Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
then I guess the question is why they wouldn't put doors on the ride so that everyone could get it it... I don't know, I do think it is kind of sad to wait for so long only to be turned away. Specially if your group gets to ride and you have to wait for them. that must be awful.

It really is sad. In my case, my mom has had a hard time losing weight and her thyroid problem doesn't help. She's not obese but she's plump. Lol, I told her she better lose some weight and start doing squats if not the guards on Gringontts won't let her ride. Lmaoo, if she can't ride, I'm sure she'll be devisated. She's been on the mummy???

This ride is near perfect. A little but too much time is spent standing still though to call it a "high-speed rollercoaster" though. Personally, Gringotts is now one of my favorite rides at the resort and the finale is unlike any other ride I've ever seen in a theme park. This is a must experience attraction.

I'm very excited for the ride then. All I know about the finale is that it included a screen on a Kuka arm. I've tried to keep most of it a surprise, which should make the first ride exciting. I'm excited to see how the finale compares to Journey to the Center of the Earth. The ending there is just perfect. The lava monster blows flames at you, you turn the corner, and rapidly spiral up the tunnel before getting a CRAZY amount of air time when you pop out the tunnel. I'm expecting great things from Gringotts. ;)

^ Yes, I just noted today that the ride vehicles actually come to a full stop a number of times. I can now better understand the complications of it running at all. Cars must be in communication with each other constantly to be sure the next scene is clear. It also tells me that each scene must be near exactly the same length.

Near the end of the ride , just before the very last screen with Bill Weasley, if you look down below and to the left you can clearly see an opening with track coming out of it. Anyone know what scene of the ride that is for?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way Gringotts is only 120 right now.

Near the end of the ride , just before the very last screen with Bill Weasley, if you look down below and to the left you can clearly see an opening with track coming out of it. Anyone know what scene of the ride that is for?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way Gringotts is only 120 right now.

That is the tunnel from the first drop, the point of the launch is to get you back up to load platform height and cross you back over the track since the ride going in a kinda figure 8 shape.

Some images of the ride track, not new but maybe some people haven't seen them. Honestly not so spoilery because you can't tell what scene it is:

UrOqUrC.jpg

BbZrMSe.jpg

7gao1hn.jpg

Geeez, the scripts SUCKS. The first time we see Voldy, he says, "I know you've seen Harry Potter (to muggles)... he was in your vault Bellatrix...(to Bellatrix as if she were stupid)" Then there's a pregnant pause before Bellatrix speaks... "I thought I got rid of him, muggleborns! [ZAP]" it makes it to appear that she forgot her line for a second. Very awkward.

Voldy: "You've been assisting Harry Potter in his theft of Bellatrix's vault!"

Bell: "[knowingly and emphatically]My Vault! [in a loud maniacal scream] WRETCHED MUGGLES!!! ARGH!!! [ZAP]"

Those pics on the last page are really cool. The pic I really want to see is one of the tilt track. Hopefully if someone gets stuck on that part they will snap a picture. I don't know why, but that part of the attraction alone really interests me. I would definitely love to learn more about the tech behind this attraction. It fascinates me.

What is around the track in the coaster sections after the seesaw and dome? Black walls? Rocks? Nothing?

Its pitch black so idk if there is wall or its open or whatever. But the end part it is at least open enough to see the track you pass over for a second if you are looking.

It's completely dark. If the ride is lacking anywhere it's in the coaster sections. A little set dressing or anything visual (more caverns and fake tracks?) would have made those sections feel a lot more unified.

I kinda feel like they made it pitch black on purpose. I think they did it to mask how fast you are actually going, and then with the spinning it makes it feel way more thrilling then it actually would be if you could see a reference point. When I rode it, I felt like we were about to derail because the launch banks up and to the left while the car spins to the right. It makes for a very interesting sensation that wouldn't work as well lit.