Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One of the fog machines was just having issues; created a sizable gap in the middle :l

No water, either :(

Singles was moving great, though. 25 minutes from the goggles to the ride.

Edit-can't believe it took me this many rides to notice, and I could be imagining things, but are there wind effects during the first coaster section? I noticed an awful lot of air moving around. Would work pretty well to give a greater sense of speed.

Last edited:
Is there any indication that wait times are starting to go down this week, now that most kids are back in school? I was wondering if this weekend might end up being a good weekend to visit.

Is there any indication that wait times are starting to go down this week, now that most kids are back in school? I was wondering if this weekend might end up being a good weekend to visit.

Well once schools go back it flips from the weekdays to the weekends being busier. My friend went Monday and waited just over 2 hours for gringotts and he got in line around 4. I would say hold off til after labor day. While Florida is back in school with the colleges going back next week northern states don't usually go back til early September I believe.

Well once schools go back it flips from the weekdays to the weekends being busier. My friend went Monday and waited just over 2 hours for gringotts and he got in line around 4. I would say hold off til after labor day. While Florida is back in school with the colleges going back next week northern states don't usually go back til early September I believe.

This is correct. Some parts of the country start after labor day. Philadelphia is an area I was recently told never starts before labor day. They tried once and the parents were not happy since many families did late vacations and I guess it also effected business at the Jersey shore. So I wouldn't expect to see a drastic drop in lines until after labor day.

Lined up this morning at about 7:30. By the time I got off the ride it was about 8:20. So to wait in the actual line I'd say I waited 20-25 mins. Not bad at all. When I got out the wait time said 90 mins, then went back to Diagon a little later on around 10ish and it was at 165 mins.

The ride was good, not great. Not something I would wanna wait an hour plus for. I'll have to see tomorrow when I ride it again to see. I see you guys mentioning water so wherever it came it didn't work today. But the rest of the ride was smooth, no breakdowns.

Lined up this morning at about 7:30. By the time I got off the ride it was about 8:20. So to wait in the actual line I'd say I waited 20-25 mins. Not bad at all. When I got out the wait time said 90 mins, then went back to Diagon a little later on around 10ish and it was at 165 mins.

The ride was good, not great. Not something I would wanna wait an hour plus for. I'll have to see tomorrow when I ride it again to see. I see you guys mentioning water so wherever it came it didn't work today. But the rest of the ride was smooth, no breakdowns.

The water occurs when the weasley guy shoots water at the dragons fire... intended as splash back from the water hitting fire.

This is correct. Some parts of the country start after labor day. Philadelphia is an area I was recently told never starts before labor day. They tried once and the parents were not happy since many families did late vacations and I guess it also effected business at the Jersey shore. So I wouldn't expect to see a drastic drop in lines until after labor day.

Mostly true, but not always. I'm in the western suburbs of Philly and my kids start school this coming Monday.

Mostly true, but not always. I'm in the western suburbs of Philly and my kids start school this coming Monday.

Interesting. I was talking to my MIL who lives North of the city in Buck's county and that is what she told me. Of course then again she is not always with the times either :) She was shocked that schools started so early down here.

Well tomorrow is my last day to do Gringotts so I'm hoping to get these fog and water effects. Wasn't working the two times I went on the last few days. I'd say I was a little underwhelmed by the ride. I has high expectations though, I always liked the idea of basing a ride off the bank. Just wish it was a little more thrilling. Diagon as a whole is fantastic though. Universal outdid themselves with this. And this is coming from someone who isn't really a Harry Potter fan. I enjoyed all the movies but don't get all giddy over it. But like I said, beautiful area. Hard to believe you're still at the Studios.

I finally get to ride this thing on Friday. IU am however a little worried since I am 6'5" with a lot of that height in my legs........which seems like it could cause issues

I've actually been on forbidden journey before! I was fine on it minus my foot hitting a few set pieces(I think the rock work in the spider area). I just heard that the leg restraints on Gringotts were really weird for people with longer legs.

I also one member of my party is a bit overweight so they are worried they will get through the queue and have issues. But they have been on Mummy and FJ before though they might be a bit up weight wise.

I've actually been on forbidden journey before! I was fine on it minus my foot hitting a few set pieces(I think the rock work in the spider area). I just heard that the leg restraints on Gringotts were really weird for people with longer legs.

I also one member of my party is a bit overweight so they are worried they will get through the queue and have issues. But they have been on Mummy and FJ before though they might be a bit up weight wise.

I have a pretty tall friend that fits in quite well...not as comfortable as Mummy, but definitely not as bad as fitting into Dudley
If your friend rode FJ he should be fine here I would think

Totally agree. I'm a big guy and found the ride a bit tight. FJ much more comfortable for me, but Gringotts is fine if I sit up straight and not try to lean forward. Lap bar a bit odd more like a leg bar

I'm about 6' and 260 and while I fit on the ride ok, I ofund it strange that with the restraints my feet did not touch the floor. It was kind of like riding Dragon Challenge. Also, who ever said it will be less crowds after Labor Day, remember that Rock the Universe is the week after and I remember being there when the Mummy opened. In the morning the Mummy had than then 30 minute waits, but after 4pm when the Rock the Universe guests are let in the waiting quickly jumped to over 3 hours. I would imagine it will be even worse with Gringotts

May be going on Labor Day, figured it'd be a funny way to do it, go to it on the day the kids go back to school in the books. We're not going to be worried about rushing or making sure we ride anything in particular when we go but I did want to get an idea for crowd level since it is a holiday. Should be interesting if we do go, hope some of the effects are back up and working...

We are really looking forward to hitting this the week after Labor Day and the whole Rock the Universe thing. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a little ticked off that all AP holders get early access during the week we are there. That is the reason we buck up to stay onsite (and have APs). Hopefully most will be in school or have to at least go to work. :lol:

We are really looking forward to hitting this the week after Labor Day and the whole Rock the Universe thing. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a little ticked off that all AP holders get early access during the week we are there. That is the reason we buck up to stay onsite (and have APs). Hopefully most will be in school or have to at least go to work. :lol:

So, who attends Rock the Universe? Do they truck very certain folks in for it?

Hotel occupancy at Cabana is supposedly low for that week and hopefully the AP's that aren't in school or work won't get up that early. I'll see you for that Duff's when we get down there. I sent you the info on a PM. Tight game between the Cards & Pirates tonight. The updated schedule only has the Studios open late on the 9th & 12th for your stay so you might want to make it to USF late on the 9th to see Diagon & the dragon in the dark.