the strongest aspects of both DL and WDW's versions and puts them both together.

It's funny you mention the ending. I was watching a video with youtuber Shane Dawson going on the ride and his reactions to everything in the park and what he showed from that ride was something to the tune of "Yeah...that's one of those rides that just kinda ends". Pretty much sums it up.

Belle's and Princess Fairytale Hall are simply 2 attractions that I have no interest in. Went through Belle's once to check out the AAs and effects, will never do it again. I also walked through PFH during the preview last Fri. night. Done with it too. But I think they are fine additions for their intended demo. Not eveything has to be for me. Both are better than spending a day in the park with Barney.

I do think that Belle's would have been a great dark ride, but Storytime with Belle has always been popular and things like that are what make these world class theme parks. The variety of experiences. I think that if Disney had been adding real attractions over the past decade, no one would bat an eye over these things. I think it is the lack of real additions over the last decade that leads us to hyper focus on these additions.

Last edited:
Reactions: IzzyB
So does anyone know which princesses will be at the PFH? I know that Rapunzel and Cinderella will be the featured characters with one other princess along with each of them but which princesses will they be teamed with. I assume Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Tiana, Mulan, and Jasmine since they have pictures on the wall but what about Merida, Belle, Pocahontas, and Ariel?

I was just wondering if they'd make appearances there as well since Tiana and Jasmine also had meet and greet areas prior to this. Pocahontas I can understand since they barely acknowledge her as a princess (that's why Mulan was such a surprise. But Merida seems to be popular enough I wonder why she got left out.

A few thoughts/questions about Fairytale Hall:

*The way the attraction is set up makes it seem you have to choose between Cinderella or Rapunzel and their accompanying random princess. But what if you wanted to see both Cinderella AND Rapunzel? They're really going to force people to exit the attraction and re-enter choosing the opposite side? Those meet-n-greet lines can be over a hour. If that system holds true, and you're only allowed 2 princesses at a time, you can be potentially be waiting over two hours for 4 princesses. Scary.

*I don't suspect Belle or Ariel to be present here seeing as they both have their own meet-n-greets. I suspect Aurora will be pretty common as one of the random ones. The way they make it seem is that Tiana, Jasmine, and Mulan may be relocating here permanently. No?

*When 7DMT opens, will Snow White be getting her own meet-n-greet near the ride? If so, I'd count her out of Fairytale Hall too.

*Merida's show at Fairytale Gardens is still pretty popular. However, that location is never permanent. If and when Merida's show is axed in favor of something new, I suspect she too could be relocated to Fairytale Hall?

I can't believe I typed an entire post about princesses. Wow. I guess having a daughter will do that to you.

*The way the attraction is set up makes it seem you have to choose between Cinderella or Rapunzel and their accompanying random princess. But what if you wanted to see both Cinderella AND Rapunzel? They're really going to force people to exit the attraction and re-enter choosing the opposite side? Those meet-n-greet lines can be over a hour. If that system holds true, and you're only allowed 2 princesses at a time, you can be potentially be waiting over two hours for 4 princesses. Scary.

Could definitely see that becoming an issue. They'll need to find some way to work on that, since I think most people would be interested in meeting all of the princesses, plus Disney will want those people out and about in the park to increase guest spending, not have them all spend a huge chunk of their day meeting characters.

I can't believe I typed an entire post about princesses. Wow. I guess having a daughter will do that to you.

That's nothing. I have no children and yet I pretty much hold the forum record for "Most Times Discussed My Little Pony". Lord knows how much I've discussed my fascination with it in places beyond these forums. :lol: :look:

*I don't suspect Belle or Ariel to be present here seeing as they both have their own meet-n-greets. I suspect Aurora will be pretty common as one of the random ones. The way they make it seem is that Tiana, Jasmine, and Mulan may be relocating here permanently. No?

*When 7DMT opens, will Snow White be getting her own meet-n-greet near the ride? If so, I'd count her out of Fairytale Hall too.

*Merida's show at Fairytale Gardens is still pretty popular. However, that location is never permanent. If and when Merida's show is axed in favor of something new, I suspect she too could be relocated to Fairytale Hall?

They do this currently with the meet n greet in the circus area. You have to select between Minnie and Daisy or Goofy and Donald. Even when it is REALLY dead you have to go all the way out and back in. The other issue with the circus one is you can see the other characters from your line and when you are at the characters. So that was hard trying to get my child to not run over there afterwards. So I hope they at least fix that. They did that in the old area too, you had to select between fairies or princesses (but you could not see the other ones, so better) and many kids wanted both. The bottom line is, the more characters you put there, the longer the lines will be is their theory. So instead of an hour wait for 4 princesses, you should have a 30 minute wait since there are half the people in line and half the princesses to stop the line with. So for example, when we saw Minnie and Daisy, Daisy was first. We got our pictures and because the people in front of us spent a ton of time with Minnie we waited like 5 minutes before the next character. Well the line got so long between the characters that no one else could get in to take pictures with Daisy until some got to see Minnie. You times this by 4 and you see the issue of why the line would move slower for 4 vs 2. So bad, yes, two lines, good... the line should be shorter in theory making your child get to a character faster. Also, some parents may just say you get to only select one and then we are going to do other things, potentially making the waits even less.

Yes, I believe I read on the Disney Parks blog that as there are two separate lines, once you meet the princesses in that line, you have to get in the next line for the others.

I get that the combined wait time in order to meet all princesses Is going to be high, but aside from having an individual queue for each princess, I don't see any other way to do it. Besides, this attraction will have FP+, so if someone really wants to meet all of the princesses and not wait in line to do it, that means more potential FP's for rides for others.

I'm in your boat when it comes to princess mng's. I never understood the attraction to mng's as a kid (I wasn't fooled by the "magic," it was just a guy in a costume), and as an adult and parent, even more-so. My 8yr old was even more skeptical than me (I still remember him saying at 2, "That's not Mickey. Mickey is a cartoon).

However, we took our 8mo daughter on Enchanted Tales a couple weeks ago and I now "get it." While it was clear she didn't quite understand what was going on, her eyes were as wide as they could be, she was grinning from ear-to-ear and laughing, and she practically flew out of my arms she was flapping her arms so much (a sign we've found to mean she's excited or really happy).

Last edited:
When I took my daughter to Disney the first time, all I wanted to do was show her all these awesome rides, and she had a good time. However the only thing she talked about (and still talks about) was meeting Cinderella and Rapunzal (something we did because we needed a break). It made me feel guilty for not taking her to meet Aerial (her favorite) or Belle.

So when I return next November, I am going to try and plan less rides, and more meet and greet experiences.

I understand that the thrill seekers and Teen to adult audience on these forums only really cares for the big new ride, but you have to understand that these parks are for kids too. And little kids love this stuff.

Yeah, for me, I don't care that they replaced Snow White with a M&G. I really don't. It's a quality experience for those that want to meet those characters. Where the problem lies (and I don't think we'd be talking about otherwise) is Disney isn't meeting halfway. They are seemingly only building a ride here or there with M&G's and DVC everywhere. If there was more for everyone, there would be a lot less complaining.

When I took my daughter to Disney the first time, all I wanted to do was show her all these awesome rides, and she had a good time. However the only thing she talked about (and still talks about) was meeting Cinderella and Rapunzal (something we did because we needed a break). It made me feel guilty for not taking her to meet Aerial (her favorite) or Belle.

So when I return next November, I am going to try and plan less rides, and more meet and greet experiences.

I understand that the thrill seekers and Teen to adult audience on these forums only really cares for the big new ride, but you have to understand that these parks are for kids too. And little kids love this stuff.

I am like you. We never to Meet n Greets. We have done one all of our times going because I just don't want to get into the habit and that is all my daughter will want to do. The one time we did was with friends and there was no line. But what we did do was the character dining. The first time she gave Mickey a hug was so cute. Now luckily my daughter is still a little scared of the characters, so she doesn't ask or talk about them. But she is only 2, I am sure the character dining will mean more when she is a little older. But that is the way we figured we would still get her the characters and us still our sanity :smiley:

Yeah, for me, I don't care that they replaced Snow White with a M&G. I really don't. It's a quality experience for those that want to meet those characters. Where the problem lies (and I don't think we'd be talking about otherwise) is Disney isn't meeting halfway. They are seemingly only building a ride here or there with M&G's and DVC everywhere. If there was more for everyone, there would be a lot less complaining.

Agreed, that is why I said I am most upset they didn't do more with the FLE.

Last edited:
If they had built it as one line for all Characters I bet it would be a nightmare and a 2 or 3 hour wait...

And it is like it is. You got to choose which line you like to go (first). Same at Universal with Fire and Ice (sorry, Dragon´s Challenge). You can´t ride both without going back in line after exiting and rewalk the queue...

:)

I don't see a problem with it split. As said, it's necessary for capacity reasons so lines don't get to be out of control, but also, they have another market for meeting characters and that's character dining. These may be nice M&G's, but people will still realize it will take awhile to see all the characters if they want to see them, so the value of a character dining experience to that person increases as you get to meet them all in one sitting.

Will it not be similar to the m&g at Epcot where you get to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and goofy all in one go?

- - - Updated - - -

If they had built it as one line for all Characters I bet it would be a nightmare and a 2 or 3 hour wait...

And it is like it is. You got to choose which line you like to go (first). Same at Universal with Fire and Ice (sorry, Dragon´s Challenge). You can´t ride both without going back in line after exiting and rewalk the queue...

:)

Haha Hungarian horn tail and chinese fireball don't quite have the same ring do they?

- - - Updated - - -

So, when is 7dmt actually supposed to open?

I had a chance to experience this during normal park hours the other day. It seems the princesses are jasmine, tiana, repunzel, aurora, cinderalla and mulan. It has it listed outside which hall has which two. After seeing how those little girls were estatic spending one on one time and meeting their "idols", it will make you re-think your disdain of the influx of M&G the park has been adding. I mean, think about it...why do kids want to come to disney world? To meet their fav characters!

I had a chance to experience this during normal park hours the other day. It seems the princesses are jasmine, tiana, repunzel, aurora, cinderalla and mulan. It has it listed outside which hall has which two. After seeing how those little girls were estatic spending one on one time and meeting their "idols", it will make you re-think your disdain of the influx of M&G the park has been adding. I mean, think about it...why do kids want to come to disney world? To meet their fav characters!
Thanks for the update. I wonder if this means Jasmine and Tiana will no longer have their own meet-n-greets in Adventureland and Liberty Square respectively? My daughter enjoyed those meet-n-greets because you were able to meet Aladdin and Naveen as well. Meet the princes are a rarity.

Will it not be similar to the m&g at Epcot where you get to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and goofy all in one go?

Epcot gets less lines because it is not the park people go to when meeting characters. So even though they have all of them in one spot, the lines will not be as long.

I think 7dmt is slated for Jan or Feb next year with possible soft openings during the holiday season. But looking at construction tells me no way with softs over the holiday season. I think it will be more February,

I don't care about having meet and greets.

But they should never, ever replace rides.

Ever.