Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 347 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's confirmed! Here's a leaked pic of the new ride

mulch1.png

Hopefully it has a 54" height requirement to keep the kids out!

Today they updated the July park hours for IoA. It seems IoA will never be opening an hour early like I has done in the past summers again. The park hours now match US opening at 9am and closing at 10pm. August hasn't been updated soon, but its safe to say it will change as well. This just eliminates the problems they would have if one park opened (or closed) an hour early. I think form here on out, both parks will share opening and closing times.

I think "never" is a strong word. Considering HHN will be forcing USF to shut down early in September and October and the ability to sell either park out for private events is tantalizing, I'd wager that this is a temporary correlation. They'll just have to shut HE down when one of the parks is close to closing. It's not unusual to have certain attractions be limited.

I think "never" is a strong word. Considering HHN will be forcing USF to shut down early in September and October and the ability to sell either park out for private events is tantalizing, I'd wager that this is a temporary correlation. They'll just have to shut HE down when one of the parks is close to closing. It's not unusual to have certain attractions be limited.

Exactly. Its not hard to simply keep a ride closed until a certain time. In fact the morning of the Transformers grand opening (730-8amish) they only had Despicable Me, RRR, and Mummy open. All other rides opened with the rest of the park at the normal time.

Incredible picture per @brandglover.

Knight's Bus driver:
BpugX02CIAAJ7vW.jpg

Actually, I believe that is supposed to be Stanley Shunpike, the ticket taker of the Knight Bus. And holy crap, they did a great job with the casting and costume. Looks just like the one from the movie (except the theme park actor looks a lot sexier than Lee Ingleby, the actor who portrayed him in the movie).
stanleyshunpike_zps5188f9f1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Question: Doesn't it appear there is still a considerable amount of construction left on the dragon (i.e. dome construction). Can this be finished in just six days? Jimmy Fallon is 6/16 and media previews 6/17+ so is the dome already pre-fabricated somewhere?

BpseF7MCUAEXxCR.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Huge credit to @violarum for this picture! Wyndham's Theatre is beautiful! I. Just. died.

BpusW57IIAE5PKg.jpg:large

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Wow....That picture...

And to answer your question, Im sure the dome will not be difficult to install otherwise they would have begun much sooner. Take no fear my friend, it is under control! :thumbs:

It's such a shame that we have to go through all of this non-sense with soft openings now. Before, we never really had to drive home the point of what a soft opening was.

This to me is the most exciting part of the whole thing. The anticipation of hearing the first reactions to the rides. Ugh, so close yet so far.

This to me is the most exciting part of the whole thing. The anticipation of hearing the first reactions to the rides. Ugh, so close yet so far.

I didn't mean that soft openings aren't fun. I mean that we had this troublemaker start a BS rumor and us bloggers and such have to go through the steps of saying "Its not soft opening", "this is what soft opening means", etc...

Huge credit to @violarum for this picture! Wyndham's Theatre is beautiful! I. Just. died.

BpusW57IIAE5PKg.jpg:large
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to just spend a whole day in this place. It would have been amazing if they made a couple hotel rooms in The Leaky Cauldron and picked out lucky people to be able to stay there for the night like, I believe, they used to do for the room inside Cinderella's castle. I can only imagine how amazing that would be.

Reactions: PourJudgment
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts