Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
O Hell that event looks simply amazing. Singapore's HHN is growing quite nicely. Feels weird to know their event is all uncovered and that we've only had 2 houses and 2 scare-zones announced.

Coincidently I was looking at that same page earlier today, the Singapore HHN reminds me of the best days of our HHN. Also, I wonder if our doll maze may be similar to Singapore's HHN 2 concept ;)

I have stated before that I really want the Puppet Master as an icon for here. Below is my ideal scenario:
The Puppet Master Icon
All we need for the GP to realize he is ruling the event is a puppet of one of the creatures we will see inside a house hanging on the facade somewhere. If I had my way, each house would have an interior facade and the doors to enter the house would be dressed with stage like red curtains and a puppet hanging beside them (this would be a bit harder with the non SS houses, I will admit). Heck, each house could have its own mini icon and that could be the marionette we see outside, while inside we see the real creation.
For his house we get to enter his puppet theater and see his horrible creations. The house would be accessible because, lets face it, puppets by their nature are scary and a creepy puppet master is pretty easy to connect to whether or not you understand his motivations/backstory.
The website at this point would function as a way to flesh out both the icon and his minions.
This sort of icon could also easily accomodate any IPs as all it takes to tie it in is a marionette hanging outside the house entrance and it automatically ties in.
Another reason I like this idea is it supports mini-icons. I loved mini-icons such as Sam Meetz and H.R. Bloodengutz and really wish more houses would have this sort of central character ruling over the festivities inside.

HHN in Singapore is relatively new...I believe it will eventually go through the shift ours went through as well...all do it..as you get more popular you start to sell out originality

I would think Singapore's audience don't care about IP's

As for here in the states. There's people who've been to HHN. Though don't even know what's announced until friends or commerical is out. That's how the gp are about this event. No offense to the newer generation but all they care about is IP. We've always been in this predicament. We will have to see where the arch goes for 26-29. Wouldn't be so bad if we have a icon with a story to tie the event together.

As far as GP goes, I have a couple people at work who go to this quite often yet know nothing about parks, inside info, etc...and they all agree that this year is looking rather...."stupid" in their words.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
What are you talking about? The tagline totally brings the entire event together. I mean would last year's have even been nearly as good without the overarching theme of Evil Takes Root?!?!?!

"So this is what fear tastes like" made absolutely no sense on the shirt last year.

Jesus it sounds like something a very experienced girl would say on a nervous guy's first kiss :inquisitive:

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about? The tagline totally brings the entire event together. I mean would last year's have even been nearly as good without the overarching theme of Evil Takes Root?!?!?!

There was that root gator in la llorona, I don't see the problem here

Reactions: Lucky Planet

Because if the event turns out to be a stinker, people can use that taglinr against it...like "HHN sucked this year, you bet it was more dead than ever". In marketing, you never want a tagline or subtitle or caption or anything like that to be able to be twisted against whatever youre advertising. While it works on one hand, it has the potential to be easy bait for critical guests or even influential reviewers.