Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 271 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way Teebs, who did manufacture the Gringotts dragon?

Weeeeeell... I will tell you what I know and what I assume regarding seemingly contradictory posts in other threads here. Universal Creative props or an offshoot of that, is the lead vendor/contractor. While I know nothing of an aircraft manufacturer being involved as a subcontractor, it would make sense from aerodynamic perspective that they would need such engineering expertise for the extended wing, which is quite literally a sail... in hurricane central.

So, this leaves the actual dragon, or skin of the dragon, and as I have been told, it was built by UC props or an offshoot. What set me back a few days ago regarding its appearance was I was told by a member of UC that it looks "crappy" and that they are attempting to fix it... and that this is what these delays are all about. That is vague I know... what exactly is "crappy" about it?

I poked around to find out where it is being built... and all I could come up with was this conjecture: in one of the soundstages or in a section of B32, which is a very large building.

lol "wuster-sure"

actually... "wuss-ter-shu" it doesn't have the "ur" on the end.

Well, up north, we pronounce it "wuster-sheer"

and there are other parts of the country, perhaps Kentucky, that need an extra syllable, thus:

"wuster-shyer"

Actually in Kentucky, we pronounce it "wur-ces-tur-shire". At least here in Louisville. :thumbs:

By the way Teebs, who did manufacture the Gringotts dragon?

Common pronunciation in Scotland is simply "Wooster". Why it needs all those extra vowels and consonants, I have NO idea. :lol:

Reactions: natespf
Weeeeeell... I will tell you what I know and what I assume regard seemingly contradictory posts in other threads here. Universal Creative props or an offshoot of that, is the lead vendor/contractor. While I know nothing of an aircraft manufacturer being involved as a subcontractor, it would make sense from aerodynamic perspective that they would need such engineering expertise for the extended wing, which is quite literally a sail... in hurricane central.

So, this leaves the actual dragon, or skin of the dragon, and as I have been told, it was built by UC props or an offshoot. What set me back a few days ago regarding its appearance was I was told by a member of UC that it looks "crappy" and that they are attempting to fix it... and that this is what these delays are all about. That is vague I know... what exactly is "crappy" about it?

I poked around to find out where it is being built... and all I could come up with was this conjecture: in one of the soundstages or in a section of B32, which is a very large building.

Hmm... Perhaps changes to the wing to reduce drag can't easily be hidden by the skin? Maybe the skin just doesn't sit right on the body since it's probably not like a typical AA under the skin.

Looks like they've finally got their record store in place after all. A friend on another website (Terry the Tailor) tells me that the album displayed on the left is Barbara Streisand's "Guilty." (You'll have to open in another tab & look closely to catch it.)

IMG_4288.jpg

Photo by Amuzementbuzz.com

MI0002011728.jpg

Last edited:
^ :rep:
Looking very good now, all coming into place. If I'm not at the grand opening, I'll probably be there sometime in November if I can swing it... Hoping to go before I leave for college. Thanks again for the wonderful pics TheLastAshen!

So am I to draw conclusions that according to this thread/others that the dragon is inanimate? I guess that's a buzz kill. Do I remember seeing promos somewhere that showed it moving or am I imagining things? I know they are having "issues" with it etc. But I guess it was always my thinking that you should do something right the first time and not half a$$ it? :) _ Does anyone else out there know of a "Statue" that breaths fire? Didn't think so. It was mean't to move in the first place and if they don't get it to that point, I'd imagine that sometime in the next few months they will succeed.

I still have faith they will pull it off in the time allowed before media previews.

Cheers -

Justin

Last edited:
That left globe on front of Kings Cross under the windows bothers me. I feel like it should be on the pillar to the right just like the other 3.

Thank you for all the amazing pics, TheLastAshen! Everything is looking so great! :cheers:

Unfortunately I couldn't make it out there tonight for some night shots, so I'm gonna try for next weekend.

What is that to the right of King's Cross in the 4th picture down? Looks like an ATM.

So it appears to be! :thumbs:

You can see the Leaky door (PoA entrance) on the left side of the Diagon Entrance under Leicester.

That has got me confused. Now that we know that "doorway" in the nook between KC and S&S bookstore is an ATM, we can forget about it having anything to do with Leaky, but now we still have two LC doors... The facade door with the sign and this doorway here... :shrug: I don't see the need for this one now, although I would have preferred this design to be the one representing Leaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.