Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I've heard from the TMs the crowd is awful for RTU. They have a lot of problems with kids who take advantage of one of their few moments free from parents to hook up in the park (something about religious repression makes them go nuts apparently). So much for those purity rings they wear...

Reactions: natespf
May be going on Labor Day, figured it'd be a funny way to do it, go to it on the day the kids go back to school in the books. We're not going to be worried about rushing or making sure we ride anything in particular when we go but I did want to get an idea for crowd level since it is a holiday. Should be interesting if we do go, hope some of the effects are back up and working...

I am going to say it will be busy. I know President's day and holidays like that are always pretty crowded at the parks. Any day people have work off and is a long weekend tend to be busy. Tack on a day or two off of work and you have a nice little mini-vacation.

From what I've heard from the TMs the crowd is awful for RTU. They have a lot of problems with kids who take advantage of one of their few moments free from parents to hook up in the park (something about religious repression makes them go nuts apparently). So much for those purity rings they wear...
I've avoided the event for several years, but when I worked for Uni the RTU crowds were harder to handle than HHN or Mardi Gras...

Is this the projected/fog waterfall effect? From 1:28 to 1:31 in this POV video? [video=youtube;MF2XSa2TFP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF2XSa2TFP4[/video]

I've avoided the event for several years, but when I worked for Uni the RTU crowds were harder to handle than HHN or Mardi Gras...
That's what I've heard as well. Hard to believe such "Good Christians" should be such big problems. Disney has it worse with more dark rides where they can get "alone time"...

Last edited:
That's what I've heard as well. hard to believe such "Good Christians" should be such big problems. Disney has it worse with more dark rides where they can get "alone time"...

I remember going to Kennywood with a "good" catholic guy who went to an all guys catholic school. I can say there was nothing good about him :lol:

I was rewatching one of the original POVs and caught something interesting. The guy is describing the ride and says "wet" when passing under the physical Thief's Downfall. Um...is there supposed to be a water effect there? :look:

Link: http://youtu.be/SBdQIS_JXyM?t=2m28s

edit - wait, there's another water effect after being caught in the freefall scene (before the Augamenti)? :look::look:

Just want to share my experience from a couple of weeks back as it may help those trying to get on the ride. We were staying onsite at CB and made sure to get to the front gate of Uni by 7:30am for early entry. When they finally let us into the park, TM's were announcing that Gringotts would be down for at least 90 minutes. This was our last day at the parks and we were pretty bummed since Gringotts was constantly above 120 minutes the other days we were there. So we went up to the front entrance of the ride and talked with a Gringotts TM who said we could either wait in line with everyone for the ride to re-open or come back later, find him and he'd express us through. Sure enough, the ride re-opened a few hours later and we literally got through the whole attraction in under 15 minutes. Universal TM's were amazing our entire trip. Just be nice and explain your situation. I've found that complaining doesn't work as well as being genuine and kind to the TM's at UOR!

Last edited:
Reactions: neoshinok
Does anyone know what is bringing this ride to its knees now? Is it still the vehicle "checking in" with the system issue?

I'm just wrapping up 10 days onsite. We've done Gringotts about 10 times ... about half of those the heat effects happen a few seconds too early. I suspect getting these effects queued correctly might be part of the delays. Have experienced several 10-20 minute delays, but it hasn't been as bad as I anticipated. We either did EPA or 3-4 pm arrivals, and never have waited more than an hour to ride.

Just want to share my experience from a couple of weeks back as it may help those trying to get on the ride. We were staying onsite at CB and made sure to get to the front gate of Uni by 7:30am for early entry. When they finally let us into the park, TM's were announcing that Gringotts would be down for at least 90 minutes. This was our last day at the parks and we were pretty bummed since Gringotts was constantly above 120 minutes the other days we were there. So we went up to the front entrance of the ride and talked with a Gringotts TM who said we could either wait in line with everyone for the ride to re-open or come back later, find him and he'd express us through. Sure enough, the ride re-opened a few hours later and we literally got through the whole attraction in under 15 minutes. Universal TM's were amazing our entire trip. Just be nice and explain your situation. I've found that complaining doesn't work as well as being genuine and kind to the TM's at UOR!

1000% agree the tms today were great given the circumstances. Was in the early entry line and they clearednitband gave everyone expresses to gringotts. My big issue was being stuck on it 45 minutes being that I'm 6'5 and barely fit in the first place. They gave passes and we evaced and I just laughed knowing I couldn't chance that again.

But the tms were great......though the need more teams for evac

Finally ride this today.... First time was hit and miss... The scenes themself are amazing but the heat from the dragon came extremely early, then when Harry and the dragon confront voldemort there was no audio.... Second time everything was perfect minus fog effect where screen gets lifted... Not nearly enough, and no water effect either time