Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Geez, Disney needs to stop with the small little seats on rides... not everyone is under 6ft. I'm 6'1 and I have trouble with some of the rides, leg room severely lacking.

Snow White's Scary Adventures was less of a dark ride and more of a bad carnival attraction.

Agreed, it really needed to go. I know we all hate meet n greets, but honestly it makes the kids day. I mean these kids watch the movies and TV shows with these characters. It is like you and me meeting an actor/actress/pro sports player/etc that you really love. It makes the child have a magical day and really makes the whole trip worth it for many families. So getting these meet n greets inside in a good location where the parents and children can wait in line outside of the heat was needed. Now do we need more attractions, yes. Do we need good innovation from Disney, yes. But was this needed too, yes.

Meh. I still don't think it was worth replacing an actual ride for. Should've gone into a new building, maybe in place of the Skyway station instead of those Tangled restrooms.
If anything, they should have just replaced the ride with another ride. That's the part to be mad at. Hopefully they won't be there TOO long, although there is a market for this type of thing and now with this, it creates a meeting place for every princess within Fantasyland alone, so I have a bad feeling it'll stick awhile until someone comes up with a good ride idea for that building.

You have to look at it from an overall guest and management perspective. That building isn't that big at all so this is perfect for it. For them to want to put a ride in there, it would have to be a very solid pitch, because right now they have alleviated the cost of running the ride system and as I said, the building isn't that big. The Philharmagic space can be put to MUCH better use, actually (not that i'd want to lose the show, but if it wwas either Philhar or groundbreaking dark-ride, i'd choose the ride every time).

If anything, they should have just replaced the ride with another ride. That's the part to be mad at. Hopefully they won't be there TOO long, although there is a market for this type of thing and now with this, it creates a meeting place for every princess within Fantasyland alone, so I have a bad feeling it'll stick awhile until someone comes up with a good ride idea for that building.

You have to look at it from an overall guest and management perspective. That building isn't that big at all so this is perfect for it. For them to want to put a ride in there, it would have to be a very solid pitch, because right now they have alleviated the cost of running the ride system and as I said, the building isn't that big. The Philharmagic space can be put to MUCH better use, actually (not that i'd want to lose the show, but if it wwas either Philhar or groundbreaking dark-ride, i'd choose the ride every time).

Because the space is so small and the snow white ride was so bad, I have no issues with this. Especially since another ride was added (LM), now what I do have an issue is they had all that land where they re-did fantasy land and only added two new rides. They could have done a lot more with that land then they did.

Because the space is so small and the snow white ride was so bad, I have no issues with this. Especially since another ride was added (LM), now what I do have an issue is they had all that land where they re-did fantasy land and only added two new rides. They could have done a lot more with that land then they did.
Yeah, I REALLY wish we got a BatB ride instead of Enchanted Tales. Hey, I won't lie, when I go in there, i'm still impressed as all hell at the mirror effect and the Wardrobe and Lumiere AAs. The fluid motion in which Lumiere moves is incredible.

I just wish they could have put all of that together to make a ride. They could've still had the Mirror effect too, such a missed opportunity imo. There is room for expansion, but with the restaurant and walkthrough I doubt we'll see them put a ride there as well.

People hate on Disney's meet-n-greets all the time, but there's no denying they do a great job. Meeting the characters has always, and will always be a big selling point for kids visiting Disney World. They truly are mini attractions. I don't care for the way the meet-n-greets are set up now(waiting in line for over a hour), but I do appreciate Disney acknowledging the popularity of these things and taking the extra step by intricately themeing them. Having a daughter myself, I know for a fact that Fairytale Hall will be the first attraction we hit when visiting Magic Kingdom next time.

Those mine train cars look small, but I suspect they are larger than the photo gives them credit for. Besides the size, I really do like how well themed they are. When this ride finally does open, I think it will be pretty fun. Obviously it's not going to be state-of-the-art like some other newer rides at another resort, but it will hold it's own. I see it being the most popular ride in Fantasyland.

People hate on Disney's meet-n-greets all the time, but there's no denying they do a great job. Meeting the characters has always, and will always be a big selling point for kids visiting Disney World. They truly are mini attractions. I don't care for the way the meet-n-greets are set up now(waiting in line for over a hour), but I do appreciate Disney acknowledging the popularity of these things and taking the extra step by intricately themeing them. Having a daughter myself, I know for a fact that Fairytale Hall will be the first attraction we hit when visiting Magic Kingdom next time.

Those mine train cars look small, but I suspect they are larger than the photo gives them credit for. Besides the size, I really do like how well themed they are. When this ride finally does open, I think it will be pretty fun. Obviously it's not going to be state-of-the-art like some other newer rides at another resort, but it will hold it's own. I see it being the most popular ride in Fantasyland.

I don't think the hate is on the Meet & Greet themselves...rather the fact that there is no E-ticket to go along with it and the M&G's are being treated as more than they are.

SMDH at everyone who says the Snow White ride was bad.
It was a fun enough ride to do, especially with younger kids as my little sister loved it. But beyond that, it didn't really have anything special about it. The DL version, like most FL rides, is much better by comparison and actually made WDW's look embarrassingly dated after the updates DL did to it around 2009 or so. The only ride in WDW's FL that is better in WDW than DL is Pooh, but Pooh. Pooh isn't actually in FL out there though so it still stands that all of their dark rides are better.